army asking armed civilians to stay home

gfrlaser

Army tells recruiters to treat armed civilians as security risk

But now officials are asking armed civilians to stay home and for recruiters to not only avoid these individuals, but call the police if they feel threatened by those carrying firearms outside of the facilities, according to a report from Stars and Stripes. Additionally, an Army security report should immediately be filed in the event of a confrontation.

Yep, the pooolice will make sure everyone stays safe.

Oh, wait, the police don't have any actual duty to protect anyone. So how's that work, again?

Millions of Americans carry firearms every day in their normal lives for self defense without negligently shooting themselves or others....but the government doesn't trust the U.S. [dis]Armed Forces to do the same....

Well, since Bubba Klinton we have had this policy. WHY? (I know, the left hates guns, every gun, every place, but WHY? - We need the local sheriff to organize a watch with locals. If you want to help you can make coffee or man the phones.)

Well, since Bubba Klinton we have had this policy. WHY? (I know, the left hates guns, every gun, every place, but WHY? - We need the local sheriff to organize a watch with locals. If you want to help you can make coffee or man the phones.)

Making coffee and manning the phones aren't my style. I'm a warrior, through and through. When I chose the way of the gun I chose not to sit on the sidelines.

Idiots like this do not help the cause one bit.

An armed civilian accidentally fired a shot from an AR-15 rifle into the pavement outside a military recruiting center in Ohio on Thursday but no one was hurt, police said.

The incident occurred days after armed citizens started showing up at military recruiting centers around the country to act as guards following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga.

A police report said 28-year-old Christopher Reed was holding the rifle outside the recruiting station near the River Valley Mall in Lancaster, about 40 miles southeast of Columbus, at about noon when someone asked to look at the weapon. While Reed was clearing the ammunition from the rifle, he accidentally fired a shot into the pavement.

Civilian accidentally fires AR-15 rifle at Ohio military recruiting station | Local News | Times Free Press

Stupid is as stupid does:
Negligent discharges are always preventable. Don't be THAT guy. Know your firearm, know the status of your firearm, and obey ALL rules of firearm safety.
Certainly no argument with that, and I won't offer up any excuses for either guy. But I think if we allow recruiters to carry while at work, then they probably WILL know all those things better. The guy in the parking lot has either A: Learned his lesson and will forever follow the rules from here on out, or B: Is just an idiot, and you can't fix stupid. We can only hope that it's A, because incidents like this make us all look bad in the eyes of people who are too naive to know any better.
That's the same incident as the first link bofh posted. Just FYI.

They like gun free zones, let them have them, they're on their own.
Got a carry permit after taking a class on gun safety about 7 years ago, state requirement. The funny thing is, I took basic training for the army in the mid 60's and nothing has changed on how to safely handle a gun. I thought I was back in basic training.

They like gun free zones, let them have them, they're on their own.

I have to disagree with that one. Those in these gun free zones do NOT like them. They are certainly NOT on their own as long as there are people out there that are not full of it like you.

Glad to see our former military standing guard at these recruiting centers. As I remember, when I was sworn in when joining the military years ago, there was no mention of a expiration date on when we could stop protecting America.

Glad to see our former military standing guard at these recruiting centers. As I remember, when I was sworn in when joining the military years ago, there was no mention of a expiration date on when we could stop protecting America.
The oath expires with the contract. That's why you have to retake the oath every time you reup.

The oath expires with the contract. That's why you have to retake the oath every time you reup.
No, their ability to HOLD you to that oath expires with the contract. That doesn't necessarily mean your faith to the oath expires.

No, their ability to HOLD you to that oath expires with the contract. That doesn't necessarily mean your faith to the oath expires.
An oath is a binding instrument. When you cannot be forcibly held to it by the other party, the oath has expired.

I suppose a divorced man can still honor his wedding vow, but the vow is still void.

An oath is a binding instrument. When you cannot be forcibly held to it by the other party, the oath has expired.

I suppose a divorced man can still honor his wedding vow, but the vow is still void.
I'm guessing you've never been in the military. You're missing the point entirely. I'm talking about faith, not legality.

I saw one video of a former soldier "guarding" a recruiting station somewhere, and he was holding his AR-15 horizontally with a shoulder strap. He was sweeping citizens with every turn of his body. While I applaud his willingness to help, he should have never been allowed to continue his watch, or even start it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back