A bit of irony

Damn, I thought everyone had to obey those signs....lol maybe they will get the hint, then again I'm sure they wont. Serves them right.

C'mon guys give Applebee's a break. There was just one small mistake. The sign needs to be BIGGER!

perhaps they should also consider posting "no armed robbery" signs. love this guys commet his name Chad D. Baus way to go

Applebees should consider hiring the T.S.A to "screen" customers. Or abide by the constitution, whichever they feel is less intrusive to it's patrons.

We were at an Applebee's near Austin a few weeks ago, didn't see any no-guns signs ... is this a chain-wide decision or a local one?

No Applebees for me either. Only place I go where I can't carry is my kid's school. I live in OK and don't even attend sporting events bc it's illegal to carry there in OK.

A bit of irony indeed - more iron needed, not a sign!

Yep keep the law abiding concealed carry customer away (lose money), while not in any way deterring the armed robber, complete corporate stupidity!

Let's see here...

January 2010, Applebees is robbed at gunpoint:
Former employee arrested in Applebee's armed robbery case - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

January 2011, Applebees is robbed at gunpoint: Link Removed

In light of these two armed robberies, it appears Applebee's corporate officers have learned their lesson and immediately jumped into action. After 7 upper management meetings, 6 attorney consultations, 17 email messages, 3 potty breaks, and 1 collect call to President Obama (which The Whitehouse refused to accept), the extreme and shocking decision was made to post an official sign mandating "No Guns!". One Applebees executive anonymously explained the decision as, "We know this extreme response will shock many of our loyal customers, but we felt in light of the seriousness of this shocking crime, a strongly worded statement such as "No Guns!" was warranted. Our customer's safety and well being is the highest priority at the Applebee's corporation, and we are not afraid to take drastic steps such as this to prove it!"

J/K

Seriously, Applebee's corporate execs must be pretty ignorant and lacking in common sense.
Maybe they should have included the Braille symbols on the bottom of the sign too! Now let's not neglect any handicapped armed robbers! They might sue!

Note to Applebees, no business from me I will go where I can defend myself and family.

Not all Applebee's are this way. The one my wife works at allows whatever the law here in Indiana allows...which is pretty liberal with gun laws. All the employees there, from the hostess to the manager, know I carry and have no issues at all

LOL I quit going to appbee's because of poor service. Now I go to chilleis, (no sign to worry about there) and the food and service is the best!

I don't condone any crime, however; It almost seems like the term "Poetic Justice" fits the situation.

Ken

I didnt see any signs here at the one by me here in Kentucky I don't like applebees anyways so they don't get my money only time I go is when I get a gift card lol

I think there may be more problems than we realize. The robber probably dropped out of school, so is unable to read. Maybe Applebee's needs to have a continuing announcement on the P.A. system in multiple languages that no guns are allowed when people enter so they know the rules. This may have eliminated the problem.

This is so obvious.... those signs did NOT apply to these robbers. They were NOT patrons... it was "after hours."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back