Another Mass Shooting

Hawkeye638

Another mass shooting, this time in California.

A gunman in a black BMW opened fire on crowds of people Friday night in a Southern California seaside town near UC Santa Barbara, killing six people and injuring seven others in what investigators described as a "mass murder" rampage.

Apparently no scary looking “assault rifle” was used.

One semi automatic handgun was recovered from the suspect's vehicle.

Link Removed

I seems the suspect is the son of Hollywood privilege and elite.

Photographs uploaded to a Facebook page reveal the luxurious life of the possible shooter who went on a rampage Friday night at the University of California, Santa Barbara, killing at least seven.

Speculation on the Internet suggests Rodger may be the son of Hunger Games assistant director Peter Rodger and stepson of “Les Vraies Housewives” cast member Soumaya Akaaboune.

Link Removed

If his YouTube video is correct, all this because he could not get the right girls interested in him so he wanted payback. It will be interesting to see how the media treat this story.

Link Removed

Another spoiled rich kid???????who didn't get his way in life and to make his point he decides to take it out on defenseless individuals. Wonder what they think of him now?

Hopefully he gets life in prison w/o the possibility of parole. Unfortunately, he's apparently very well connected as well as wealthy so... Daddy will probably get him off the hook with some probation.

~MeriKa, Fvck yeah!

Who should get what? The shooter is dead.

Many of the actual details of this incident have not been released yet, such as how the shooter obtained the firearm? Was the firearm CA-legal? Why was no-one in the family monitoring his YouTube channel, given that they apparently knew that he had the tendency to become a danger to himself and others.

This doesn't stop gun control advocates to wave the bloody shirt though. If you can stomach it, go over to the MDA Facebook page. They obviously blame the gun and not the mentally ill shooter.

CNN has already a theme: COLLEGE TOWN 'MASS MURDER' and a commentary panel. One guy on the commentary panel recommended mandatory regular psych evaluation for gun owners. There was also the idea of gun ownership being a privilege and not a right. Thanks to the void of facts, everyone is playing on emotion without having a clue.

FYI: Link Removed

The facts are coming in. This is from the news conference:

- The shooter had 3 prior contacts with LEOs within the past year. The last just within the past month (welfare check). The family was worried about the their son and called the Police to check up on him.
- The shooter legally purchased (and registered) 3 semi-automatic handguns (2 Sig Sauer 9mm and 1 Glock) more than a year ago. All CA-legal.
- The shooter had 34 loaded 10-round Sig Sauer magazines and 7 loaded 10-round Glock magazines.
- 3 victims were stabbed and killed.
- 3 victims were shot and killed.
- A number of victims were shot and wounded.
- At least one victim (cyclist) was hit by the shooters car and wounded.
- The shooter was only opposed by responding LEOs and not by any gun carrying/owning citizen.

Good thing they have such tough gun laws out there!

Apparently not tough enough.

Rodger had three semi automatic handguns--a Glock 34 and two Sig Sauer P226s-- as well as more than 400 rounds of ammo when he died.

The suspected shooter purchased all his firearms legally. They were registered to him.

Imagine the firestorm if the police had confiscated his guns "several weeks ago after being alarmed by YouTube videos "regarding suicide and the killing of people."

He would have become a poster child of the NRA's fight against the "Nazi gun confiscators".

Imagine the firestorm if the police had confiscated his guns "several weeks ago after being alarmed by YouTube videos "regarding suicide and the killing of people."

He would have become a poster child of the NRA's fight against the "Nazi gun confiscators".

Confiscating his guns would not have changed much. He stabbed and killed 3 people, remember. Instead of using his guns to kill 3 more and injure many others, he could have just used his car as a deadly weapon. He would have probably been more "successful," considering how crowded university strips are on a Friday evening.

He was obviously a danger to himself and to others. He should have been committed. Mental health deteriorates over time. People don't just snap. His YouTube videos over the past month were a clear sign that he was on a downward spiral. His parents did the right thing by notifying the local PD. It is likely that the local PD just did a piss-poor job in evaluating the situation. The parents not following up on that is another failure. If you care about your family members, then you need to get involved!

I doubt that he would have been, as you say, a "poster child of the NRA's fight against the "Nazi gun confiscators"." Again, if someone is a danger to himself or others then he/she needs help. Gun confiscation is no help. So the NRA's argument would have been: "You are taking away his guns and then let him go? Is he a threat or is he not? If he is, why is he free? If he is not, why do you confiscate his guns?"

Those Nazi gun confiscators don't care much about the privileged class of rich Hollywood people either. They want to take away the guns from those normal people, whose last hope is the NRA.

