*** Action Alert - H. 3292 ***

hp-hobo

February 9, 2011

H. 3292 - if amended as GrassRoots proposes - could be the most important pro gun bill this legislative session!

H. 3292 could - if properly amended - resolve many gun rights issues in just one bill.

Gun owners can - and should - push hard to get H. 3292 amended, and then enacted into law. Why fight many small wars when we could - and can - get it all with one big war.

After you read the GrassRoots analysis of H. 3292, you will understand just how important H. 3292 is to you, if it is properly amended.

Click here (http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislative/H3292_analysis.pdf) to read the "GrassRoots GunRights Analysis of H. 3292 with Proposed Amendments" posted on our website. Yes, it is long and detailed. But, something as important as how H. 3292 could impact your gun rights needs to be accurate and thorough. Unless you understand exactly what H. 3292 does and does not do, you can not know just how important it is that H. 3292 be amended as GrassRoots proposes, and then enacted into law. Anything less thorough would require you to have faith in, but not knowledge of, what is truly contained in H. 3292.

After you read the GrassRoots analysis of H. 3292, you will understand how important it is for you - and everyone else you can enlist to join us - to print out and mail in those post cards without delay. Click here (http://www.scfirearms.org/postcard/WhyPostCards.html) to read why postcards are so important.

H. 3292 could come before the House General Laws subcommittee as early as Thursday, Feb 17. We - you, me, and everyone else we can get to join us - must start doing all we can to get H. 3292 amended and enacted into law.

It is time to use the card stock and stamps GrassRoots recently asked you to purchase to get your voice heard in support of H. 3292! If you have not yet purchased the card stock and postage, please do so quickly. We have heard that some stores have sold out of the orange card stock. If you can not get orange, then get whatever color you can get. It is more important that you send the postcards now rather than miss out because you could not find orange. See Action Steps below.

It is time to make phone calls to our elected representatives in support of H. 3292!

It is time to send emails to our elected representatives in support of H. 3292!

GrassRoots has created a document with eight post cards addressed to the five members of the House General Laws subcommittee and to the three principal sponsors of H. 3292.

ACTION STEPS TO TAKE NOW:

1. Download and print out the post cards. Click here (http://scfirearms.org/postcard/H3292postcardsv3.pdf) to download the post card file. (Click here http://www.scfirearms.org/postcard/PostCardsPrintingInstructions.html you need instructions for printing the post cards.)

2. Cut the card stock into four post cards.

3. Sign the bottom of the message side of each post card.

4. Write your return address in the upper left corner of the address side of each card.

5. Put at least a 28 cent stamp on each post card and mail them.

6. CALL and email each member of the House General Laws subcommittee and tell them "GrassRoots GunRights Speaks for Me!" Then, call the three principal sponsors of H. 3292 and tell them the same thing.

Members of the SC House General Laws Subcommittee:

Rep. Thad Viers
(803) 734-3064
[email protected]

Rep. Dan Hamilton
(803) 212-6795
[email protected]

Rep. George Hearn
(803) 212-6796
[email protected]

Rep. Laurie Funderburk
(803) 734-3044
[email protected]

Rep.David Weeks
(803) 734-3102
[email protected]

The three principal sponsors of H. 3292:

Rep. Mike Pitts
(803) 734-2830
[email protected]

Rep. Dan Cooper
(803) 734-3144
[email protected]

Rep. Greg Delleney
(803) 734-3074
[email protected]

If you are unable to reach any of these Representatives at their individual office numbers listed above, call the House Judiciary Committee (803) 734-3120 and ask to be transferred.

Once you have done this, you should also send post cards to every House member in the county in which you live. GrassRoots has created a separate document for each county with post cards for each House member. Click here (http://www.scfirearms.org/postcard/PostCardsH3292Delegations.html) and download the post cards for your county House members and follow the same Action Steps as 1 through 5 above. Give any extra postcards to your friends and neighbors to send in.

The politicians MUST hear what good, law-abiding gun owners like YOU think about H. 3292, and they need to hear it NOW!

Gun owners have the power to win. The question is whether gun owners have the will to win. If gun owners work together and follow the Action Steps above, we can get H. 3292 amended and enacted into law.

Thank you for taking immediate action on this very important gun rights issue!

Bill Rentiers
Executive Officer
GrassRoots GunRights of SC

This bill was going nowhere. And with the Grassroots proposals making the bill even more complicated, the bill for sure isn't going anywhere.

The legislature does not want to take on anything too complex in a year with a huge budget deficit to deal with.

Another thought...

It seems to me, whether or not this particular bill is likely to pass, the electorate loudly demanding pro-gun legislation is always a worthwhile effort.

It seems to me, whether or not this particular bill is likely to pass, the electorate loudly demanding pro-gun legislation is always a worthwhile effort.

