Ankle Holster Secrets?

AndeyHall

For those of us who don't have cankles, what is the secret to keeping an ankle holster up without needing a calf strap? And actually, even with a calf strap I have to let the holster rest on the top of my boot to keep it from falling. So if I'm not wearing boots, how do I keep my ankle holster up without cutting the circulation off on my foot.

Oh, and I know that if I put it right on top of my ankle I wouldn't have the problem as much, but I like to wear my ankle holster a little high so that it isn't exposed when I sit down.

Each to his/her own, of course, but I can't imagine why anyone wants to carry like that. I had to use one for part of a CC class I took a few years ago, and thought I'd never get rid of the bruises and strap marks. Good luck, but my advice is to find a better way to carry. :)

Each to his/her own, of course, but I can't imagine why anyone wants to carry like that. I had to use one for part of a CC class I took a few years ago, and thought I'd never get rid of the bruises and strap marks. Good luck, but my advice is to find a better way to carry. :)
I carry either a Glock 22 open or Walther PPS IWB, the ankle is a backup.

Considering one of these for long dresses: Link Removed

Apparently they're pretty awesome and stay put well. I have the lacy thigh holster version, and it feels like it will stay where it should nicely.

I like the quote on the page concerning ankle holsters: "It may not be as fast to access as drawing from a holster on the belt, but it is certainly faster than trying to draw your gun from your safe at home while you are twenty miles away from there."

Oh yeah I saw those a while back and had completely forgotten about them. I think at that time they were primarily for females and had not made the non-lacey ones.

Oh yeah I saw those a while back and had completely forgotten about them. I think at that time they were primarily for females and had not made the non-lacey ones.

Yeah, I think lacy was first, which would probably result in a guy getting heckled constantly if he were discovered wearing that... lol However, found the guy's version: Ankle Soxxx

Just don't tell them what shop you bought it from... :wink:

I've never had a problem with my ankle holster staying put, but I usually wear it as low as possible. The lower it is the less you have to pull your pants up to draw. When I wear it at work, I wear it over my boot. I can't imagine wearing it on top of my boot, it would be half way up my leg and impossible to get to. What kind of holster do you have out of curiosity?

I've never had a problem with my ankle holster staying put, but I usually wear it as low as possible. The lower it is the less you have to pull your pants up to draw. When I wear it at work, I wear it over my boot. I can't imagine wearing it on top of my boot, it would be half way up my leg and impossible to get to. What kind of holster do you have out of curiosity?
Right now I either use an Uncle Mikes or a Remora. I can't wear it over my boot because my boots are thick enough and my pant legs are narrow enough that A) it would be tight as hell and almost impossible to pull up and B) it would be overly obvious I had a gun there. I'd have to wear bell bottoms to make that work. I don't have trouble at all getting my pants leg up enough to get to it though.

Ok, I bit the bullet and got one of Femme Fatale's ankle holsters. My tiny ankle is too small for all of them, so I contacted them and asked if they would still work for me. Yep, now I'm gonna have a custom ankle holster built just for me! I'm very excited. :biggrin:

Yeah, I think lacy was first, which would probably result in a guy getting heckled constantly if he were discovered wearing that... lol However, found the guy's version: Ankle Soxxx

Just don't tell them what shop you bought it from... :wink:
That looks pretty cool, for both me and the wife. And just for the record, their page for the Lace Soxx isn't accessible, so I don't think they sell it anymore.

That looks pretty cool, for both me and the wife. And just for the record, their page for the Lace Soxx isn't accessible, so I don't think they sell it anymore.

I think it's both on the same page for women... at any rate, mine is going to be lacy (though I would have preferred plain - new design that doesn't come plain). So... odd. Maybe try again later?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

I think it's both on the same page for women... at any rate, mine is going to be lacy (though I would have preferred plain - new design that doesn't come plain). So... odd. Maybe try again later?
They're all on the same page. But if you click on the Ankle SoxXx For Her pictures, it takes you to that ordering page. If you click on the Ankle SoxXx For Him pictures, it does the same for those. But you can't click on the Lace SoxXx For Her pictures. There's no link on those to go to. I even tried typing the link in manually. It still takes you to the Ankle SoxXx ordering page. There is no way to order Lace SoxXx.
Femme Fatale Holsters Ankle SoxXx

Rhino if you want to get the lacy version, here you go. Bet you look sexy in em. :)

Lace SoxXx for Her

j/k
My only concern with those would be retention when running with it. Perhaps some velcro straps could be sewn in. Uh oh...looking at holsters originally intended for females and now talking about sewing...my manhood is quickly going out the door! Haha

Rhino if you want to get the lacy version, here you go. Bet you look sexy in em. :)

Lace SoxXx for Her

j/k
That's weird. When you go to femmefataleholsters[dot]com, the lace link doesn't appear. But when you go to the shop[dot]femmefataleholsters[dot]com link you posted, it does appear. But no thanks. I'll stick with the regular men's holster.

Got my brand new, custom Ankle SoxXx today! Only wore it for about an hour, but so far so good. Comfortable enough, and didn't feel like it was going anywhere, even when I ran a bit. Don't think I'll want to be sprinting with it, but I was impressed.

I know, I missed a hook. And the lighting sucks. Too bad. I also noticed my Shield is a bit on the big side for this. I guess that means I need a new, tiny gun. Hmm... Not a huge LCP fan; anyone heard anything about the Beretta Pico yet? Or maybe the S&W Bodyguard? :wink:

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

I'm kinda partial to the G26/G27 myself. We have both until the wife makes her final decision between the two.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back