Alabama Flag Company Begins Confederate Flag Production In-Store, Over 1,000 Sold on

Oldgrunt

As a knee-jerk reaction to the shootings in South Carolina, stores, apparently nationwide, refused to sell Confederate flags, and an Alabama Flag and Banner company was no longer be able get flags from her supplier. Not to be outdone, the lady and her employees began making and selling the flags with her own equipment and materials. Contrary to the opinion of the politically correct thinkers, the flag is not a symbol of hatred or slavery and will never be suppressed.
Even blacks are not offended by the flag and understand the historical significance of the flag and the brave men who fought under it. The flag is more a remembrance of them than anything sinister.

After the manufacturer decided to no longer supply Confederate flags to her business, Alabama Flag and Banner owner Belinda Kennedy decided to take matters into her own hands.

Starting early Friday morning, Belinda and the employees at Alabama Flag and Banner began producing Confederate flags in-store using their own materials and equipment.

And just as soon as they hit the machines, the orders came pouring in.

"I feel like my responsibility to my customers is to fulfill their needs when they want it, and I had customers wanting it and I wasn't going to turn them away as I felt like I had been turned away," Kennedy said.

Sales for the Confederate flag spiked for her business on Tuesday, the owner said, as the flag faced new controversy after a man confessed to killing nine people in a Charleston, S.C. church last week. The shooter, Dylann Roof, appeared on a white supremacist website holding a Confederate flag.

Although the flag is perceived by some as a symbol of hate following the church shooting, Alabama Flag and Banner will continue to sell it to their customers.

As of 3:45 p.m. on Friday, the business reported over 1,000 sales, with orders continuously rolling in, both online and in-store.

"It's simply a historic flag," Kennedy commented. "It's not hate, it's history...and the people that are making it a racial issue are pushing an agenda."

Alabama flag company begins Confederate flag production in-store, over 1,000 sold on first day | AL.com

Alabama Flag and Banner
2720 Governors Drive
Huntsville, Alabama 35805

Wow, I know that woman. Alabama Flag and Banner's building is right around the corner from the armored car service I worked for for five years, and I was on the truck that picked up their receipts twice a week for the first couple or so years.

I did notice in the video that her work-force is still made up of (probable) illegal aliens, which are mostly women who are wives and grown children of the alien construction workers who flocked to N. Bama during the BRAC (Base Realignment And Closure program) housing boom over the last 10 or so years. Maybe you know Oldgrunt, but is Fort Rucker a receiving-point for BRAC transferees like Redstone Arsenal is in Huntsville, or is Rucker on the chopping-block? Having never looked for housing in town down here, I don't really have a feel for how many subdivisions are newer or older, and I don't really see many Hispanics working around town when I do go, so I'm guessing if Rucker is a BRAC receiver it hasn't generated much housing boom in Dothan. Huntsville and all of the towns and counties in commuting distance had, and still has actually, a huge boom in new construction due almost entirely to BRAC, and that boom brought thousands of illegals into the area starting somewhere around 2000 - 2002 I guess. Anyway, Ms. Kennedy is a perfectly nice woman, but there are very likely a bunch of people holding their noses while ordering flags from her if they watch that video and realize she's employing illegals. I may well hold my nose here in a little bit too......

Blues

If a bad guy does terrible things, he must be held accountable.

The libs say the flag must go!

If a few different guys do terrible things, they must be held accountable. (Registered Democrats)

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

I'm sure there are companies making and selling other symbols of racism and white supremacy like Nazi stuff as well. The fact that someone will make it and someone will buy it doesn't change the meaning of the symbol. It is and always has been nothing but a symbol of the traitors to this country whose main complaint in their manifestos was that the northern states were interfering with slavery and trying to eradicate slavery in the southern states.

Thankfully our country was able to beat back the traitors in 1865 and stop their ideological cousins in 1945.

But alas, freedom of speech means we have to tolerate their racists nonsense. But it does not mean that private companies have to make or sell their racists nonsense.

