A law enforcement notification law that I would like to see passed....

Have you ever considered anger managment classes?

Come on man if you're walking your dog just say, you're walking your dog you start going off with this outhouse lawyer crap about am I being detained and chances are if your weren't you will be

Man, you are a real piece of work. Not only do you think yourself so high above everybody else that you can tell them whether or not they should open carry, but you think you're qualified to tell total strangers how to conduct themselves on their own property. The pirate was at least 30 yards into my property. He had no business being there at all, and you have no business second-guessing me on either what I did or wished I'd had the presence of mind to do. Go pound sand Johnny Come Lately.

Blues

Have you ever considered anger managment classes?

Come on man if you're walking your dog just say, you're walking your dog you start going off with this outhouse lawyer crap about am I being detained and chances are if your weren't you will be

The sock puppet has spoken...

Travelling with a permit

When travelling, it would be nice to know who requires notification of a permit and who does not.

I told them in Texas because they had a law.

In Colorado, I just didn't mention it. Why take a risk of having travel interrupted for the family?

Generally, those of us who have a permit are less likely to be violent, an offender, OR a violent offender.
I have no problem telling the LEO that I'm one of the good guys.

In forty years, I've only been pulled over by one overzealous rookie cop.
I'll assume the cop is a good guy, too.

In iowa there is no duty to inform, unless asked. I am wondering what has become of this country where we have so many public employees who believe that they are not subject to Constitutional limitations of their power. It is a dangerous situation when Congress, the President, and all public employees think that they are above the law and grant themselves waivers form the laws and Constitutional restrictions on their power.

Dash cameras are very reasonable in price and a concealed camera has become good insurance against the abuse of power. We are not yet a police state but we're getting there. Isolated examples of the abuse of power have always been present but there has been a recent deterioration in the respect for Constitutional limitations. The climate of abuse is being set in Washington.

In iowa there is no duty to inform, unless asked. I am wondering what has become of this country where we have so many public employees who believe that they are not subject to Constitutional limitations of their power. It is a dangerous situation when Congress, the President, and all public employees think that they are above the law and grant themselves waivers form the laws and Constitutional restrictions on their power.

and a lot of the public, even some members of this forum, stand behind them and support their efforts to waive the Constitution and restrictions on their power.

Courts have ruled that you don't have 5th amendment rights unless you actually claim them, i.e. during a traffic stop, etc.
As to recording stops, some cops don't like to recorded and will find something to charge you with, even for the recording itself.
There are videos all over youtube showing bad outcomes from recording LEOs.

When travelling, it would be nice to know who requires notification of a permit and who does not.

I told them in Texas because they had a law.

In Colorado, I just didn't mention it. Why take a risk of having travel interrupted for the family?

Generally, those of us who have a permit are less likely to be violent, an offender, OR a violent offender.

In forty years, I've only been pulled over by one overzealous rookie cop.
I'll assume the cop is a good guy, too.

there are many sources for the info you seek, it is up to you to learn and follow the laws of wherever you happen to be, unless you are very wealthy or a politician claiming ignorance of the law will rarely be a help to you

If you're walking the dog and you have a dog right there on a leash and you're in your front yard wouldn't it be easier to just say "I'm walking my dog"?

Have you ever had an officer walk up to you and demand to know why you are sitting on your porch? Sometimes what they say and do is so stupid that it actually makes you become temporarily as stupid as the LEO asking the questions.

Have you ever had an officer walk up to you and demand to know why you are sitting on your porch? Sometimes what they say and do is so stupid that it actually makes you become temporarily as stupid as the LEO asking the questions.

That's an interesting way to put it in the context of what he was responding to. No one was "stupid," there was just a trespasser and a property owner. The trespasser thought his badge gave him the authority to demand to know what the property owner was doing on his own property. I hardly think it makes the property owner stupid, temporarily or otherwise, to believe that a cop has to have some legal reason to question them about anything, but especially about just being seen outside in his own backyard at 1:00 in the morning. Johnny thinks he's qualified to judge the property owner's reactions to such an event. That makes him stupid, not the property owner whose reactions were being discussed when Johnny spewed that tripe.

Blues

That's an interesting way to put it in the context of what he was responding to. No one was "stupid," there was just a trespasser and a property owner. The trespasser thought his badge gave him the authority to demand to know what the property owner was doing on his own property. I hardly think it makes the property owner stupid, temporarily or otherwise, to believe that a cop has to have some legal reason to question them about anything, but especially about just being seen outside in his own backyard at 1:00 in the morning. Johnny thinks he's qualified to judge the property owner's reactions to such an event. That makes him stupid, not the property owner whose reactions were being discussed when Johnny spewed that tripe.

Blues

I think we have a misunderstanding...I was referring to an event in my own yard.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Jesus H. Christ!

That is just about the most retarded statement I've ever heard!
Why not just get out of your car and pee down your leg to show you are submissive as well?!

And people wonder why these cops are the way they are!

Link Removed

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Jesus H. Christ!

That is just about the most retarded statement I've ever heard!
Why not just get out of your car and pee down your leg to show you are submissive as well?!

And people wonder why these cops are the way they are!

Link Removed

Harsh and offensive responses such as yours towards someone that has a different belief system than yours is why USA Carry carries a high suck value. I've seen a lot of pissing contests on here lately but calling someone retarded sure demonstrates any lack of social intellect or understanding.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

Harsh and offensive responses such as yours towards someone that has a different belief system than yours is why USA Carry carries a high suck value. I've seen a lot of pissing contests on here lately but calling someone retarded sure demonstrates any lack of social intellect or understanding.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

Link Removed

Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out....

You need to lighten up "Dad".

By the way.... Can I borrow the car tonight?

Link Removed

P.S. I don't have any friends.

Friends can be a liability to operational security...

All firearm laws should be repealed. Because they are contrary to the Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights in the Constitution, they are legally void anyway.
We don't need any more laws concerning firearms.
If there weren't any laws concerning firearms, if you were stopped by a traffic officer, you could tell him you were carrying or not, your choice.
If there weren't any laws concerning firearms, if an officer asks you if you have any weapons on you, you could answer or not. Up to you.
Every individual needs to be taught the Constitution. Beginning with the Odumbo in the mis-appropriated Whitehouse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back