Advice about Keltec PF9 chambered in 9mm

DHinNC

Hello fellow Patriots,

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the Keltec PF9 chambered in 9mm? What do you like about this weapon? What do you dislike about it?

In your experience, is this weapon "picky" about what kind of ammo you feed it?

I appreciate the feedback, I just bought one by chance due to the price and condition, but haven't had a chance to go to the range yet and try it out. I'm very interested if anybody out there has some experiences to share for this particular pistol.

Thanks!

All PF9s are chambered in 9mm. Hence the "9".

I have one and it's a good, inexpensive, concealable gun. No problems with ammo. Just remember....it's a $300 pistol, not a $1000 HK or Sig, etc.

I've been running one as my EDC for the past year or so. Purchased it about a year before that, just slacked on getting my CHL. The only issue I've ever had was the original magazine followers were faulty. The notch to activate the slide lock was not cut correctly, so it caused the mag to stick when it was empty (they have since resolved this problem). Keltec immediately sent out replacements, 100% reliable since then. Nice little gun for the price, super easy to conceal in your pocket or in a little holster (I use an Uncle Mike's size 0 IWB for it). No issues with any ammo, +P, regular, FMJ, JHP...it eats what I feed it.

Trigger takes some getting used to as I have been shooting rifles most of my life and my main pistol I use is a Kimber Custom II :D Kinda tough to beat a trigger like that on a pistol.

It's definitely not a pistol you want to take to the range and put boxes and boxes of ammo through, it can beat up your hand for sure. But for its intended purpose, good stuff!

This is my carry weapon and has been for the last year or so. Have never had any problems with it. Not even a misfire after hundreds of rounds of ammo. Nice for the price. I do agree that it does beat up your hand if you shoot a lot at the range. I have recently acquired a Kimber Custom II and may start using that as my carry weapon. It is a lot larger though.

Had one, never had a malfunction.... snappy in the hands though (hurts to shoot more than a couple mags full) I carried it as a backup and was confident it would go bang when needed, But.. it was one of the most inaccurate firearms I have ever had.... not consistent at all... Would hit 6 to 8 inches off point of aim in a random direction every shot at 10 yards... I am not some "great" shot, but I know it was the pf9 and not me...... (I can hit a golf ball 3 out of 5 times at 10 yards with a 357 snubby)

Sold it to a friend (yes I told him I couldnt hit squat with it)

Bought one for my wife maybe 2 1/2 years ago or so. She hated the trigger so much that she just wouldn't carry it, so I started incorporating it into my rotation. I hate the trigger too, but I'm more adaptable than my wife was with it, so it really isn't a big deal to me. It only weighs 17 oz. (empty), which is a double-edged sword. Great for comfort and versatility in ways to carry it, but like others said, it'll beat your hand up pretty good because there's no mass to absorb the energy.

We went shooting at a friend's property over the weekend and my friend and I both shot the PF9 probably 40 or 50 rounds each. He was using his own ball ammo, and I only had JHP with me, and there were no hiccups for either of us. It's one of those guns that truly gets you the most bang for your buck. I've had a Kel-Tec SU16 rifle for at least eight years and have put thousands of rounds downrange with it with no problems at all. That said, I've been a member of the Kel-Tec Owners Group (Link Removed) forums since they opened, and there have been some reports of lemons from time to time. Though I've never had occasion to need it, I've heard from those folks that Kel-Tec's customer service is very good if you ever do need 'em.

Blues

I carry one in a Galco pocket holster every day. About once a week, for the last two years, I'll draw it and send half a magazine full of Speer Gold Dots into a silhouette target. Never a jam or failure to fire and the holes appear right where they should on the target. It is a long double action trigger pull but if you can shoot a .357 mag snub nose, double action revolver accurately, this gun is a piece of cake.

Thanks to all that replied. It sounds like this will be a good deep concealment option for me.

I appreciate the feedback. Stay safe, locked, and loaded.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back