Anyone ever seen one of these?

W.D.Murray

Looking for some info, just picked this up and can't find anything about it. Link Removed

It says Safari Club International, the barrel has Education one one side and Coservation on the other and Mag-na-port on the bolt. Link Removed

Looks like an older model Ruger 22, Mark I I believe. Someone wasted a lot of money pimping out this thing!

most defiantly an Ruger maybe it was an promo for the safari club but looks like nice piece

Last edited:
Called Ruger, all they could tell me is that it was just a regular MK 2 in 1985 when it was shipped. Called Safari Club International they were no help, the girl said their records only went back to 1992. Then a call to Mag-na-port gave me all the info I needed. The gun was bought by them, hand engraved and ported, placed in a custom box and then shipped to Safari Club for their international convention. The man from Mag-na-port asked a few more questions about the markings on the gun and determined that it was one of 15 that they had done for the convention.

Called Ruger, all they could tell me is that it was just a regular MK 2 in 1985 when it was shipped. Called Safari Club International they were no help, the girl said their records only went back to 1992. Then a call to Mag-na-port gave me all the info I needed. The gun was bought by them, hand engraved and ported, placed in a custom box and then shipped to Safari Club for their international convention. The man from Mag-na-port asked a few more questions about the markings on the gun and determined that it was one of 15 that they had done for the convention.

Thier is a fair chance that this gun was a fund raiser auction gun at SCI or a prize at one of the SCI events.

Interesting gun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back