a sign of my own

BravoSierra2012

After coming home to a bent screen and an attempted opening of a window with a tool of sorts my wife said something I never thought she'd say. She said maybe we should put a tasteful sign at the door explaining the liability assumed when entering our house illegally. Of course my idea is used targets for blinds and a box with waivers for someone to sign before breaking in. Lol. She wants to make a sign that doesn't seem so "redneck". I turn to the Internet forum and ask for suggestions. Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. I later found that a group of teens had tried to get in on a dare. When the deputy told me it was them I asked why they gave up so easy or didn't break the window. He chuckled and said " the youngest one said he saw a Marine Corp flag on the wall and took off running which scared the others".

My only concern with putting any sign advertising you are armed in the home. Makes even more attractive to the bad guys if they know you are NOT home. (advertising that there are weapons in the home).

Not wanting to refer to firearms per se just wanting to state we are fighters and anything in the house is not worth coming in after

What ever you decide to put up run it by your attorney first. I don't trust prosecutors. I would hate to see you trying to explain why self defense is not premeditated murder. I have a little experience with criminals. A sign might have some effect on a teen out on a prank but I would not expect a criminal to be slowed down at all. They live their life surrounded by threats from their friends, their enemies, and the government.

You can implement security measure that might improve your situation. Training and practice with your arms. 3M makes a film that you can place on your windows. Someone can break your window but the film holds the pieces and is very hard to get through. There are many security measures that you can take that will improve your situation. I have seen signs that said, "Trespassers Will Be Shot, Survivors Will Be Shot Again". I laughed every time.

Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Without Invitation!

Seriously, put your efforts into real security measures, not signs, which do nothing.

All of this talk of signs made me think of a song.
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said, "Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me. I'm alive and doin' fine."

If you enter this house uninvited your next stop will be either heaven or hell. So, welcome to Purgatory you unlucky bastard! :)

I am reminded of a sign a fellow Marine has...
It is God's job to judge terrorists..
But Marines arrange for the meeting...

Now that is how I remember it. So I may be off some.

I do agree with the other measure comments.

Semper Fi!

I am reminded of a sign a fellow Marine has...
It is God's job to judge terrorists..
But Marines arrange for the meeting...

Now that is how I remember it. So I may be off some.

I do agree with the other measure comments.

Semper Fi!

What'd you think about the youngest one running after he saw the Corps flag? Reminds me of children running in Afghanistan shouting " amreeki"!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back