aluminum casings

Drzzit

Does anyone on here use ammo with aluminum or other types of metal for the shell casing? Looking at some ammo using aluminum and wanting some feedback on how others like or dislike other than using brass. I am shooting an XDm pistol and have read that they can shoot just about anything. THNX

I have shot them in my Glock many times without issue. They were about $2 cheaper a box so I figured that saving $10 on a trip to the range was worth it. I don't shoot them anymore because I am saving brass for reloading (someday). The aluminum cannot be reloaded from what I understand.

I often shoot aluminum cased ammo because of the cost. Blazer makes some great quality ammo and I haven't had an issue with any caliber I've shot. I don't reload, so I'm not worried about the need to shoot brass only.

Aluminum casings are OK. Some folks have experienced issues with steel cased ammo. The steel is a lot harder than brass and can be rough on some extractors.

Well I just bought some blazer ammo, so when I get a chance to shoot some, I will update here with how it was at the range.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back