An open letter to 22lr buyers and seekers

opsspec1991

AN OPEN LETTER TO 22LR BUYERS AND SEEKERS
By: Clark Kent
Hello, This letter is for you Mr. and Mrs. American looking to buy .22LR ammunition. Finally, it’s also for you Mrs. ammo reseller who makes daily trips to all of your area Wal Marts and sporting goods stores looking for 22LR at retail price. You get home and put it immediately for sale on Gunbroker, Armslist or at your local gun show at a 200-300% markup.

As I’m sure most people reading this already know, 22LR ammunition is harder to find at retail price than virgin unicorn blood right now. The popular marksmanship program, Appleseed, even has a revised course of fire now that requires fewer rounds of ammo due to the “22 shortage”.

If you think the ammo companies are making less rimfire ammo right now, you’re mistaken. A quick search of AmmoSeek.com shows dozens of websites with thousands, or even tens of thousands, of rounds in stock.LuckyGunner.com shows the same thing. All of those sites are getting and selling new stock daily.
Read More:
Link Removed

I see this happening all the time. Some loser goes to walmart, they have no limits, and buys up the entire stock in one fell swoop. Ya gotta be a walmart early when they start to unpack the boxes to get the ammo. Makes me wonder if the people scarfing up the 22lr even have a gun that shoots the stuff. Anyhow the walmart pigs take the ammo to the gun show and double or even triple the price on it. My wish is that they end up buying so much and not being able to sell it that they have to feed the brass and lead to their families because they no longer have money for food. Perhaps they will be forced to take a loss selling it in order to not have the family home foreclosed on. One can only hope.

To this end I can simply say to the resellers...kiss my ass. I have plenty of 22lr. If you ever see someone at a gun show in Virginia looking over your 22lr ammo at your table and turning away snickering because no one is buying your junk, it was probably me. I also stick around and tell folks where the nearest retailer is that has it a lot cheaper. Go ahead and pay for your gun show table. I for one am working feverishly to put you guys out of business. If I wanted I could bring my 22lr ammo to the show and undercut your prices so much it would leave you in tears. But you might try to buy it from me to gouge the rest of the folks at the show.

Do not buy 22lr ammo from resllers at the gun show. You are being ripped off badly. Walmart, Gander, Greentop, and Big Bass will have it for a third the price the gun show thieves have it for. When people stop buying their load of BS they will get out of the business and the stocks will return to the stores more abundantly. Send the resellers to the food pantry if they can't swallow 22lr.

Link Removed As I was on my way to get my BMW serviced I seen a line at Academy at 8:15 in the morning. (Edmond OK) I stopped and asked a couple people what the line was for. As I figured when I seen the line, they were there to get 22 ammo. I went back later in the day and what they had was all sold out. The clerk told me it's the same people all the time.

Two of the wal- marts here in Ocala have employees who work in the sporting goods dept. notify their friends when they are about to put out the 22LR ammo and they kick back a few bucks to them

Honestly, there's so many people doing this the limits have no effect. Even with a 2 box limit there usually 30 people waiting in line for 40 boxes. And sure enough it all ends up at the local shows and Facebook pages at a ridiculous markup. People who run around trumpeting capitalism apparently don't know the difference between fair market value and gouging. A 300% is unequivocally gouging but the fear mongers (I'm sorry, "preppers") don't care and they buy it at any cost.

I go to a mom & pop gun store and range. If they have it, it may be a dollar or two more expensive that Walmart, but it's there, and its retail. If you're a regular customer, these kind of businesses will call you when they get something in.

As an example, they had 300rd boxes of Remington yellow jacket for 24.95 (just under 9cents/rd)

Yeh Im not worried about .22LR so much. I am kinda miffed that 9mm / .380 and are almost 40c a round at some places.. or more..just insanity if I do say so myself.

I just don't buy 22 LR if it's too high for my liking. The local gun shops around me occasionally have it at a reasonable price. I will shoot another caliber before I get screwed like that. I guess it's their right to buy it and resell it but it's my right not to buy it from them.

Honestly, there's so many people doing this the limits have no effect. Even with a 2 box limit there usually 30 people waiting in line for 40 boxes. And sure enough it all ends up at the local shows and Facebook pages at a ridiculous markup. People who run around trumpeting capitalism apparently don't know the difference between fair market value and gouging. A 300% is unequivocally gouging but the fear mongers (I'm sorry, "preppers") don't care and they buy it at any cost.

And some people, like you , have NO CLUE what "gouging" is...... sorry charlie, .22lr is NOT a life essential item.......

22LR is definitely recommended as the most effective anti-zombie round. And, umm, yeah I don't know how they came up with that.

My son works at a local gun store where he lives. They know who the people are who just buy to resell. Tell them a lot of times they are out of stock when in fact they are not. Make sure there is some for the regular customers who will actually use it.

Walmart here has had a 3 box limit for a long time. I did score a couple boxes of 22lr a little while back, and got three 100rd boxes of 9mm a couple months ago. They used to have the same hoarder problem of people buying every thing they had when they brought it out to the shelves but the 3 box limit slowed that down. I won't buy anywhere but Walmart of Bass Pro.

Last week my gun club e-mailed members that they had gotten in one million .22 long rifle. Two bricks per customer, first come first served. In a little over a day they sold 500,000. I bought two bricks, and then another two a day or so later. Trying to remember what I paid. I think it was 12 or 13 cents per round. Don't know if this is a reasonable price, but I have 2000 rounds for my grand kids to shoot.

I was in New Hampshire a couple weeks ago and picked up a brick for 30.00. He had plenty

Sent from my SM-N900V using USA Carry mobile app

Two of the wal- marts here in Ocala have employees who work in the sporting goods dept. notify their friends when they are about to put out the 22LR ammo and they kick back a few bucks to them

If you can prove that, and I hope you can, a note to Bentonville or even the store managers will cause those employees to be unemployed very quickly. I don't doubt it's happening. I work for another division of WM and unethical behavior in any WM division is rewarded with unemployment.

And some people, like you , have NO CLUE what "gouging" is...... sorry charlie, .22lr is NOT a life essential item.......

Really? So did you, in your all knowing wisdom, write the definition for price gouging then genius? Just because gouging "life essential" items is the only form that's illegal doesn't mean that jacking up the prices on non life-essentials isn't gouging. Gouging is commonly defined as raising the price of an item or service above fair market value after some form of shock in the supply chain.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back