However, I'll admit there is a non-racial symbolic aspect to the traitors flag - it has come to be known as a symbol of inbred ignorance. Sometimes it tough to tell whether one who exhibited the traitors flag is proclaiming 'I'm a traitor and a racists" or just stating "I'm an ignorant inbred". Either way, it ain't a good look.

Confederate Flag Etiquette and Disposal

yalost.jpg

I'm sure there are companies making and selling other symbols of racism and white supremacy like Nazi stuff as well. The fact that someone will make it and someone will buy it doesn't change the meaning of the symbol. It is and always has been nothing but a symbol of the traitors to this country whose main complaint in their manifestos was that the northern states were interfering with slavery and trying to eradicate slavery in the southern states.

Thankfully our country was able to beat back the traitors in 1865 and stop their ideological cousins in 1945.

But alas, freedom of speech means we have to tolerate their racists nonsense. But it does not mean that private companies have to make or sell their racists nonsense.

However, I'll admit there is a non-racial symbolic aspect to the traitors flag - it has come to be known as a symbol of inbred ignorance. Sometimes it tough to tell whether one who exhibited the traitors flag is proclaiming 'I'm a traitor and a racists" or just stating "I'm an ignorant inbred". Either way, it ain't a good look.

Your penchant for revisionist history is disgusting at best, willful at worst, and outright lies in either case.

There was not one single law before, during or until four years after the War of Northern Aggression that forbade secession (Texas v. White - 1869). Even the unconstitutional "Emancipation Proclamation" only applied to the Confederate States, and completely left alone Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland and Delaware where slavery was still legal and in use at that time. Unequal application of the law is only one among many signs that the Union was more than willing to use "freedom" for slaves as a cudgel to defeat the South, but couldn't care any less about said "freedom" than for that one specific use. One cannot be a traitor to a set of laws that don't specify the traitorous acts they're ostensibly committing. Southern states entered into the Union voluntarily, and there were no laws preventing them from leaving the Union the same way. Fail.

At the federal level, slavery was legal throughout the entire War of Northern Aggression. The Union's "manifesto" was still the Constitution, just as it had been regarding slavery from the very beginning for the entire country. Keeping slavery intact was as much a political and economic tool of the North as it was an abomination and exploitation of human beings by about 4.8% of the richest plantation owners of the South. Slave-owners equaled around 1.5% of the overall population of the country, which, according to Lincoln, would've been perfectly legal for the non-slave-states to re-institute the practice any time they wished. The rest of the South was populated not by inbreds, but by farmers and loyalists to their homeland that the Union was intent on treating much differently than their Northern countrymen, so they did the same thing that the signers of the Declaration of Independence did only about 85 years before - they seceded from tyrannical bonds they found themselves inextricably-by-any-other-means connected to. Fail.

Lincoln proved over and over again that he was indifferent to slavery to any extent beyond that which would help him win the war, the most glaring of which would probably be his fourth debate with Douglas where he opened (in part) with:

...I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]-that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

If you believe that slavery, enshrined in the Confederacy's founding documents, to be such an assault on the reputations, intelligence and loyalty to a worthy cause of her beleaguered people as to invalidate their efforts as nothing more than "insurrectionists," then perhaps you will be intellectually honest (for once) and give the same criticism to the Founders of the Union whose creation you made a pretty decent career off of from what I understand. Both the Union itself, and some states within it practiced slavery all throughout the War of Northern Aggression, led by one of the most under-reported, yet most virulent, racists in American history.

You are ate up with FAIL, and you're a know-nothing leftist hack when it comes to scrutinizing history, or people of a region against which you are an unmitigated and unapologetic bigot.

Blues

Your penchant for revisionist history is disgusting at best, willful at worst, and outright lies in either case.

