AR manufacturer of choice

weavercf88

I am in the market for an AR. Who do you buy from? I have heard good things about Daniel Defense

Daniel defense makes very good ar systems they can be pricy but very worth it. Bushmaster also makes some good ar systems

Daniel defense makes very good ar systems they can be pricy but very worth it. Bushmaster also makes some good ar systems

Bushmaster is nowhere near the quality of Daniel Defense. OP, Daniel Defense is in the top tier of AR Makers along with Noveske, Bravo Company, LMT & Colt to name a few.

Yeah I know bushmaster dont compare to lmt and Daniel defense the op didn't give a price range so I gave a high and a low

Totally agree with Daniel Defense, my DDM4V5 is a mighty fine weapon platform. I've heard alot of good things about Bravo Company as well as Larue, but they are very pricey (Larue that is). Seems none of the companies can keep up with demand and you should almost do research, decidr on a couple you want snd get the first available

I don't know much about different brands other than what I read on the Inet. I did purchase a Colt M4 AR that is a great gun. So I would recommend Colt to you, but I don't know about the others.

I recently bought a Rock River Operator Elite II.
No complaints, solid unit, shoots great, had the best (two stage, match grade) trigger of anything else on the wall of the gun shop (~ 12-15 others from a variety of mfrs, including HK).
It also came with an EOtech compatible rail mount (Dominator) and both fold-down sights.

I have a Bushmaster and a Rock River what the Bushmaster lacked I replaced with better parts, the Rock River lacked nothing perfect right out of the box. If I were to do it all over agen I would have 2 Rock Rivers!

This is a new company started by the original owner of Bushmaster and others from the old company
after the 5 year no compete time expired.
Windham Weaponry Online -

Pat's Product Review: Windham Weaponry M4 Clone
Link Removed

No M&P owners on here? I'm seriously considering the M&P 15 Sport after reading a Guns & Ammo review. $729 list, about $679 in the real world. I don't see how you could go wrong with this one.

Not so much "go wrong" as "what features" you need.
The least expensive S&W may need some mods to add the features you decide to need (stock, sights, rails, etc).
Often, the final piece ends up costing more, even though it started out cheaper.
Sometimes it's "cheaper" to spend mor up-front, so compare with a critical eye towards you preferred feature list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back