A .22LR is as good as a .45

Ahhh but both with suppressors the .45 will make less noise as most factory .45 ammo is subsonic and most 22lr ammo is not.
Even with a suppressor larger-diameter bores generally equal more noise at the muzzle. The smaller the bore, the less noise.
Thats why a 22 is quiet without one.
True you cannot stop the subsonic boom of a 22 but the larger the projectile, the more noise it makes disturbing the air in flight.

Even with a suppressor larger-diameter bores generally equal more noise at the muzzle. The smaller the bore, the less noise. Thats why a 22 is quiet without one. True you cannot stop the subsonic boom of a 22 but the larger the projectile, the more noise it makes disturbing the air in flight.
Well anytime your in Maine feel free to come over and I will let you shoot both. As most .45s are SUBSONIC they make no noise in the air just the bang of gun. most 22lr are NOT subsonic they make noise while going through the air. You are correct the .45 makes more sound at the MUZZLE however this is what a quality suppressor does it traps the expanding gas before it disturbs the environment outside the can. So if we remove the noise at the muzzle all that is left is the sonic crack as the .45 does not produce one and the 22lr does the 22 is louder.

I do like 45s, but a 22 is just as good.

The more I learn, the more I see that practice and training is more important than caliber.

Cost of ammo becomes an issue for many.

In a panic situation :
Someone who practices weekly with a 22 will be much better than someone who practices a few times a year with a 45.

I may have to sell my 45 s so I can practice more.r[/url]

For self-defense: .22 beats .45

The Italian Mafia like the .22LR pistols because up close and personal they work great for headshots and are not too loud and are easy to suppress.

I myself with stick to my 45ACP just in case I need to take a shot from 7 yards or further, out to 50 yards if need be, for a one shot one kill result with a handgun.

Well anytime your in Maine feel free to come over and I will let you shoot both. As most .45s are SUBSONIC they make no noise in the air just the bang of gun. most 22lr are NOT subsonic they make noise while going through the air. You are correct the .45 makes more sound at the MUZZLE however this is what a quality suppressor does it traps the expanding gas before it disturbs the environment outside the can. So if we remove the noise at the muzzle all that is left is the sonic crack as the .45 does not produce one and the 22lr does the 22 is louder.

Since I am not a hitman, whenever I shoot my 45ACP, I do want every mother loving son to hear it. Clue that there are 9 more in the magazine wating for birth.

Even with a suppressor larger-diameter bores generally equal more noise at the muzzle. The smaller the bore, the less noise.
Thats why a 22 is quiet without one.
True you cannot stop the subsonic boom of a 22 but the larger the projectile, the more noise it makes disturbing the air in flight.

So where did you learn all this? At a hitmans' convention?

Ok
but with 45 ammo pushing $30+ for 50 rounds
I could practice with a 22 everyday

I will not give up my 45colts, they are too much fun to shoot.:dirol:

:butcher:
:crazy_pilot:

actually, I have been researching for a 22 pistol and have come across articles using a 22
the two I posted in the OP just about summed up what I have read.

As for a 22 pistol
Reading many forums
I will probably get one of these
Link Removed

:butcher:
:crazy_pilot:

actually, I have been researching for a 22 pistol and have come across articles using a 22
the two I posted in the OP just about summed up what I have read.

As for a 22 pistol
Reading many forums
I will probably get one of these
Link Removed

The best application for a 22LR is for small game, especially on a backpack trip when you can't comfortably carry a 22LR rifle with you.

Try the Colt Woodsman or any of the Ruger copycats of it.

For self defense, I will stick to my 45ACP.

And for a hitman I would call a professional not do it myself, like OJ tried to do and wasted his entire $50 million estate.

Agree with another post comes down to shot placement if you are good use the 22, I prefer a larger hole with more internal damage, my own choice.

Well I have been stamp collecting for 20 plus years. I have also developed friendships with a few folks in the suppressor industry along with building several of my own. I have read many books on the subject and keep up with current goings on. The fact that I own suppressors and shot pretty much daily also gives me perspective. Suppressors are not the tools of just hitmen but all smart people who choose to make shooting safe by reducing the incidence of hearing loss and the ability to talk with people you shooting with/ around. I can take both my grandkids in the yard and shot target or have my older one shoot without having to worry about hearing damage or safety of not hearing things around me while shooting.

A lot of thinking about this subject and, tend to agree with 22 concept. More bullets in a mag, better 'back on target' second shot when in a panic situation, lighter carry weight, and, cheaper to practice with. I know I am getting a 22 that I can carry, practice with it and compare with other guns I now use.

More bullets in a mag? What 22 have you been shooting?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Ok
but with 45 ammo pushing $30+ for 50 rounds
I could practice with a 22 everyday

I will not give up my 45colts, they are too much fun to shoot.:dirol:

I make 45acp for about 3 bucks a box. Buying 500 rounds of .22 takes a whole lot less effort though, I'll grant that.
Still, I have a whole lot more time than I do money.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back