A question for the fathers of daughters dating.

slamhouse

Just out of curiousity, for the dad's here who have daughters dating. How do you feel about your daughter dating someone who carries a firearm? And would their possession of a cpl be a requirement for you?

I have a son, if he courted a girl that carried, more power to her. If she had a cpl, o well, if she respects the constitution enough to carry without a permission slip, I'll give her a hug and tell my son to not be an idiot and lose her.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

By the time my daughter is old enough to date someone who can carry a gun, it won't be up to me who she can or can't date.

If she is young enough for it to be up to me, the guy will be to young to carry.

-SF

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hey, we would both be carrying to protect her then. My daughter currently doesn't want a gun (not anti, just not currently her thing), so I would appreciate that some one would still have her back when I'm not around.

When he comes by the next time, make sure your cleaning your firearms where he can see you have them too ! Then if he strikes up a conversation on firearms grill him for the info you are looking for.

My daughter should have her Black Belt; or at least be a "probate" in TKD by the time she starts seriously dating. She'll still be too young to carry and so will her Bo'. But, by the time she can date a guy that is old enough to carry, she'll be carrying too.

Old enough to carry or not- As long as I'm living and she is my daughter, this dad will ALWAYS have a say so in my kids' life.
(They already know that!) :wink:

-

As long as he's not a huckalero. Whether he carries or not is second to the concern that he's an idiot.

When I was dating after my divorce, one woman used to like to say that she would rather be with a man who protected himself with a gun on his belt rather than a condom in his wallet.

I have two grown daughters with kids and I found that when they were dating my influence might cease to exist when they left the house. If they are raised right the chances are they will be ok. Not much you can do about it when they are out on a date except to think that you raised them right and not worry about it. I have great grand kids and now their parents can take their turn at worrying.

If he has a carry permit, it means he paid for his own background check (so I don't have to), and passed. In one more year my daughter will be able to carry her own gun.

I'd be taking him to the range, make sure his techniques are sound.

Careful, hanging out with the boyfriend implies approval. It's OK to let your daughter know that you approve of her boyfriend - it is NEVER ok to let the boyfriend know you approve of him!!! :haha:

Careful, hanging out with the boyfriend implies approval. It's OK to let your daughter know that you approve of her boyfriend - it is NEVER ok to let the boyfriend know you approve of him!!! :haha:
Nah, just keep reminding him of the hatchet and shovel in the trunk.

A comedian once said that he told his daughter's date, that if he made advances (sexual) toward his daughter, that he did not mind going back to jail.

A comedian once said that he told his daughter's date, that if he made advances (sexual) toward his daughter, that he did not mind going back to jail.

I think the one that I have adopted is a conglomeration of several. Son, anything you do to her, I will do to you. I have a big back yard, a shovel and a halfway decent alibi; but if that doesn't work I don't mind going back to jail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back