another mass shooting averted!

Never mind guys. I got it. Seems like this guy had planned on another mass shooting!
Thank god it was stopped or we would be facing another wave of people calling for more gun control!

Still might. There was a statement that an assault weapon was in the room (whatever that means) and a 100 round drum magazine, with the "opinion" interjected on how much damage he COULD have caused with such a dangerous weapon. (Shakes head).

That and he also had several home made explosives "lined with shrapnel", whatever that means.
Trust me, if his plan to commit mass murder had succeeded, we would be in a world of crap on gun control!
I mean even a bigger world of crap than we are in now!

This isn't news worthy and will not help to push the gun grabbing agenda. No emotion to take advantage of. Low information voters need emotional good intentions from our elected representatives otherwise they aren't interested. This doesn't sell papers or increase tv ratings. The left wing free thinkers would tell us we can't say for sure he was planning a mass murder. He was most likely a right wing Tea Party type waiting for a zombie attack. We can't profile or prejudge anyone and he hadn't hurt anyone so no news here, moving on.

No news here? Did you even read the article? The guy had bombs and enough ammo to rack up a large kill score. He pulled the fire alarm to get people out of their rooms so he could execute them.

No news here? What, would you have been "happier" if his plan worked so that it would be more "newsworthy"? Rack up a couple of bodies so we can all watch it on the boob tube and bemoan the call for even MORE gun control?

You have a strange sense as to what might be newsworthy.

No news here? Did you even read the article? The guy had bombs and enough ammo to rack up a large kill score. He pulled the fire alarm to get people out of their rooms so he could execute them.

No news here? What, would you have been "happier" if his plan worked so that it would be more "newsworthy"? Rack up a couple of bodies so we can all watch it on the boob tube and bemoan the call for even MORE gun control?

You have a strange sense as to what might be newsworthy.

You missed the irony in what he wrote. He was writing from a leftist's and/or media-type's perspective.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that MSNBC and some of the other networks will put a spin on this indicating that somehow this is Republican connected, Bush started this, and Wal-Mart is behind it also.

I havent heard what kind of gun it was, must not have been a Bushmaster or that would be the biggest headline in the country.

News just said he had .22 "high capacity magazines" waiting in the mail room on campus. This guy had a mass shooting checklist, brought a .22, and didn't even make it out of his own bedroom. For once one of these punks dies like he lived, a complete failure.

The article stated that;

"He already had a handgun, assault rifle, high capacity magazines, and four homemade bombs he hoped to use on fellow students after pulling the fire alarm and forcing them into the crowded hallways, according to police."

Sounds a bit more threatening than just a .22....

EDIT; I had to edit this information to reflect that I was wrong in my statement above.
The shooter did indeed have a .22 caliber weapon (an MP5) according to the news.
According to the news report, he was also armed with a .45 caliber handgun.

My mistake I should have put the sarcastic icon at the end.

No sweat here. I am having a very off day here and I can't seem to get my thoughts organized before I post.
Can't quite explain why this seems to be my problem today. I am sorry to all for my lack of concentration.

Among other things in the press text; they do not seem to understand the difference between aborted and thwarted. Or possibly avoided due to excessively crazy potential perpetrator.

One also wonders if, considering the proto-perpurtator's circumstances, why no one noticed a mentally disturbed individual. But that is in reality a really tricky determination and likely to be avoided because of the hassle (being ignored, resulting social stigma, being confused with the role of crazy, etc.) it would cause the accuser and the ever popular lawyer driven legal action that would follow such an accusation.

Note the probable effectiveness of an armed roommate.

This guy did exactly what Lanza SHOULD have done. Lost his nerve and offed himself before he did any real damage. Psychopaths take note...please be more like this guy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back