CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Added one to my collection

One Saturday last year, I started to doze in my 20' ladderstand, just before 6AM. I closed my eyes for a second and was just listening...

And then that pack of dogs ran through following the firebreak that ran along one side of the clearing, crossing right underneath me. I stayed awake the rest of the morning, but the deer never came in, just sniffed that dog scent and stayed behind the creekside brush.

I used to have the same problem, but what I do now is take my iPod Nano with me. I'll wear the ear buds under my Peltor Tactical 6S ear muffs. The Peltors amplify the sounds, and I've actually busted a hunting buddy who used to gripe about me making too much noise. :biggrin: Cool thing is that the Peltors contain the noise from my iPod, so the deer (or other game) can't hear. I think I'm the only one that actually stays awake the whole time while in the tree stands. :wink: I did drop my iPod on the last hunt when I missed putting it in the pocket of my hunting vest. Good news is that I did manage to drop the deer that popped out of the high brush around 20 feet in front of me. :thank_you2:

gf

GF, throwing electronic equipment in the brush to flush game is frowned upon. But, good job in "harvesting" that deer anyway. :wink:

Next thing we know, GF will carry a flute, play the Pied Piper... and all the critters will follow him out of the forest...and into our freezers... :lol: j/k

Email