Correct you are, sir. Nevermind the post above you, he seems to have something negative to say about everything concerning South Carolina gun laws and GRGR in particular.

*** GrassRoots Gorillas CALL TO ACTION! ***

The GrassRoots Gorillas who answer this call can be the deciding factor which convinces the politicians to make some long sought after improvements to SC gun laws.

The House Judiciary General Laws subcommittee has scheduled a meeting on Thursday February 17, 2011 at 9am in room 516 of the Blatt building to discuss H. 3292.

GrassRoots needs as many gun rights supporters as possible to attend this meeting.

H. 3292 is a very important bill which - if amended properly - could change SC gun laws for the better in a number of ways (open carry, restaurant carry, prohibit employers from banning guns in stored employee's vehicle, etc.) GrassRoots has proposed amendments to fix the problems with H. 3292.

If you have not already read the GrassRoots analysis of H. 3292 please read it at
http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislative/H3292_analysis.pdf

If this meeting is packed full of GrassRoots Gorillas, it just might convince the members of the subcommittee to adopt the GrassRoots proposed amendments to H. 3292 and recommend the bill for passage.

Gorillas should meet on Thursday February 17, 2011 no later than 8:45am near the statue of Strom Thurmond on the statehouse grounds. Contact me with any questions.

Bill Rentiers
Executive Officer
803-528-6346 (cell)

I would not bet on this bill going nowhere just like I am glad I didn't bet on the Steelers. I will be surprised if it does make it through but it has a good possibility of some change if the sub-committee will work it correctly. I think the biggest problem with it is that there is too much change in the bill and would be too easy for them to just throw the whole thing out. I do not know who the author of the bill is but they did a very poor job with lots of errors. I am hoping that they will clean up some parts of it and push it through rather than discarding the whole thing. If it had been broken into about 5 or 6 different bills there is a chance than one or more would be seriously considered given the present nature of the mood of all states with pro-gun bills being introduced in seemingly almost every state. I doubt that the entire bill makes it to the House floor but I do expect some part of it to.

I would not bet on this bill going nowhere...

... I doubt that the entire bill makes it to the House floor but I do expect some part of it to.
So does that mean you're going to support it and contact your legislators to let them know they should too, or are you just going to give up and do nothing?

So does that mean you're going to support it and contact your legislators to let them know they should too, or are you just going to give up and do nothing?

I have already contacted them and also did before the analasis was posted. No I am not giving up nor do I wait for some leader to tell me what I have to do. Have you contaced your Senator about S.122 yet or are you waiting until you are told to? I consider S.122 a major gun rights issue for many people yet GRSC has taken it off of their list to even talk about. It has already passed committee with a favorable vote yet no one even seems to know that it exists.

I have already contacted them and also did before the analasis was posted. No I am not giving up nor do I wait for some leader to tell me what I have to do. Have you contaced your Senator about S.122 yet or are you waiting until you are told to? I consider S.122 a major gun rights issue for many people yet GRSC has taken it off of their list to even talk about. It has already passed committee with a favorable vote yet no one even seems to know that it exists.
So you contacted them before the analysis was posted? Did you tell them you wanted them to support a bill before knowing what needed to be changed? Can you see how confusing it would be to a legislator to be told "support this bill" only to be told later down the road "support this bill but only with these changes"? Do you realize that many people working together as a group delivering the same message is a far more effective way to effect change than than a few random people asking for something but they're not really sure what it is?

Probably not.

I don't know why GRGR took S.122 off the legislative watch page if it was in fact on there. What I do know is that I made the 60 seconds of effort to ask them. Did you?

That was a rhetorical question because the answer is obvious.

Now if you choose not to help us work toward passage of H.3292 in a time proven effective manner, even though I'm quite sure you'll be happy to enjoy the freedoms we'll gain if it passes, that is most certainly your prerogative. But please don't enter a thread asking for support of it and dump your negative attitude on it.

Thank you.

First of all I was responding to the post saying:

This bill was going nowhere. And with the Grassroots proposals making the bill even more complicated, the bill for sure isn't going anywhere.

Second is that if I want to wait around for someone to tell me what to do then I am jus trading one set of politicians for another. I started contacting my Rep. and the sommittee in support of this bill long before GRSC was able to finish their telling me what I want and what not to want.

I am willing to bet that the bill will not be passed exactly as the GRSC proposal says and to proclaim that because of that I am against the bill just demonstrates one of the flaws in the process in SC. I totally agree that this bill is only getting a hearing due to the work of GRSC but I don't think that because it is getting a hearing that even with all the Grass Root Guerillas attending that it is going to be passed on without careful consideration of each and every line and many being amended or removed.

As for S.122 it will do me little good to have H.3292 passed. Even if I can carry my gun all around my neighborhood while walking my dog it would all be for show because I can't fire it if attacked by another dog or even rabid fox or raccoon. I don't own 25 contiguous acres inside the city.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back