Anybody carry a Colt Defender

tomwalshco

Had one a year ago, but it was so damn pretty, I was afraid of scratching it and ended up selling it when I got Kahr fever.

Since it was cold, snowy and windy today I walked around with a Glock 36 to get used to it again. Then stuck a full-sized 1911 in my waist for a few hours and it was actually more comfortable than the 36. Got me thinking about a compact 1911 again. Thoughts on carrying the Defender?

Carried it a while last winter, but again, fear of scratching made me put it away. Think I'm over that now.

Link Removed

The one pictured has been my daily carry gun for about a year now. .45 cal in a Galco Sto and Go IWB holster and I haven't scratched it yet. I don't see how that would happen as long as it stays where its supposed to. I am extremely happy with mine.

I don't have a Colt Defender but do carry a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. It is very comfortable to carry and I don't worry about the holster wear that may show up as I bought it for a carry gun not a safe queen but that is just me.

I carry one occasionally (EDC is a Glock 23). I love the gun and the way it shoots, just don't like only having 7 shots vs 13.

The Defender is an excellent firearm...IMHO.

There is a recall notice (7.6.09) that you can download (PDF) here: Link Removed

I've included a screen shot below of the page with the Defender serial numbers that are affected by the recall. It's a simple fix that you can do when cleaning the weapon...Colt will provide the new parts.

I have a Colt Officer's ACP that I carry from time to time.

I've been carrying the M&P40c more lately since I've been replacing some parts & springs on the Colt and need to prove it dependable as a carry piece again. I would love to get the new Colt Defender, but the anti-gun Nazis here in MA make it difficult...

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back