ALL "first handguns" should be .22lr

Better ask NavyLCDR that's his woman

says you, right? Since you KNOW EVERYTHING about my situations, right? You obviously don't know crap about conditioned reflexes. I've had to put my ccw'd gun away when a car backfired. The gun gets drawn at any sort of perceived threat, if you've conditioned your mind and body that way, without a thought, then the brain consciously better say whether or not the hammer gets dropped. I've also drawn on dogs several times, twice while I was an MP dog handler in Korea. The only time I have fired was on a dog, and a .22 to the top of his head killed him instantly.

says you, right? Since you KNOW EVERYTHING about my situations, right? You obviously don't know crap about conditioned reflexes. I've had to put my ccw'd gun away when a car backfired. The gun gets drawn at any sort of perceived threat, if you've conditioned your mind and body that way, without a thought, then the brain consciously better say whether or not the hammer gets dropped. I've also drawn on dogs several times, twice while I was an MP dog handler in Korea. The only time I have fired was on a dog, and a .22 to the top of his head killed him instantly.

Any other questions about hotti's good advice? I think they make medicine for PTSD. Hotti is just a crying child on the inside who needs help.... until he gets shot for playing with his gun too much in public. I'll bet you spin it on your finger and blow in the barrel before you re-holster, don't you, hotti! You can tell us...we'll keep your secret...nobody will ever know.

I drew my ccwed pistol on men 4x, so fast that even tho they were mere ft away, they had to stop in their tracks.

HAHA ok was it men or dogs and the evil car? Looks like you confirmed you defiantly fit option 1 although I suspect others as-well.I was in the service (2 tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan) and there is a difference between trained reflexes and just being a coward too quick to pull your weapon. Keep changing your story. Better yet go die troll, i'm bored and done with you.

Any other questions about hotti's good advice? I think they make medicine for PTSD. Hotti is just a crying child on the inside who needs help.... until he gets shot for playing with his gun too much in public. I'll bet you spin it on your finger and blow in the barrel before you re-holster, don't you, hotti! You can tell us...we'll keep your secret...nobody will ever know.

Enough with this troll, please answer the real question. Can I have Boxxy for a little while? For therapeutic reasons of course.

I've had to put my ccw'd gun away when a car backfired. The gun gets drawn at any sort of perceived threat, if you've conditioned your mind and body that way, without a thought

Keywords from your post: Without a thought.
Perhaps that is your problem. You are not thinking. Think first, act second.

Pity is: the topic is good. I do practice daily ( with Bullet trap in my garage)with a .22 revolver(S&W 317)I then practice once a week with my 642 in .38 Spcl at the range. Using a .22 in the same platform as my .38 allows some pretty good skill sets to develop. I don't think it is essential, but it is good practice. See EDC with "Training System " below. Blue gun is for retention practice with my son. (Nothing fancy, just getting clear to fire.)

Link Removed

I decided to purchase a Ruger Mark III Hunter to start my girlfriend off shooting. Just the excuse I needed to buy another gun lol. I think the lack of recoil will allow her to hone her skills without the fear of recoil before stepping up to a bigger caliber

I decided to purchase a Ruger Mark III Hunter to start my girlfriend off shooting. Just the excuse I needed to buy another gun lol. I think the lack of recoil will allow her to hone her skills without the fear of recoil before stepping up to a bigger caliber

Good for you and your girlfriend. You and her will become shooting buddy's and she will learn to control the sighting and squeeze the trigger without recoil covering up any mistakes. You will be able to teach her correctly and transition into a larger caliber weapon without a problem.
Bill

Wow I just read the rest of this thread, You pulled your gun when a car backfired? OMG that is just scary. Perhaps if you were a cop in Chicago I could make since of that. WOW.

I was going to defend your post on .22's a little. as you can see below. you had some good points but you came off 2 aggressive. I suppose now you are getting defensive and really aggressive, but admitting to shooting a dog, and pulling your gun on a car that needs a tune up, is not going to make your point. I was raised on a farm and have put sick/old animals down, I have shot meat, beef as well as game. So I'm not squeamish, but just WOW. I hope to not draw my gun without thinking. Put my hand on it yes, draw no.

Not sure what the negative reaction to this post is? Perhaps its the fact that instead of saying its a good idea it is presented as a MUST DO. I agree that it would be best if we all could take our first handgun shot with a .22 when we were young. But that's not realistic. I also think if you want to learn to shoot getting someone to go to a range with you and renting a .22 for those first 100 rounds or so is also ideal, and cheap.

But not everyone can afford to buy a starter pistol, renting one to get the feel of shooting aiming etc, is a cheap way to go, Then renting several Carry type guns and practicing, We are get it now, no waiting type of animals, so most of us get the wrong gun for us the first time out and end up trading. or having several carry guns. I personally have several .22's but I got my first one when I was a kid. in Illinois, no carry to consider there.

Even tho I had guns all my life my first one I got to carry was so wrong, It was the first gun I ever sold. I hated it so much I sold it. The gun I carry most is my LCP, and I want an LC9 I also want to sell my Taurus PT 145 and get a 1911. I like my 145 but I have some reliability issues with the magazines.

I do agree that having a .22 for target shooting is a good thing, and is cheap to shoot. But when you go to the range you still need to shoot a box through your carry gun. You gotta practice with it. Draw and shoot. My .22 Ruger Mark III is long and draws so much different than my carry gun that drawing it & shooting is more likely to mess up your muscle memory more than teach it anything..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back