A better option than standard pepper spray.

A former co worker of mine carried one of these here in Pennsylvaia, because as a delivery driver he had to go into the People's Republic of New Jersey almost every day, and as such could not carry a firearm. I beleive he only used it once when some other driver ran up to his van and started to puch his van windows as he was trying to back out of a driveway. Definitly the pepper product I would go with should i be restricted from having my 1911.

If you happen to need defense in an office or at your desk 25 foot stream hornet spray is a good option. It can be easily staged nearby and is excellently disguised. It will take even the biggest angriest moron to his knees!

I looked at the Kimber a few weeks ago and, as I recall, it was only a two-shot deal. For about $35.00. I bought four $10.00 units for my wife for the same money and we practiced with two.

If you happen to need defense in an office or at your desk 25 foot stream hornet spray is a good option. It can be easily staged nearby and is excellently disguised. It will take even the biggest angriest moron to his knees!

The first time I heard of using wasp/hornet spray, I thought it was a great idea. However, someone brought up the legal issues that might abound. I do not have a can of hornet spray in front of me, but I believe it says something to the effect that it is a violation of federal law to use the product other than for its intended use. If it saves your life, great. But if one is choosing a weapon to use pre-meditated, hornet spray may not be the best choice?

I use this as it minimizes collateral contamination.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up three of these for my nieces. They are small enough that the girls will have them with them, and bigger than some of those cylinder type spray cans, so they can actually find them.

I think the Kimber units are a good choice. My wife likes them because they are more similar to holding a handgun than a can.

I have a vision-impared friend (I'm not being PC. She can see a little.) and I have considered getting her the Kimber product, primarily because of the natural point of aim possible. She walks from her school to her home a few nights a week. My concern has been its resemblance to a small pistol in low light.

Does anyone have any input on this?

I carry and use a Taser I had a situation one time and needed pepper spray and went to deploy it and it went pfft and ran down my arm luck being on my side the guy charged me and I squirted some in my hand and rubbed it in his eyes as we wrestled to the ground. But thank God I know how to grapple and made it out without injury but I will never trust pepper spray again. Please practice self defense tactics and try to cover all possible aspects of what if's.

It looks like a squirt gun that you get at the dollar store. It does have the shape of a small pistol, but the one I have is red. It is small enough to fit in your hand...exteneded fingers..I bought one for the wife since she does not want to carry yet.

Has anyone tried the palm-sized "Spitfire" from Sabre? It looks convenient, but maybe not much range.

I purchased one of these when I moved into a college dormitory. I upgraded to a glock 26 gen 4 after moving off campus and obtaining my ccw permit. However it's still excellent to carry on campus while I am in a "gun free zone". I have tried carrying a small can of pepperspray but I have yet to find a convenient way to carry it in a way it would be accessible. The Kimber version is much more convenient, I'm able to fit it inside the pockets of jeans, sweatshirts, etc.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back