A calm cool good Girl with a gun.

NotTwoShure

OK girls this is for you, show the old man.

Link Removed

I was about to start a thread about this video. While this was a successful defense against a home invasion (in South Africa), there is so much fail in this video. Some of it has been explained at Guns for Beginners: Buy An Alarm System - The Truth About Guns.

• If you don't have an alarm system, you already stacked the deck against you. Waking up when a home invader is in the door frame of your bedroom is not a home defense strategy.
  • Don't sleep with your gun, even if it is a revolver. The recent Link Removed event should suffice as a motivation.
  • Once you engage an intruder, shoot and move if you don't have cover. Otherwise, shoot from cover, which is preferred. Don't stand there like a paper cut-out at the range. The intruder may be armed and shoot back at you.
  • Don't switch the lights on. With lights on, you are easily visible from the outside and you can not see what is going on outside. Darkness is your friend. Have a flashlight and/or weapon-mounted light.
  • Speaking of lights, have outside motion detector lighting. This will not only scare potential invaders away, but also give you and advantage as you can see the anyone outside and they can not see you inside.

Up front I have to say from observations over the years I do not favor open carry in urban and crowded places by civilians. I have seen some scary looking people doing this and it raised my pucker factor up quite a bit. On the other hand I have seen some that carry it off almost unnoticeable because of their presence. While checking out of a Fry's (Kroger's) yesterday I was standing alongside of a young lady (about all are young ladies to me) who was checking out with her 5 or 6 year old daughter. I started a conversation with her and asked what she was carrying Open and tight on her belt at the hip. She has a S&W 9mm and I congratulated her on being in the self defense mode. It did this old guys heart good to see a lady willing to protect herself and child with a gun. I can only wonder how many horrific crimes could have been prevented had the women been armed and trained on how to do it. Semper Fi to all you ladies and stay safe. J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back