92yr Homeowner Shoots Burglar

both survivors look like they rode the "short bus" to school. :) Good Job to the homeowner.

How's that saying go, "“Don't mess with old folks, they won't fight you – they will just kill you."

Kudos to Mr. Jones for standing up to the punks.

Good for him. You got to protect your family and property. When thugs enter uninvited into other peoples homes, they enter at their own risk!!!

Good job and I hope it doen't upset him too much.

I'm sure with the things this man has seen in WWII, shooting some punk breaking into his house doesn't in the least bit upset him. Being he's from Kentucky, I doubt they'll try to pin a single charge on him, and that's the way it should be.

I just read this story before coming onto the forum. Shows again shot placement is 100x more important than "my caliber is bigger than yours" - and on the plus side he spent a lot less on that .22LR round than the state would have paid locking the perp up. I wish I could meet him, shake his hand and buy him dinner.

Reading the comments on the news article, it's good to see the support of his actions. A couple subthreads go off on political detours (in a generally correct direction), but there is no one taking Mr. Jones to task for his actions.

The latest. The police took the old man's gun. Too old to own it. Deemed incapable. Google it. Weird. But I agree.

The weapon was used in a homicide and was taken as evidence. Don't see a link that cites age as the reason for confiscation so if you have one, please post up.

The weapon was used in a homicide and was taken as evidence. Don't see a link that cites age as the reason for confiscation so if you have one, please post up.

Don't hold your breath. Otis isn't interested in "facts".

The latest. The police took the old man's gun. Too old to own it. Deemed incapable. Google it. Weird. But I agree.
Deem incapable??? He was capable enough to protect his home and call the police. The only people I see incapable are the ones who deemed him incapable!!!

He is pretty old.

Pretty old ??? With out knowing all the facts I would say LEO's took the weapon for evidence as mentioned a few posts ago, taking his his weapon just because he was old is B.S. Don't believe it in the least. I suspect this gentleman is and has been a law abiding citizen and gave up his weapon freely for investigation purposes and will get it back. In the mean time however I would bet that he owned more than one firearm and will continue to protect his home and property and his life for that matter. Bad Guys beware!!! Us old dudes do not play.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back