Article Warns of Violent Response To Pending Gun Control Lefislation

mistergus75

It's a huge step for us to consider the possibility of violent resistance to our government's policies. But many of us are now having to ponder our personal response to the possibility of government confiscation of our firearms. If this is not be an immediate threat following the passage of Feinstien's legislation, it could be setting the table for it. How long till we would see a nightmare unfold of police coming for our guns? Ten years? Five?

I'll never turn over my guns. Ever. And I know I'm not alone. Somewhere I read that huge numbers of gun-owning Americans are "leaning forward", ready, even eager to defend the 2nd Amendment. I'm one of them.

This is a well-reasoned, thoughtful article about a likely violent reaction by Americans directed at our government should it attempt to disarm the public. A good read, I think.

Link Removed

Obama, Pelosi, Feinstein and their ilk...They had better ponder what they may be starting.

It would be hard to believe that LEO or even Military would go door to door and search our homes for firearms. Isnt that about the same thing as invading America?

I dont know many LEO or military that are not firearm owners themselves.

In my opinion they would have to basically bring in UN troops and take over America overnight to accomplish this. How do you think it would play out that foreign troops taking over America?

I might be near sighted but I do not see it happening. Maybe making it to where you cannot buy them anymore, or you have to buy a stamp and have them regulated if you buy them after a certain date....

Now come on everybody, let's not get our panties in a twist. This is for the safety of the children. How could anyone be cold hearted enough to oppose this? :sarcastic: Of course you have to realize our government considers themselves as the adults and all the rest of us as their children and they know best.

It would be hard to believe that LEO or even Military would go door to door and search our homes for firearms. ..

Tell that to some people in New Orleans after Katrina. LEO's went door to door checking on safety and confiscating the home owners weapons.

If mandatory gun turn ins/confiscations don't happen, it will be because we wouldn't stand for it.

The Leftists wants to take our guns, and they will do it if they can.

And if ever let down our guard, they will.

You do know that if this "gun ban" is allowed to happen, most of us will become instant felons.

There was a violent response to the Fugitive Slave Act.

But I don't expect these ignoramuses to know that history any more than they know any other.

You do know that if this "gun ban" is allowed to happen, most of us will become instant felons.
I believe there's a line in the movie "Thief" that goes something to the effect of, "Never **** with somebody with nothing to lose."

The Brits found that out in Ireland.
The Germans found that out in Belorussia.

Make no mistake; this is exactly what the far left wants. They believe that violence will allow them to destroy what is left of the republic and the Constitution ("never let a crisis go to waste"). The left is always the first to resort to violence (the unions in Wisconsin and Michigan) and I hope no one on the side of the Constitution is "eager" for violence. I will, however, not submit to the destruction of my individual liberty or the confiscation of my property. I believe that the Constitution is sacred and an oath to protect and defend it is inviolable. The people on the far left are bullies and eventually will push us too far. I fear for my country.

Here's an excerpt from the article that MisterGus is referring to: You need to read it.

"Do They Know What They Are In For...?

"Feinstein’s campaign for gun control is not hers alone; it has been the overall establishment’s work in progress for decades. I covered the broad based arguments of gun control advocates above because I wanted to illustrate the tangibility of gun ownership. I want to show you where we stand as constitutionalists, and I can say confidently that our moral and intellectual footing is strong. To be clear, when defenders of a particular idea are right in their position, they are much more likely to fight and die for that position, and they are much more likely to win.

"In the beginning I asked what the 2nd Amendment means for the future of this country. Not only if it continues, but if it disappears. If I was a gun control proponent, I would weigh the aftereffects of my actions carefully, because the penalties will likely be dire…

"I have heard it argued that Americans are passive. We didn’t rise up against the last Assault Weapons Ban. We didn’t rise up against the Patriot Act. We didn’t rise up against TSA molestation. We didn’t rise up against warrantless wiretapping, the assassination of U.S. citizens, or even the NDAA. The people who make this point, though, are not looking at the larger issue. It is one thing for our government to pass legislation; the wider application of that legislation on our streets and at our doorsteps is another matter."

Molon Labe!!
My right to own guns is not given to me by the constitution. It is a natural right that all people have for their own defense against a tyrannical government and other assorted bad guys who would attack them. It is my right that is guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States. That inviolable right is also guaranteed by my ability to aim and fire. If you come to get my guns, you might die on my porch.

While I believe that it is highly unlikely that we'll see nation-wide door-to-door confiscations of firearms from US households (putting aside for the time-being the constitutional issues of "takings" and the compensation that would be required under that clause), if, and that's a mighty big "if", such an order were to be issued, I suspect we'd see a huge insurrection in the military and a trememndous amount of civil unrest which would render the "legality" of such an order the least of our problems.
Of course, the liberal-controlled media would back the action (while simultaneously rejoicing our Nation's woes) as a "common sense" measure, doubtless while reciting a litany of all the children who were murdered under the tenure of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapon Ban and its legislative duplicate still on the books in Connecticut.
In all honesty, it makes good copy for a Sci-Fi or military-adventure novel, but I doubt (and most certainly pray) that it will happen. If does, I suspect that we'll see some of the darkest days this nation has seen since the 1860s.

If confiscation was approved it would be tied up in the courts for decades. The NRA will never permit such an outrage.

It would be hard to believe that LEO or even Military would go door to door and search our homes for firearms. Isnt that about the same thing as invading America?

I dont know many LEO or military that are not firearm owners themselves.

Austin,

One thing you need to keep in mind is that the proposals EXEMPT current or retired LEOs as well as active and reserve military from all of the restrictions. . . . . . . While I'm not sure that we will see a "Katrina Style" door to door confiscation again, it might be easier for LEO and/or soldiers to do knowing that they get to keep their personally owned firearms, especially when it is tied to protecting our nations children and emergency workers.

"They" could accomplish virtually the same thing w/o confiscation first by making certain firearms, amo etc. illegal to sell and own. Some, possibly many, will turn the firearms in under buy back programs etc. Next you get arrested if you are seen with the illegal firearms etc. in public. You also get arrested if you use the firearms and someone turns you in.

Then the media gets to bend and twist the news as home invasions and other crimes increase as less and less people can defend their property.

Don't really know what will or will not happen. All I know is that just recently, I told my wife that if she hears the words "mandatory turn in" or "impending confiscation" in the media, she better move to where her family is because she doesn't want to be here with me.

What I believe is that they could never accomplish collecting all of our weapons. But I do think they will try to control the Ammunition side of this problem. Now I'm not smart enough to figure out all the sides their tactical position, but that's what I'm thinking.
Later & Peace

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back