Advice for inexpensive 3-gun rifle

scottbland247

Checked out a 3gun competition the other day and think it would be a fun way to practice some reasonably practical skills (that and the idpa club seem the most practical to me). The issue is I'm on a much lower budget than most. I have a glock26 for concealed carry that would serve as my pistol and a basic mossberg 500 for shotgun but no rifle yet. I'm not expecting to be world class competitive, just need an inexpensive gun that will function and am wondering what some of you with more experience might have seen running...........before anyone mentions it, yes there are better 3-guns than a glock26 and a mossberg 500 but on my budget that's all I'll have in those categories for awhile ;)

I'll look more into the ptr but from their website I'm looking for something a little less expensive...but as some of the other folk online might be in that price range thanks for the suggestion

If you want a pistol caliber carbine you might try the kel-tec Sub-2000, which can be configured to take Glock 9mm magazines.
Hi-Point also makes a 9mm carbine, very inexpensive and gets good reviews. I have the carbine in 40 S&W and love it.

If you want a pistol caliber carbine you might try the kel-tec Sub-2000, which can be configured to take Glock 9mm magazines.

I have used my .40 sub 2000 several times in a match. I love it!! The only problem (not really a fault of the gun) I have encountered is the longer range targets. Some are at 200 yards. That's a lot of ground to cover for a pistol cartridge. It usually takes me a couple of rounds to get one on target but it can be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back