There was not one single law before, during or until four years after the War of Northern Aggression that forbade secession (Texas v. White - 1869). Even the unconstitutional "Emancipation Proclamation" only applied to the Confederate States, and completely left alone Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland and Delaware where slavery was still legal and in use at that time. Unequal application of the law is only one among many signs that the Union was more than willing to use "freedom" for slaves as a cudgel to defeat the South, but couldn't care any less about said "freedom" than for that one specific use. One cannot be a traitor to a set of laws that don't specify the traitorous acts they're ostensibly committing. Southern states entered into the Union voluntarily, and there were no laws preventing them from leaving the Union the same way. Fail.

At the federal level, slavery was legal throughout the entire War of Northern Aggression. The Union's "manifesto" was still the Constitution, just as it had been regarding slavery from the very beginning for the entire country. Keeping slavery intact was as much a political and economic tool of the North as it was an abomination and exploitation of human beings by about 4.8% of the richest plantation owners of the South. Slave-owners equaled around 1.5% of the overall population of the country, which, according to Lincoln, would've been perfectly legal for the non-slave-states to re-institute the practice any time they wished. The rest of the South was populated not by inbreds, but by farmers and loyalists to their homeland that the Union was intent on treating much differently than their Northern countrymen, so they did the same thing that the signers of the Declaration of Independence did only about 85 years before - they seceded from tyrannical bonds they found themselves inextricably-by-any-other-means connected to. Fail.

Lincoln proved over and over again that he was indifferent to slavery to any extent beyond that which would help him win the war, the most glaring of which would probably be his fourth debate with Douglas where he opened (in part) with:

If you believe that slavery, enshrined in the Confederacy's founding documents, to be such an assault on the reputations, intelligence and loyalty to a worthy cause of her beleaguered people as to invalidate their efforts as nothing more than "insurrectionists," then perhaps you will be intellectually honest (for once) and give the same criticism to the Founders of the Union whose creation you made a pretty decent career off of from what I understand. Both the Union itself, and some states within it practiced slavery all throughout the War of Northern Aggression, led by one of the most under-reported, yet most virulent, racists in American history.

You are ate up with FAIL, and you're a know-nothing leftist hack when it comes to scrutinizing history, or people of a region against which you are an unmitigated and unapologetic bigot.

Blues

Now that is some big time BS.

The traitors manifesto had nothing to do with states rights. They wanted the federal government to enforce slavery laws. Period.

Racist to the core. Ignorant to today. Nothing has changed with regard to the waivers of the traitors' flag.

file.php

Confederate Flag Etiquette and Disposal

yalost.jpg

Link Removed

nogods: Your comment above indicates to me that you do not have a real grip on history and your theories are from your hinder regions. Just to fill in your lack of knowledge of the causes of the war, I would strongly suggest you study before making comments about something you are not familiar with. In the issue of slavery, very few people in the south owned slaves. There are some who did and, as principally an agrarian society, they were used in raising crops. Slavery, in itself, was a horrible thing and something that should have never happened. Yet, in that era of history, it was acceptable and promoted by other blacks from Africa. That was only a small part of the reasons for the war. States rights, taxation and several other issues resulted in southern states leaving the Union. We can all, today, agree that that was the wrong road to take but it was, and we have progressed from there. The Confederate Flag is something that brings to remembrance the soldiers of the Confederacy who fought and died for their beliefs. History determines how one feels about it but, to those of us from the south, it brings back memories of lost family members. Regardless of how one views the politics of the war, the average southerner only saw their rights being infringed by the federal government. Their reactions may be likened to the reaction to the government in the BLM standoff in Nevada against a lone rancher. You noticed that several people joined the rancher in an armed standoff against what they considered over-reach by the government and that is very similar to how southerners felt and why they fought.

I don't know where you folks up north come up with your ideas about the south but you aren't even close to our modern day society. Stereotypical comments and ideas show your lack of knowledge of how the reality of the south is totally opposite of your views so, in the interest of not showing your total ignorance, do a little homework before you comment. By the way, thought you might like these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hPo6mYnks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40XFfSp8sa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF-QIJyLhKQ

nogods: Your comment above indicates to me that you do not have a real grip on history and your theories are from your hinder regions.

