at the range shooting my Ruger .380...

dnr82199

I was shooting my Ruger .380 and all of a sudden the slide flew off the gun, and the pin and springs went flying... Be careful that your slide pin doesn't come out. The very nice gentleman at the gun shop I was shooting at checked out my gun and said everything was fine...he went as far as shooting a full clip to see if it would come out again...and it didn't...maybe I was just venting my frustrations on my gun...but wanted to get some practice in. I just wanted to let everyone know that this can happen...and I would rather it be on the practice range, and not when you really need your pistol.

( I still love my little gun!! ;))

I was shooting my Ruger .380 and all of a sudden the slide flew off the gun, and the pin and springs went flying... Be careful that your slide pin doesn't come out. The very nice gentleman at the gun shop I was shooting at checked out my gun and said everything was fine...he went as far as shooting a full clip to see if it would come out again...and it didn't...maybe I was just venting my frustrations on my gun...but wanted to get some practice in. I just wanted to let everyone know that this can happen...and I would rather it be on the practice range, and not when you really need your pistol.

No bueno!
I strongly suggest sending it back to the manufacterer,
Ruger is a very reputable company and they should be able to fix or replace it with no problem whatsoever.

I have never had that happen with my LCP. what kind of Ammo were you using and how many rounds do you think you have through it? My dad had the same issue with his S&W bodygaurd, every third mag would send it flying, he sent it in to S&W and they said they fixed it, so far so good. I would say send it in to ruger so they can check it out. thanks for the info I will be keeping an eye on mine.

What were the circumstances? Did you clean it, field strip it and may have put it together incorrectly? Or did it just fall apart on you? Sounds like a liability if the latter is the case. I always double check my slide before loading and firing a Semiauto to ensure proper working order.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back