Meanwhile in Chicago (HeyJackass! | Illustrating Chicago Values):

The Memorial Day weekend marks the official start of summer in Chicago and with summer comes shitloads of shootings, homicides and general mayhem. For whatever reason, holiday weekends tend to be stupider than most, so here’s a look back at previous Memorial Day weekends:

2013: 6 killed
2012: 12 killed
2011: 7 killed
2010: 6 killed
2009: 4 killed

The facts are coming in. This is from the news conference:

- The shooter had 3 prior contacts with LEOs within the past year. The last just within the past month (welfare check). The family was worried about the their son and called the Police to check up on him.
- The shooter legally purchased (and registered) 3 semi-automatic handguns (2 Sig Sauer 9mm and 1 Glock) more than a year ago. All CA-legal.
- The shooter had 34 loaded 10-round Sig Sauer magazines and 7 loaded 10-round Glock magazines.
- 3 victims were stabbed and killed.
- 3 victims were shot and killed.
- A number of victims were shot and wounded.
- At least one victim (cyclist) was hit by the shooters car and wounded.
- The shooter was only opposed by responding LEOs and not by any gun carrying/owning citizen.

I hadn't seen or heard that the shooter had purchased these fire arms legally. OK so he went through back ground checks. All laws followed. The parents of the shooter are concerned of the well being of their child and ask local LEO's to check on him. If your a concerned parent why not check on him your self, just my thought. Where did the kid get the money to buy the guns? 22 years old and drove a BMW, what did he do for work? I saw the statement that the shooters father gave the press where he put the blame on guns, politicians and the NRA. Disgusting, granted I know this is an emotional time for all involved but still disgusting. To the father I say this; sir, my sincere condolences to you and your family and ofcourse to the victims. However the legal and law abiding gun owners, the politicians nor the NRA bought nor pulled the triggers on these firearms, nor did they buy and wield the knife that killed, and nor did they drive the car into people with the intent to kill or mame. Your son did. It pisses me off when comments are made like this and the parents themselves assume NO friggin responsibility. WE THE PEOPLE did not raise their son. Just apologize to the victims and their families and admit your son had a screw loose and shut the hell up.

I hadn't seen or heard that the shooter had purchased these fire arms legally. OK so he went through back ground checks. All laws followed. The parents of the shooter are concerned of the well being of their child and ask local LEO's to check on him. If your a concerned parent why not check on him your self, just my thought. Where did the kid get the money to buy the guns? 22 years old and drove a BMW, what did he do for work? I saw the statement that the shooters father gave the press where he put the blame on guns, politicians and the NRA. Disgusting, granted I know this is an emotional time for all involved but still disgusting. To the father I say this; sir, my sincere condolences to you and your family and ofcourse to the victims. However the legal and law abiding gun owners, the politicians nor the NRA bought nor pulled the triggers on these firearms, nor did they buy and wield the knife that killed, and nor did they drive the car into people with the intent to kill or mame. Your son did. It pisses me off when comments are made like this and the parents themselves assume NO friggin responsibility. WE THE PEOPLE did not raise their son. Just apologize to the victims and their families and admit your son had a screw loose and shut the hell up.

I was kind of woundering about the guns and car also, ok the beemer could have been a junked POS, while the guns could have been used but if bought new, the Sigs, Glock, extra mags and ammo, going by California prices, could well be in the $2000 - $2500 range, where does a 22 year old with some screws loose get that sort of money doing anything even close to legal ???

I don't think you read the story right. One of the victims father called out the NRA. Much of your post doesn't apply. Much of what the father said bummed me out, but his son was murdered just hours before. He can say whatever he wants. I would have wished death on the gene poll of that family.

2bit

Who should get what? The shooter is dead.

Many of the actual details of this incident have not been released yet, such as how the shooter obtained the firearm? Was the firearm CA-legal? Why was no-one in the family monitoring his YouTube channel, given that they apparently knew that he had the tendency to become a danger to himself and others.

This doesn't stop gun control advocates to wave the bloody shirt though. If you can stomach it, go over to the MDA Facebook page. They obviously blame the gun and not the mentally ill shooter.

CNN has already a theme: COLLEGE TOWN 'MASS MURDER' and a commentary panel. One guy on the commentary panel recommended mandatory regular psych evaluation for gun owners. There was also the idea of gun ownership being a privilege and not a right. Thanks to the void of facts, everyone is playing on emotion without having a clue.

FYI: Link Removed

Ah, I see that... the first report I saw didn't say anything about him being dead. I posted w/o reading the OPs link... like an idiot.

Nogods.....

Apparently not tough enough. B/c tougher laws would have prevented this??? Uh, not sure if you know this but, murder is already illegal and he did that. So........

He would have become a poster child of the NRA's fight against the "Nazi gun confiscators". So, he should have had his weapons taken from him without him committing a crime? Hmm, me thinks you're an idiot.

Run back to your hole, nogods... your Liberal infection is harmful to Freemen around the world.

