App/website showing which businesses do/don't allow CCW?

Budworthtdog

Forgive me if this has already been asked but I am new to the concealed carry world. Everytime I try to google to see if something like this exists I only get results for things like state to state reciprocity maps.

I was wondering if there are any apps or a website dedicated to showing which bussiness do or don't allow concealed carry in their establishment. I live in Ohio. I'm guessing most states are like this but in our state if you have a CCW you can carry inside establishments (with a few pre-determind exceptions) unless they have a conspicuous sign posted stating otherwise. It would be nice if there were a database that could be checked to help make decisions on where to go without having to go all the way there to check. Does anyone know if something like this exists?

I usually barge right in as the signs are hidden. When I do find a posted place and I easily see that it is, I do not use that place. I will say that the sign is not enforceable in Oregon, you can be asked to leave and trespassed from the establishment, then coming back would be enforceable as you were trespassed. They recently banned CC in all State of Oregon offices.

Here in Oklahoma them goofy little “robbers welcome” signs don’t hold the weight of the law so they just simply get ignored by me. Kudos to those of y’all that actually take the initiative to not patronize those ignorantly-operated places but to me, concealed is concealed and I refuse to be controlled by those signs. I’m not gonna inconvenience myself over a sign unless it’s a federally mandated building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here in Oklahoma them goofy little “robbers welcome” signs don’t hold the weight of the law so they just simply get ignored by me. Kudos to those of y’all that actually take the initiative to not patronize those ignorantly-operated places but to me, concealed is concealed and I refuse to be controlled by those signs. I’m not gonna inconvenience myself over a sign unless it’s a federally mandated building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know a few of the places that are anti 2A and don't give them my business or money. The ones that I don't either know about or have no signs or poor signage have the right as business owners to ask me to leave and I would if they were to take notice of my carry and are frightened or offended. It's never happened, I'm very conscious of my carry printing, and I doubt it's ever going to be an issue so I don't think about it.

The Place to Be

Aside from knowing the do's and donot's under your state law, it is then up to the business to ban carry or not. It becomes too grandular for anyone to really keep up with.

I did have an app on my phone for my state which relied on users to enter if a specific business permitted or banned CC. There just wasn't enough input from users to make it a reliable source.

You might search the iphone or playstore (which ever is applicable) for apps for your state.

I was wondering if there are any apps or a website dedicated to showing which bussiness do or don't allow concealed carry in their establishment. I live in Ohio.

Certainly. Here's a rather long "list of businesses that have expressed that they do not fully support your right to carry a firearm in their stores." They either prohibit guns outright or have some sort of no-gun policy. Most of these are well-known store chains.

Friend or Foe, however, not only allows you to search on specific businesses near you, but it also allows you to generate reports on your local businesses. The owners ask, and rightfully so, that you be fair and objective in your assessment. I've added a number of businesses in my area, as well as made comments on businesses others have added to their mapping database.

I'm guessing most states are like this but in our state if you have a CCW you can carry inside establishments (with a few pre-determind exceptions) unless they have a conspicuous sign posted stating otherwise. It would be nice if there were a database that could be checked to help make decisions on where to go without having to go all the way there to check. Does anyone know if something like this exists?

Indeed, Friend or Foe is your best bet, and the good thing is that with regular use and updating, it only gets better. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back