Your post indicates that you want to ignore the historical documents - read the “Declarations of Causes" - they were all about slavery and nothing else. Of course, the authors of those documents could have no good lying scoundrels not worthy of belief. Is that why you don't want to believe what they wrote?

Link Removed

Now that is some big time BS.

The traitors manifesto had nothing to do with states rights. They wanted the federal government to enforce slavery laws. Period.

Federal government exempted four loyalist slave states from the Emancipation Proclamation! Period! It was nothing but a tool and furtherance of Lincoln's economic war against the South that had been going on since before he was ever elected, written and proclaimed by one of the biggest racists alive at the time. I proved it with actual quotes of the first President to proclaim powers not articulated in the Constitution.

You are not only ate up with FAIL, you revel in it!

Racist to the core. Ignorant to today. Nothing has changed with regard to the waivers of the traitors' flag.

If that's true at all, which my 23 years of experience living down here doesn't validate, but if it is true, no racists down here come anywhere near the unapologetic bigotry your last two posts convey about 99.9% of the rest of us who have only decried the hit to liberty that banning the flag from freakin' war memorials accomplishes. It doesn't save one freakin' person of color from the hatred that an infinitesimally small percentage of all Americans allow to enter their hearts, whether they live North or South of the Mason/Dixon Line. To the extent that racism is a problem in the US, it is everywhere, including up there where black immigrants are raped by cops with freakin' toilet plunger handles fer cryin' out loud!

Eehhh....what's the point. Your bigotry and hatred is so deeply-embedded that even the KKK members who hide in the shadows down here would admire if only for its sublime purity. You should stay up there in your Ivory Towers where you never have to face the realities of the places and people you malign based on revisionist history that apparently comes out of your own mind. You wouldn't last a minute down here with your character assassinations spewing about wildly with nothing but bigotry as your foundation. The American Flag during the War of Northern Aggression was every bit as much flying in the name of slavery as was the Confederate Battle Flag. History bears that out.

Blues

I'll admit that not everyone who sees a traitor loser waving the confederate flag thinks of racism.

Link Removed

The last Union state to abolish slavery was New Jersey, should w ban their flag too? The Confederate flag does not hold a strong meaning to me except as an significant symbol from the nation's history. Banning it, restricting it to museums, removing it from NPS sites commemorating the battles of the Civil War, is just one more attempt to remove the culture of America. Like it or not that flag is a part of our history, and history has warts sometimes.

By your tone nogods, I think you have some issues with history in general and the South in particular. No need to thank me for pointing that out to you, I really don't care that much.

The last Union state to abolish slavery was New Jersey, should w ban their flag too? The Confederate flag does not hold a strong meaning to me except as an significant symbol from the nation's history. Banning it, restricting it to museums, removing it from NPS sites commemorating the battles of the Civil War, is just one more attempt to remove the culture of America. Like it or not that flag is a part of our history, and history has warts sometimes.

By your tone nogods, I think you have some issues with history in general and the South in particular. No need to thank me for pointing that out to you, I really don't care that much.

The confederate flag is part of our history. just as the Nazi flag is part of our history - the history of the wars we fought against the racists. We don't need to ban either as part of history. But we need to recognize is those who would waive those symbols of racism, genocide, and oppression either agree with the racism, genocide, and oppression that they represent or are ignorant of what those symbols represent.

Where is all this tolerance of others you left wingers love to throw in the face of conservatives? The Confederate Battle flag stands for States rights, of which slavery was part of. You do realize a number of blacks fought for the Confederates or is this part of history scrubbed in favor of progressive liberal agendas? You left out the Japanese flag, why didn't you trash that flag. They slaughtered a large number of innocents as well as Nazi Germany and Communist Russia. Selective history, politics is great. :sarcastic:

The thing about history is that it is his story or somebodies story told by them in to show good light on there story. This black guy would defend your right to fly the confederate flag because I want nothing said if I chose to fly the flag of the ANC (Red-Black-Green) but, lets not rewrite history. It was about states right, the economy of cotton and enslaving a group of people. I say fly your flag just to let me know who and what kind of person that I am dealing with.

