Americans have obeyed their last gun law

Maybe he should do a video rant like Jim Yeager - then he can tuck his tail behind his legs and apologize for being an idiot:

Maybe he should do a video rant like Jim Yeager - then he can tuck his tail behind his legs and apologize for being an idiot:

I see that you didnt even attempt to actually go and read the article, you only decided by the title that it is something to ignore and poke fun of... Typical idiocy from you.

Regardless of what one thinks about the overall quality of Mr. Smith's arguments, one point which he emphasizes over and over is absolutely true. Gun control is not (and never has been) about safety, civil harmony, or controlling guns. It's about controlling people, by specifically removing a source of power from people. The core of "progressive" ideology is a deeply totalitarian statism, both in terms of what you should be allowed to do and allowed to think. Mr. Smith is absolutely correct in his assertion that the reason they "want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn't do if you still had your weapons."

Regardless of what one thinks about the overall quality of Mr. Smith's arguments, one point which he emphasizes over and over is absolutely true. Gun control is not (and never has been) about safety, civil harmony, or controlling guns. It's about controlling people, by specifically removing a source of power from people. The core of "progressive" ideology is a deeply totalitarian statism, both in terms of what you should be allowed to do and allowed to think. Mr. Smith is absolutely correct in his assertion that the reason they "want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn't do if you still had your weapons."
About that part of your post I put in bold for emphasis...

That is exactly the reason any criminal wants to keep his weapons while taking weapons away from those the criminal seeks to victimize.

Doesn't matter if the criminal is a lowly robber looking for an easy victim or a high government official wanting an easy to control populace... the goal has always been the same.... The disarmed become easier to dominate and control victims because they lack the means to effectively fight back.

I see that you didnt even attempt to actually go and read the article, you only decided by the title that it is something to ignore and poke fun of... Typical idiocy from you.

Actually I did skim through the article. My point is that even an intelligent person like Jim Yeager who should have known better can go off on an idiotic rant over gun control. Smith just goes on and on like a crazy man in his rant. A youtube video would be shorter, waste less time of everyone, and he could use sock puppets to add to the entertainment value of his Kramer-hates-the postal-service like musings.

One part he got right - I will not be giving up my guns no matter what laws are passed. I've spent a lifetime with my middle finger in the air, on my feet, and do not intend to change and drop to my knees at the end of it.

No gun owner in there right mind will ever give up there guns, no matter what laws are passed. My guns make me a citizen of this great country and they also protect my rights as a citizen. With out my guns I am a subject with no say in what the government does. I can tell you this, I AM NOBODYS SUBJECT, government or otherwise.
Ask all of the subjects in the other countries that have lost there gun rights how this is working out for them ?.

This ain’t Australia, this ain’t England, and this ain’t Germany. Gun control in America? Not here, never again, we allowed it to be done with Brady, we ain’t gonna allow it this time. This is America, we are free, we shall remain free, and freedom is dangerous to those who wish to impose tyranny no matter how they package it, no matter how safe they want us to be no matter how many catchphrases and feel good polls are quoted. Abortion has killed more than legal handguns, (All English idioms and misspellings are done did on purpose). I/we do not need a law to allow us to worship freely or carry a gun freely, this is our line in the sand and unlike Obama’s it just aint gonna go away.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back