Adventures in Hoplophobia

The SNB just committed another act of arson, this time it wasn't an unoccupied business. It was an occupied dwelling. I don't think me piling on a claim for a new windshield is going to do much or go anywhere. Honestly, through this whole excruciating year (My mom died about 7.5 months ago), the only thing I've wanted was for the SNB to just go the f*&% away. Just stop acting out against me and be somewhere else.

I think I just got my wish. I don't bank on ever laying eyes on the SNB ever again.

I'm satisfied.

my condolences to you and family for your moms passing
and best wishes with the fire starter how old is he

I dunno. I think about 12-14.

I think I may have misspoke in my Flickr annotations. I think only the two units on the south side, nearest my home, were condemned. I think the two units on the north side are still occupied. Not entirely sure. Will have to see what the dawn brings. Still, is it too early to make an offer to the landlord to buy the property if he razes that building to the ground for me?

remember when buying realestate
location location location
try to find a better neighborhood, is my advice

If I buy this decrepit, falling apart, and now burned, structure, raze it to the ground, and resod that parcel to fence it in for my own home's use, I will have gone a LONG way toward MAKING my neighborhood a better neighborhood.

If I buy this decrepit, falling apart, and now burned, structure, raze it to the ground, and resod that parcel to fence it in for my own home's use, I will have gone a LONG way toward MAKING my neighborhood a better neighborhood.

You will have but I would rather see you move to a safer less aggravating place! Leave it to the Democratic politicians running your area. Why Democratic politicians>>>> because they are the ones controlling blighted areas like yours. No offense.

The Democrat Machine in this burned out burgh is losing its grip. We recently re-elected the first Republican mayor this town has had in my lifetime and there are good things happening.

And the loss of proximity to the SNB will already have gone a long way toward making this a "safer, less aggravating place" to live.

And I've never had much respect for those refugees (on any scale) that just picked up and moved on because some evil P.O.S. was making their home a living Hell. My opinion is that it's much better for everyone if we stand our ground and fight against those who would subjugate and intimidate us. To cut and run is to just abandon everyone else who can't pick up and flee to the fate you are avoiding. That's just not honorable in my estimation.

Of course, this attitude is highly situational. If your option is bow down to the totalitarian regime or get a bullet to the head with no meaningful avenues at hand to put a bullet in the tyrants' heads, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

remember when buying realestate location location location try to find a better neighborhood, is my advice
Or do like so many of us do and buy a place with no neighborhood! I own all the land around my home and I can shoot from any side of my home without hitting anybody else land or the closest neighbor hearing they live quite a way down the road.

The Democrat Machine in this burned out burgh is losing its grip. We recently re-elected the first Republican mayor this town has had in my lifetime and there are good things happening.

And the loss of proximity to the SNB will already have gone a long way toward making this a "safer, less aggravating place" to live.

And I've never had much respect for those refugees (on any scale) that just picked up and moved on because some evil P.O.S. was making their home a living Hell. My opinion is that it's much better for everyone if we stand our ground and fight against those who would subjugate and intimidate us. To cut and run is to just abandon everyone else who can't pick up and flee to the fate you are avoiding. That's just not honorable in my estimation.

Of course, this attitude is highly situational. If your option is bow down to the totalitarian regime or get a bullet to the head with no meaningful avenues at hand to put a bullet in the tyrants' heads, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

I just wanted you to be safe! However I do agree with you and respect your stand. You are not only correct you are one T 'ol B and no doubt you know what I respectfully mean

Indeed, I do catch your drift, CapGun.

Bit more info, the SNB has, indeed, been arrested. He spent a night in juvie before being transported to a juvenile detention facility about 50 miles away. A child found two disposable lighters he'd used to set the fires. He'd stolen a gas can another apartment dweller kept under her front stoop for her mobility scooter and used that gas to try to set fire to the front of the apartment block and another single-family dwelling across the street. They found burned bits of newspaper where he had made the attempts and the obvious presence of accelerant. I went to the dollar store I'd heard the rumors that he'd burned to the ground two years ago to talk to the manager. He confirmed that it was arson by two young males, but had no other details. The SNB'd spent 18 months in juvie for that and had only gotten out about 8 months ago. I guess that is why I'd never had any problems with him before that.

The fact that he was high on marijuana or K2 and was on a full-on arson kick makes me nauseated. He could just as easily have attempted to burn down MY home. He's already shown no compunction against throwing rocks and eggs at it. I think it goes without saying that if I'd caught him in the act of attempting to set my house on fire, I'd have had no truck with perforating him. Under Indiana law, I have the right to use reasonable force, including deadly force, to protect my dwelling or curtilage. Being that in any trial, his previous firebug proclivities would have come in, and the investigators would have collected the evidence of the attempted arson just as they did in this case, I can see no path that would lead me to a conviction for doing so.

And what I said about his mother in that news clip stands. Pity her. She is just as much a waste of a human being as he is. She gave him free range to run wild. She does drugs herself. The landlord has vowed to never rent to them ever again, so even if the building is repairable, they won't be moving back in. Being that he has now set fire to an occupied dwelling, I don't expect to see him again in life, nor do I expect him to breathe free air until the age of 21. He's 13 now. Obviously, the year and a half he's already spent in juvie did him no good.

I will always remember her yelling at me from the first post in this thread, "What did my son do to make you threaten him with a gun?" and "What gives her the right to have a gun?" Of course, I did NOT threaten him with my personal protection sidearm in any fashion, but if I'd caught him in the act like this, I just might have had to.

Just remember... when the Zombie attacks begin, you need a clear line of view 360 around your fortress. Better be prepared to knock down that house next door. It is an obstruction! :crazy_pilot:
According to an upstairs resident, her laundry room floor is now "spongy". I think that augurs for deeper structural compromise. I just might be knocking that house down.

I'm a little tardy with this update, but it should be the last one in this saga.

Link Removed

His name is Nathaniel Johnson, and that is the last time I will think upon him or his name.

CathyInBlue:

I love the long stories and your ability to tell them is quite appreciated. I think I've found my Grady replacement.

Good eye. Every time Arthur has a crazy expression I save it in case I ever decide to change from "sage/wax eloquent" to, well, wacky.

Sheldon rocks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back