Ankle Holster Secrets?

Bodyguard would work better as lighter and shorter. The best? A J frame

just 'bout the action boss...

I'm kinda partial to the G26/G27 myself. We have both until the wife makes her final decision between the two.

Lol! That's quite a bit bigger than my Shield! Glad you like it, though. I tried a G26, and it definitely didn't suit me. The double stack threw my accuracy off.

Bodyguard would work better as lighter and shorter. The best? A J frame

just 'bout the action boss...

J-frames are cool, and might get one someday, but for this I would want something very flat. :smile:

Of course, I don't have the money for any of them for a few (maybe several) months yet, so it's a moot point.

Each to his/her own, of course, but I can't imagine why anyone wants to carry like that. I had to use one for part of a CC class I took a few years ago, and thought I'd never get rid of the bruises and strap marks. Good luck, but my advice is to find a better way to carry. :)

Yeah, I tried one on at my local gun shop, and after less than 5 minutes, it felt like it was cutting into my ankle, and I was walking around with a ball and chain. I'm sure i had a noticeable limp. I know friends that wear one and swear by them, so I think it just doesn't work for me.

Getting a comfortable ankle rig is tough, and I don't care if it cost $20 or $200 if its not comfortable you wont ware it, and then not only are you out the cost of the holster you may not be armed,.........my wife had a guy here that runs a shoe repair/leather goods shop make here one, left her gun there for a couple days, (I just wish it was something bigger than the TCP) and he made here a nice little holster it has a retention strap that snaps, she use's it about every day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back