Assault weapons in denver

Raider-3

I've heard that you can now have a 30 round mag for a AR style weapon system in the city and county of denver. Fort a long time this is what denver considered a assault rifle and banned. I haven't seen anything in writting that says this has changed. Is there someone that has a answer?

I did a brief search through Denver city code and didnt see anything. Ill take a look at some other places as well. My advice is to stay out of that crap hole city though. Dont support them by living there with your tax dollars.

I've heard (First Mistake) that you can now have a 30 round mag for a AR style weapon system in the city and county of denver. Fort a long time this is what denver considered a assault rifle and banned. I haven't seen anything in writting that says this has changed. Is there someone that has a answer?

I'd say that is your answer

WOW in Denver CO? Well I can check that off the list of cities I'd move to! I was actually considering it as well....FORGET THAT!

Deserteagle:251185 said:
I did a brief search through Denver city code and didnt see anything. Ill take a look at some other places as well. My advice is to stay out of that crap hole city though. Dont support them by living there with your tax dollars.
Agreed, I stay out of denver at all costs

I did a brief search

Hence the word, brief. Thanks for spending your time to find it.

Agreed, I stay out of denver at all costs

There are no words to describe how much I hate Denver, and Boulder, but mostly Denver. It is a complete disgrace to the great state of Colorado.

I wonder how many people who use the term assault rifle realize that they are making Adolf Hitler proud by using a term he coined, translated from German.

Just curious, which one of the big three did you hear it from? LEO, CCW Instructor, or gun shop employee? :)
Leo, which is why I'm curious on what others out there might know

rofl.gif

How did I guess! Although I must admit, LEO will mostly tell you something is illegal when it is not.

Maybe the person he heard it from was thinking about this law:

29-11.7-103. Regulation - type of firearm - prohibited.

A local government may not enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the sale, purchase, or possession of a firearm that a person may lawfully sell, purchase, or possess under state or federal law. Any such ordinance, regulation, or other law enacted by a local government prior to March 18, 2003, is void and unenforceable.

Im not sure if Denver's home rule crap overrides this state law or not.

While not an official source:

Denver gun laws stand, but issue left unresolved : TheRocky.com: Denver News, Business, Homes, Jobs, Cars, & Information

"Two Denver district judges ruled that while the state legislation overrode some ordinances, Denver still had the right to regulate assault weapons, so-called "Saturday night specials" and the open carrying of firearms in public."

The article clears things up a bit, but this is definitely a time when I would pay a lawyer to explain the confusion between state law and Denver law. Its also one more reason why I hate that city. It would be nice if it just fell over and the liberals went somewhere like Chicago or San Fran.

Edit: I was just thinking about this in the shower also... If CO law says transportation of a gun in a car is a state concern, can I not even drive through Denver with my M4 in my trunk, and can I not check it in at the Denver International Airport if I wanted to travel with it???

The article clears things up a bit, but this is definitely a time when I would pay a lawyer to explain the confusion between state law and Denver law. Its also one more reason why I hate that city. It would be nice if it just fell over and the liberals went somewhere like Chicago or San Fran.

Edit: I was just thinking about this in the shower also... If CO law says transportation of a gun in a car is a state concern, can I not even drive through Denver with my M4 in my trunk, and can I not check it in at the Denver International Airport if I wanted to travel with it???

Denver is fast becoming the Chicago of the Rockies. More people live in Denver than live in the rest of Colorado combined and while Colorado, as a whole,is a conservative state Denver keeps pulling us to the left. FWIW Nebraska has the same problem w/ Omaha

Denver is fast becoming the Chicago of the Rockies. More people live in Denver than live in the rest of Colorado combined and while Colorado, as a whole,is a conservative state Denver keeps pulling us to the left. FWIW Nebraska has the same problem w/ Omaha

This is exactly why I wish Denver would just go away, especially all the people from California, Chicago, and the east coast. They ruin their states/ cities, and then move here and ruin this great state.

If CO law says transportation of a gun in a car is a state concern, can I not even drive through Denver with my M4 in my trunk, and can I not check it in at the Denver International Airport if I wanted to travel with it???

Yes. Denver only got to keep 3 things different from state law: (1) ban on semiauto rifles with capacity over 20 rounds and semiauto shotgun with capacity over 6, (2) ban on open carry, (3) safe storage law.

You can have a loaded handgun in your vehicle for self-defense anywhere in the state. I have read many reports of people traveling through DIA with declared firearms with no problems. The federal travel law allows a person who is not a Denver resident to travel through Denver and DIA from a place where any firearm is legal to a destination where it's also legal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back