Here's a revelation for everyone.
Johnny is mad. No one understands him. His parents don't know him. Girls don't like him. He has a poor self-image and the school jocks make fun of him. He's a little nutty. He makes citizens arrests over theft of a candle. Johnny would like to kill them all but he can't because he can't have a gun. He's a little nuts and his past prevents him from legally purchasing a gun. But Johnny has a drivers license and an idea. He rents a big SUV at the local Thrifty Car Rental. He parks on campus and waits for classes to get out. At that time there's thousands of innocent kids walking between buildings. He puts the SUV in gear and goes. The next day the media reports 12 dead; run-over by crazy student in SUV. They explore everything about him. Was it the rock music? The violent videos? The rejection? No. Johnny was nuts remember?

Here's a revelation for everyone.
Johnny is mad. No one understands him. His parents don't know him. Girls don't like him. He has a poor self-image and the school jocks make fun of him. He's a little nutty. He makes citizens arrests over theft of a candle. Johnny would like to kill them all but he can't because he can't have a gun. He's a little nuts and his past prevents him from legally purchasing a gun. But Johnny has a drivers license and an idea. He rents a big SUV at the local Thrifty Car Rental. He parks on campus and waits for classes to get out. At that time there's thousands of innocent kids walking between buildings. He puts the SUV in gear and goes. The next day the media reports 12 dead; run-over by crazy student in SUV. They explore everything about him. Was it the rock music? The violent videos? The rejection? No. Johnny was nuts remember?

You got everything but one detail right; no one in media would mention the driver. The reporting would go something like this:

"Yesterday an SUV laid in wait for classes to get out and the SUV began charging and running down students as they walked between buildings. The SUV mowed down dozens of students, faculty and campus visitors, 12 of whom were pronounced dead at the scene. The attack went on for seven minutes before the SUV drove through a guard rail on the sixth level of the main parking structure, nose-diving into the concrete below completely destroying the SUV.

"A University climate-change professor estimated that the SUV pumped more than a ton of excess carbon into the atmosphere during the planning and carrying out of this attack."

The driver of an SUV is always a side-note to any story where someone dies, whether an accidental death or intentional one like you mentioned. And really, it's kind of the same in this story, where the guns are the perps and the perp is just the pathetic, misunderstood victim of affluence in this society.

Blues

Confiscating his guns would not have changed much. He stabbed and killed 3 people, remember. Instead of using his guns to kill 3 more and injure many others, he could have just used his car as a deadly weapon. He would have probably been more "successful," considering how crowded university strips are on a Friday evening.

He was obviously a danger to himself and to others. He should have been committed. Mental health deteriorates over time. People don't just snap. His YouTube videos over the past month were a clear sign that he was on a downward spiral. His parents did the right thing by notifying the local PD. It is likely that the local PD just did a piss-poor job in evaluating the situation. The parents not following up on that is another failure. If you care about your family members, then you need to get involved!

I doubt that he would have been, as you say, a "poster child of the NRA's fight against the "Nazi gun confiscators"." Again, if someone is a danger to himself or others then he/she needs help. Gun confiscation is no help. So the NRA's argument would have been: "You are taking away his guns and then let him go? Is he a threat or is he not? If he is, why is he free? If he is not, why do you confiscate his guns?"

Those Nazi gun confiscators don't care much about the privileged class of rich Hollywood people either. They want to take away the guns from those normal people, whose last hope is the NRA.

Meanwhile in Chicago (HeyJackass! | Illustrating Chicago Values):

Sorry, but I doubt most rationale people buy the argument that we should let someone retain firearms after they have exhibited bizarre behavior because they have killed people in some other way.

Such idiotic thinking is why the anti-gunners will win the day over the guniots in this case.

And yes, if his guns had been confiscated he would not have been able to shoot and kill three people and would several others with those firearms. Speculating that he might have made an atomic bomb or a death laser instead is adolescent.

That is a reality we need to deal with instead of trying to run away from with inane phrases or calling people names.

Nogods.....

Run back to your hole, nogods... your Liberal infection is harmful to Freemen around the world.

stay in the hole you have your head up and it won't be long before every state will impose the maximum allowed restrictions on everyone.

Next time try responding to the issues.

To summarize:

Background checks - FAIL
10 round magazine limits - FAIL
Concern over mental health of would be mass murderer - FAIL
Ability of unarmed populace to defend selves, stop would be mass murderer - FAIL
Blaming the would be mass murderer, rather than the items (that's plural) he used - FAIL

Apparently not tough enough.

I don't think so. He should have been put on a 48 hour hold to have a evaluation. The kids parents are fully cooperating with the police. This is and was preventable. He needed help and asked for it by posting the YouTube video. All the warning in the world and nothing happened. You can't stop all the sick people but when stands up and says I'm sick and need help and we do nothing something is wrong and it's not more gun control. Shame in the cops that did the interview with him.

NRA life member
Ruger Markll 22/45SS
XDs45
Sig 1911 FB
GP100357 SS4"
UCMC 75-79
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads