Am I doing it wrong? Questions from a newbie...

In addition to suggesting that you might want to avoid the ramblings of the internet drama queens, self appointed sheep dogs and so-called “patriots” that tend to pop up on this site fairly frequently, Let me also throw this out.

1.If you have your permit, always carry. Don’t leave your home unarmed unless you are going somewhere you can’t legally have a gun in the car and if you go somewhere you have to leave the gun in the car you should have a good lock box to secure the gun in.

2.This seems to be a mistake that almost everyone makes. Before you go out and blow a bunch of money on cheap holsters that don’t fit your gun go down to your local gunshop and by a quality holster fitted to your gun and designed for concealed carry. Then go home and get on the net and buy a good quality belt (Beltman or Wilderness Tactical) that is designed as a gun belt.

You’ll end up saving money in the long run.

The Kel-Tec he's referring to is called the Sub2000, or Sub2K (it cam out when the Y2K scare was in full swing) I WANT one, simply because it is essentially a folding rifle that shoots pistol caliber rounds. You can get them in 9mm and .40, and the 9mm SUB-2000 can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK17, GLK19, S&W59, BERETTA92, SIG226.

-
They are hard to find right now in stores, but available on different auction sites. The bad thing is that while they retail for $400, which was a BIG part of their appeal, the auction sites usually have them for about twice that.
Link Removed

Thanks, I'm not a Kel tec aficianado and since I can't afford the carbine right now I didn't do a lot of research on it beyond knowing that it existed

The Kel-Tec he's referring to is called the Sub2000, or Sub2K (it cam out when the Y2K scare was in full swing) I WANT one, simply because it is essentially a folding rifle that shoots pistol caliber rounds. You can get them in 9mm and .40, and the 9mm SUB-2000 can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK17, GLK19, S&W59, BERETTA92, SIG226.

-
They are hard to find right now in stores, but available on different auction sites. The bad thing is that while they retail for $400, which was a BIG part of their appeal, the auction sites usually have them for about twice that.
Link Removed

Armslist has several for sale for the time being. Some are around $500, a few @ $650 - $700, and then the dreamers @ $800+. Here's a pretty awesome one with lots of useful customizations and an included hi-cap mag for only $650. If I had any cash hanging around, I'd jump on that one right now.

For those new to buying/selling guns on the interwebs, Armslist was specifically created to facilitate face-to-face, local buys/sales. You eliminate the need for a NICS check (in most states anyway, not positive about all of them) as long as the seller is in the same state as you are. If that's not a concern for you, many sellers on Armslist will ship through FFL just like Gunbroker or Guns America (auction sites) where the majority of sellers are comprised of FFL dealers.

There are at least 20 separate S2K's for sale on Armslist right now, and the majority of them are of the Glock magazine variety. I discovered while looking through some of them that the Glock 17 takes a different standard capacity mag than the 19 or 26, but the high capacity mags fit both versions of mag-wells. Some of those listed come with high-cap mags that will work with your 19 (or 26) even if the rifle was made to fit the 17 mags, it just wouldn't work with your standard-cap mags.

Blues

Thanks, Blues, great site and great selection of Kel-Tec's! My husband is hooked and I can see him planning right now. I bought a 33 round magazine for my Glock (just because I could, no specific reason and no real thought that I would ever really use it, I just was annoyed by the limits of bullets some places have made, you get the picture) and it looks like it might come in handy in the near future on a Kel-Tec! :yes4:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back