Where is all this tolerance of others you left wingers love to throw in the face of conservatives? The Confederate Battle flag stands for States rights, of which slavery was part of. You do realize a number of blacks fought for the Confederates or is this part of history scrubbed in favor of progressive liberal agendas? You left out the Japanese flag, why didn't you trash that flag. They slaughtered a large number of innocents as well as Nazi Germany and Communist Russia. Selective history, politics is great. :sarcastic:

No, it does not stand for state rights. In fact, it is just the opposite. The confederate states complained in their manifestos that the federal government was not imposing the inter-state slavery provisions and the non-slave states were using their individual states rights to bring slavery to an end. The confederates didn't want states rights, they wanted the federal government to force the non-slave states to honor the federal compacts on slavery.

Trying to claim otherwise is dishonest. But then again, that is exactly what the Confederate flag represents - dishonesty.

No, it does not stand for state rights. In fact, it is just the opposite. The confederate states complained in their manifestos that the federal government was not imposing the inter-state slavery provisions and the non-slave states were using their individual states rights to bring slavery to an end. The confederates didn't want states rights, they wanted the federal government to force the non-slave states to honor the federal compacts on slavery.

Trying to claim otherwise is dishonest. But then again, that is exactly what the Confederate flag represents - dishonesty.

nogods: Your ignorance of the South's antebellum days, the War period, use of Black troops by the Confederacy, and post-war period shows that you are being completely dishonest in all your claims. Your ignorance has already been exposed but, do the rest of us a favor, at least give some verifiable references to your BS claims. First, look into how many Black troops fought for the Confederacy, their units and battle honors. They were soldiers and fought well and hard. Also, look into why the Union Army and Lincoln did not want Blacks serving. They had the prejudices you claim of the South also. At first the Confederacy was afraid to make soldiers of them because they were afraid of them having an uprising once armed. When the war first started, escaped Blacks were returned to their owners by Union troops. So much for their care about slavery. With their incursion into the South, their women were raped and mistreated by the northerners and they fared worse than under the old slave masters. The average southerner knew very little about the slave issue or states rights for that matter. You are grossly attempting to rewrite history and give neither the South, the North or Black troops, of either side, their due credit. Leadsender, obviously from his writing, is a black man who expressed himself very well without the diatribe you use. His take on those who fly the Confederate flag has probably been developed from listening to his forefathers and events happening to them but he, at least, is honest and man enough to lay his feelings out in the open with less venom. Not knowing him personally, I would still call him more of a man than you and be proud to shake his hand. Here are a couple of tidbits you might find informative and some pictures:

The Forgotten Black Confederate Soldier

Did Black Confederates Serve in Combat?

Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed

Another fail. "Hey, the civil war wasn't about slavery. Hell, we even had slaves fighting for us, and raising crops for us, and making clothing for us, and pretty much doing for us whatever we told them to do because theywere damn slaves!"

When the confederate states seceded they wrote manifestos explaining the reason for their act. Every one of them said it was because the federal government wasn't enforcing the federal compacts on slavery and the norther states were using "states rights" to ignore the slavery compacts.

No amount of BS is going to change history no matter how hard you try.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

Mississippi

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth… These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.

Texas

The servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations.

South Carolina

Those [Union] States have assumed the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States.

Georgia

That reason was [the North's] fixed purpose to limit, restrain, and finally abolish slavery in the States where it exists. The South with great unanimity declared her purpose to resist the principle of prohibition to the last extremity.

BTW - read the Texas declaration again. They are spewing the same BS today only now it is gay people instead of black people.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back