AR manufacturer of choice

I would caution the OP to do research on up to date references. The chart is wrong. The Stag model 1 I just purchased has M4 feed ramps, an M16 bolt carrier, a black extractor spring insert, and the gas key is staked properly. I didn't go through everything in the chart, these are enough to prove it is not current. It's a good indicator of what to compare though and the spreadsheet has links to a lot of good stuff to know.

The chart isn't wrong... It's out of date. There are newer charts around if you browse through the AR forums.

Just remember buy what you need, a tier 1 rifle isn't needed for plinking.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes sir, that is what I'd call a darn good up to date link as it applies to Stag Arms! Thank you.

yea, 2007 is a bit behind the times. Old link. Most manufactures have incorporated Mil-Spec parts and processes as of late... I'm looking to build a varmint AR w/ 20" barrel (not in a rush). I may use the Stag upper for it...

Here's another satisfied Rock River customer. I have Operator 2 Tactical, and it it best gun that I own. Very reliable, very accurate, and just plain fun to shoot.

Doublestar ar15!!

Doublestar makes some very good ar systems as well not to mention they are made in my state of ky
I got my DOUBLESTAR a few years ago well below everybody else's price range and nothing but great things to say about it now if they would lower the price of the 1911 they made I'd be in heaven !!!! Get a DOUBLESTAR 15 you won't be sorry, I've thrown every type of ammo in it and it just keeps rockin!!

Thanks for the input, especially ScottMac. I just ordered a pair of Rock River Tactical Elite AR's. Nothing says "love" like his 'n' hers weapons. The wife wears glasses so I think she's going with an Eotech holographic sight. I'm going to start with the iron sights and see where that takes me. I shot "expert" in military school with an M1 and the sam in the Army with an M14. I've never owned any sort of opticals but am not against trying the new technology. BTW, my wife is a Nurse Practitioner. I think her motto may be, "I can save your life or I can end it....your call".

Excellent! Get those printed up, I"m sure there are are more than a few EMTs, Paramedics, Doctors, Nurses, and other medical affiliates that would go for that bumper sticker.

I bought an EOTech XPS2 sight with my LAR and love it. You *must* make the effort to use it with both eyes open; it does make a difference!

My eyes are a little old & fuzzy, so it's not a good sight (for me) beyond 25-50 yards. I intend to add the 3X magnifier and / or a Nikon .223 scope (current promotion: free mounting hardware ~$75) for longer shooting distances.

I think you and your wife are gonna love this rifle; the more I shoot it the more I like it ...

Thanks for the input, especially ScottMac. I just ordered a pair of Rock River Tactical Elite AR's. Nothing says "love" like his 'n' hers weapons. The wife wears glasses so I think she's going with an Eotech holographic sight. I'm going to start with the iron sights and see where that takes me. I shot "expert" in military school with an M1 and the sam in the Army with an M14. I've never owned any sort of opticals but am not against trying the new technology. BTW, my wife is a Nurse Practitioner. I think her motto may be, "I can save your life or I can end it....your call".

Tell the wife that is about as good a way to state the obvious as it gets...

Pictures of the aforementioned rifles, always a good idea. With no pictures it's all a fish story.. Try a simple red (or green or blue) dot optic. 1x magnification and shoot with both eyes open. Your brain will process the image with the input from both eyes and you'll be amazed at how fast you can get on target and actually make good hits. Vortex Strikefire is a good under $200 red dot, Primary Arms makes a good under $100 basic optic..

Thank you for your service..

Peace...

Colt, 'nough said. Out to 75 yards, iron sights are fine. 100 and up starts needing a scope. My AR-15 Match Target has a Leepers 4X scope on it.

Rock River is now as much as 85 days behind in production. My order date was March 9. Hers was March 31. Will post pictures when rifle arrives.

Based upon the advice I received on this forum I passed on the M & P and ordered a Rock river Tactical Elite with EoTech sight mount. I'm still a fan of my Smith handguns, but after handling, not shooting M & P AR's for the past four months my RR finally arrived and I have to say it's a better built gun and about the same price. It was worth waiting nearly four months. Now to get it to the range. My wife also has one ordered, about 3-4 weeks behind mine. I had to order it sight unseen as the Rock River guns are extremely scarce in this area. Thanks to all for the good advice.

It's difficult to really just say one. The greats would be Noveske, DD, Colt, BCM, LMT, Spike's,and a few others I am missing.

I would honestly put Bushmaster up there as well. Most of the complaints about them that I've researched online are old ones and have been fixed with the newer models. The only "major" thing I have with mine is it's enhanced AR-15 bolt carrier (fully staked too, unlike the ones people complained about years ago), so it's slightly lighter than a full M16 one. However, if I wished, that is an easy part to replace. You won't go wrong with a Bushmaster and frankly I'm not that impressed with Colts.

I finally got my hands on my Spikes Tactical upper........ and it is beautiful. The craftsmanship is outstanding. It looks great and feels great, very comfortable. I am waiting for the last of the parts to arrive so I can assemble my lower and then I will see how it looks as a complete unit. I would highly suggest Spikes Tactical as a manufacturer, if you have the patience to wait for delivery if you buy direct or have the google skills to find someone that has them in stock.

I went Rock River. No regrets. Reasonably priced, good quality materials, perfect fit and finish. You can definitely get more features and nicer builds, but it'll cost a lot more too.

My wife's Rock River finally arrived on Monday. When I figure out how to post pictures on here I will, until then I guess it will remain a "fish story". Right now, both hers and mine are box stock with only the Rock River upgrades. As time progresses we'll figure out the modifications we want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back