Assault weapons ban coming, per Wash post

ColoradoRob

Link Removed

President Obama will unveil a sweeping set of gun-control proposals at midday Wednesday, including an assault weapons ban, universal background checks and limits on the number of bullets magazines can hold, according to sources familiar with the plans.
The announcement, to be delivered at the White House, is also expected to include a slate of up to 19 executive actions that the Obama administration can take on its own to attempt to limit gun violence. The White House has invited key lawmakers as well as gun-control advocates to appear at Wednesday’s policy rollout, according to two officials who have been invited to the event.
Obama said at a news conference Monday that he would present his gun proposals later in the week. A White House spokesman said Tuesday morning that he could not confirm the plans.

The President doesn't have the authority through executive action for order a AWB. That would have to be enacted by the Congress.

Ah, but he is bringing with him school children that wrote letters to him, asking that they be safe at school. So, he will demand that laws be passed in order to protect the children. What a hypocritical c-cksucker.

He can use EO to stop imports........alot of guns and ammo comes in as imports.
He can use the EPA/ATF to collect a 'fee' for lead remediation under the guise of regulation. Thus making ammo unaffordable.
There are some things he can do.
Those of you who rely on readily available ammo...ie...wallmart.......you're screwed......you should have a minimum of 5K rounds on hand.

Imports are easy to get rid of... stop imports, you stop the cheap surplus stuff I love so much. That's ammo and guns mind you, bye bye cheap BEAR and Tulammo... see ya later Century Arms imports.

Lead poisoning anybody? Hey EPA, glad you could restrict my outdoor shooting activities... Will bullets still be made from cheap lead, or other expensive materials? Will ammo prices drop, or stay up? Will there be new interstate taxes on ammo? Will there still be online sales? Background checks for bullets...?

Oh yeah, and those 20, 30, 50 round mags and drums we all enjoy... those'll be gone too, it's tough to convince an ignorant that I should have the same mags as the gov't troops when they come a knockin'... after we declare independence... again. If you say something to that effect, you'll be labeled a crazy on the spot and have your guns taken by the Feds.

PBO will do everything he thinks he can away with and our b!tch @ss representatives won't do a darn thing.

Last edited:
ALL of our reps are selling us out to the highest bidder. Looks like BHO holds all the money. He HAS to have some really interesting back-door deals going on for sure. I mean how low can you go by having kids do your bidding for you. When I thought he had sunk to a new low, he just goes down another rung on the ladder. It is friggin unbelievable and our reps just knuckle under for whatever he and Cuomo wants. They all sold us out. Lied right to our faces. Guess he, Blooming Idiot, and Sora$$ are spending some of their,(OUR),money to get what they want.

They can ban what ever they want. I have what I have and the ammo for it. I will not comply. That is a promise.

Uhm if they ban imports - I bet you money that company's in America would start producing those items to fill the void of "cheap" items.
Which would increase jobs in America :p

Edited - I am sure at first prices would go up - but as manufacturing was tooled up and gotten to a normal level - it would start to go down again.

Hell it might even bring back all those jobs lost during the suing of gun manufactures 15ish years ago.

Propaganda Buster: Cults and tyrants go after the children first

Try this and the Judge Andrew P. Napolitano site. He is good.
The Judge really blew it today on FNC. Said the DEA does FFL checks every six months. First off he is wrong on the DEA. They don't do the checks. It is the BATFE ( AKA ATF ) that does them. Second, any more than one compliance check per year by the BATFE constitutes harassment. BATFE has to have a warrant for any more than that.

Link Removed

President Obama will unveil a sweeping set of gun-control proposals at midday Wednesday, including an assault weapons ban, universal background checks and limits on the number of bullets magazines can hold, according to sources familiar with the plans.
The announcement, to be delivered at the White House, is also expected to include a slate of up to 19 executive actions that the Obama administration can take on its own to attempt to limit gun violence. The White House has invited key lawmakers as well as gun-control advocates to appear at Wednesday’s policy rollout, according to two officials who have been invited to the event.
Obama said at a news conference Monday that he would present his gun proposals later in the week. A White House spokesman said Tuesday morning that he could not confirm the plans.
BTW, some of the "gun-control advocates" are going to be CHILDREN who have allegedly written the Czar begging him to ban guns.

I choose death before dishonor - of living on my knees to a government that doesn't understand that gun bans leads to more violence. DO NOT DISARM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.. its stupid because criminals will always find a way to commit crimes.. the biggest crimes that happen are gonna be by government leaders it seems..

Make something idiot proof and world makes a better idiot..

BTW, some of the "gun-control advocates" are going to be CHILDREN who have allegedly written the Czar begging him to ban guns.

Would also like to add the fact that these children wrote these letters under instruction of their handlers at the government funded indoctrination centers that they attend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back