Armed 'Good Guys'

Good article and a good point. If you are going to get into a shooting situation, you had better have a plan. Bringing yourself to the attention of the shooter without cover and your gun pointed at him is not wise. A good example is the recent mall shooting in Portland. The ccw citizen was behind cover when he was aiming at the shooter. Had he been out in the open with his gun pointed down, he may well have been shot 5 times.

If you feel you have to give a verbal warning before shooting a bad guy, you best do it from behind cover, and not have any exposed citizens behind you out in the open. There is not requirement for a warning. If you are justified, you are justified.

Good article and a good point. If you are going to get into a shooting situation, you had better have a plan. Bringing yourself to the attention of the shooter without cover and your gun pointed at him is not wise. A good example is the recent mall shooting in Portland. The ccw citizen was behind cover when he was aiming at the shooter. Had he been out in the open with his gun pointed down, he may well have been shot 5 times.

If you feel you have to give a verbal warning before shooting a bad guy, you best do it from behind cover, and not have any exposed citizens behind you out in the open. There is not requirement for a warning. If you are justified, you are justified.

Mckown had his firearm tucked in his pants, not pointing at the shooter...and how would meli (Portland ccw'er) have been shot 5 times when the shooters rifle was jammed?

Really NPR National Public Radio Radio so good that it has to be funded by your tax dollar. NPR is just as far to the left as CBS cental Barrack Station or NBC National Barrack chanel or ABC all Barrack chanel. You know they can not argue with the facts so that they have to present a biased emotional appeal saying here look what this guy did now he is in a wheel chair for life. Instead of presenting the entire story in an unbiased manner. The story clealy states that he did not know what happened to the shooter big mistake knowng your suroundings and being totally aware priorty one!

OK, read the article. Joe Good Guy should have never holstered his weapon. If and when he decided to engage, he should have committed to it fully. MOST, not all, LEO's if approaching a armed individual (NOT SHOOTING) would confront and advise. He could have identified himself and moved on. As for the real BG...He saw a timid person, shot repeatedly and moved on. Ahhhhhh, yaa really think you would have done the same thing????????? Maybe you NOT me. SHTF, gotta draw, gonna shot. If I survive, I'll explain to the jury why my Life was endangered.
This ain't rocket science people, it's protecting yourself from eminent danger. I'm sure others will disagree with me BUT DON'T CARE, It's how I would engage, not how you would engage. Learn, Live and move forward or DON'T, the choice is yours.

If you are gonna take on a shooter DO NOT give him any advantage. Have our gun ready and put rounds center mass and don't stop shooting till you know the threat is cleared.

Someone who is in a mall shooting people is no one to talk to. Shoot and end the threat.

:triniti:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back