A good IWB holster

I too like the MTAC. Not just for the leather interior surface but because it completely covers the barrel and slide, as opposed to a slide-type holster with the gun protruding below the holster. I've heard of some problems with that arrangement; the barrel/slide putting holes in shirts and pants. I don't know if this is a problem with the super-tuck but my MTAC is very comfortable so I'm happy with it.

I don't know if anyone still follows this post, but I'll put in my own 2 cents:
I like the Crossbreed and Kholster more than anything. I believe Kholster has my #1 vote, then Crossbreed. Here's why:
Crossbreed and Kholster have metal clips. I had another one with plastic clips and the clips kept breaking off. It's now in my "junk" box. The metal clips hold onto your belt much better and stand up to time much better.
Crossbreed offers a 'combat cut'. Don't do this if your gun has a rough-texture grip. Mine tears up my rib cage in a very bad way. I ended up buying one with a full cut, just to protect my 'love handles'.
The Kholster has a HUGE number of adjustment points so that I can carry with extreme-forward carry (FBI forward cant), or way back (for crossdraw), and everywhere in between. Jimmy is as cool as it gets. He's easy to work with and will bend backwards to make you happy.
Crossbreed offers a full cut, too, last I knew. It takes time and practice to learn to draw from a full cut (WITH AN UNLOADED GUN!). Make sure you make that time investment with ANY holster, regardless of what you choose.
Good luck!

I"m glad to hear about the Crossbreed. I was thinking about ordering but the final price was nearly $100.00 so I wanted more opinions before I did. Seems like everything is sized for men, so it makes it difficult when deciding how they would work for women.

please check out White Hat Holsters. They have a IWB that is similar to the crossbreed:
Link Removed
I decided on the Maxtuck after research and seeing this video:
The customer service is great!

Love my "UGLY HOLSTER"

Got a Cleveland Holsters Ugly Holster for my XD. I love the way it fits. Similar design to the Super tuck with many adjustments, full or combat cut, and at a lower price. You can't go wrong with a Bobby Cleveland product.
www.clevelandholsters.com

Allow me to suggest a couple of sites with great information:

The Cornered Cat, an EXCELLENT resource for females as well as males: Cornered Cat

Also a lady on You Tube demonstrates a lot of different kinds of holsters, discusses good and bad things about them, and has some very good comments to make: faliaphotography's Channel - YouTube

Kathy Jackson (the Cornered Cat) has just released a paperback book to go along with her website. She is a well recognized author and expert on concealed carry and all 'round gun savvy lady!!

Versa Carry is a very minimalist holster that fits your weapon according to the round you fire. You only need to decide your carry depth for IWB and the holster will work for any weapon that is chambered for the same round. The only drawback is that your weapon will sit directly against you and if you want to reholster your weapon you have to remove the holster, slide your weapon on and then clip it back on your belt. The only holster that is easier to conceal than the Crossbreed Supertuck!

I like Don Hume holsters. I have 2 IWB leather holsters and love them. I have one for my Walther PPS and as a
female I also have tried several ways to carry and IWB is by far the best for me. I think I ordered mine from Buyaholster.com or Getaholster.com. Met them at a show and have bought 6 holsters from them and never had a
problem.

I"m glad to hear about the Crossbreed. I was thinking about ordering but the final price was nearly $100.00 so I wanted more opinions before I did. Seems like everything is sized for men, so it makes it difficult when deciding how they would work for women.

I'm in the exact same boat - I'm yet to purchase my IWB holster, but I'm heavily leaning towards the CrossBreed.

I'm looking at a Personal Security Systems kydex holster for OWB. I just can't find an IWB that feels good, not that I've tried them all! My body seems to be too curvy for comfortable IWB.
I also just received my Safariland ALS 6377---it's sweet! Good for hiking.

It was you!!! lol
OK, I'll explain. I saw your video, the one you just posted and ordered me one! (just couldn't remeber where I saw the video).
Hubby and I both thought it'd be worth a little more to get the kydex thats already molded so that's what I did. Now just waiting on it to show up! Hopefully it will get her soon and I can break it in at home while waiting on my license to get here!!!
Thanks again for sharing that!!!!

I have a crossbreed for my SR9 it works perfect. My wife has crossbreed for her SR9C and it is a little difficult to draw but she has been practicing and it is getting a little bit easier for her. crossbreed looks big and kind of is but it helps by taking away the pressure at point like smaller holsters do.

They work just as well for women.

I'm in the exact same boat - I'm yet to purchase my IWB holster, but I'm heavily leaning towards the CrossBreed.

I know of a petite lady who carries a Sig P-220 in her Crossbreed. Even I can't get away with my Springfield XD without my Crossbreed or Kholster.....

Try it. He's pretty good about making something right with you if you don't like it. I have several, and never had trouble.

Crossbreed minituck for my ruger lcp - have driven 4-5 hours with it in 5pm position and works great. sit all day long at a desk with it, and it feels great. Don't even notice it is there until I dont' have it anymore. :) Worth the wait!

Link Removed

I ordered it March 29th and it was on my front porch today Apr 9th. 12 days...not to shabby.
I have and it has been on since around noon! I LOVE it!! This is my first IWB and I was worried I wouldn't like the feel. Man was I wrong! I can't even tell I have it on. Great product, Great service, and fast shipping!! $52.95 shipped for horse hide with the XDTalk discount!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back