Added one to my collection

I think I mostly did the latter.

I'm not really into fishing either, but at least with that, you can shoot the bull. People demand that you be quiet when hunting though, so there I am...sitting...very quiet...nothing to do...zzzzzz. :shout: Kinda drives one crazy after a while.

One Saturday last year, I started to doze in my 20' ladderstand, just before 6AM. I closed my eyes for a second and was just listening...

And then that pack of dogs ran through following the firebreak that ran along one side of the clearing, crossing right underneath me. I stayed awake the rest of the morning, but the deer never came in, just sniffed that dog scent and stayed behind the creekside brush. :mad:

I think I mostly did the latter.

I'm not really into fishing either, but at least with that, you can shoot the bull. People demand that you be quiet when hunting though, so there I am...sitting...very quiet...nothing to do...zzzzzz. :shout: Kinda drives one crazy after a while.

I used to have the same problem, but what I do now is take my iPod Nano with me. I'll wear the ear buds under my Peltor Tactical 6S ear muffs. The Peltors amplify the sounds, and I've actually busted a hunting buddy who used to gripe about me making too much noise. :biggrin: Cool thing is that the Peltors contain the noise from my iPod, so the deer (or other game) can't hear. I think I'm the only one that actually stays awake the whole time while in the tree stands. :wink: I did drop my iPod on the last hunt when I missed putting it in the pocket of my hunting vest. Good news is that I did manage to drop the deer that popped out of the high brush around 20 feet in front of me. :thank_you2:

gf

GF, throwing electronic equipment in the brush to flush game is frowned upon. But, good job in "harvesting" that deer anyway. :wink:

Next thing we know, GF will carry a flute, play the Pied Piper... and all the critters will follow him out of the forest...and into our freezers... :lol: j/k

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back