1st or 2nd hand negative comments about Stag Arms AR15 rifles.

I've seen the positive stuff about Stag Arms AR15s. What negative experiences have you or a friend had? I'm sure what your Mothers brothers nephews third cousins buddy thought they read on ghostrumors.com seems pertinent, but it's a little to far removed from what I'm looking for. Thanks!

I had a left handed Stag Arms AR-15. It simply wasn't that accurate compared to many other firearms I had at the time.

Stag Arms

reading the book The AR-15 Volume 3 by Patrick Sweeney and he does a review on many of the current AR's including Stag Arms and he has nothing but great things to say about the ones he reviewed personally. He goes into great detail about many of the AR's being produced today and I was impressed enough to start my search on buying a left handed Stag. Not sure how they were in the past, but everything he says about the current ones left me with no hesitation at all. Just my 2 cents (and Patrick Sweeney's, lol)

Sorry I can’t help, but I have had no problems whatsoever with mine. It has been reliable, and just as accurate as I am.

Stag Arms. I have the Model 3. It is highly accurate and I will take the prosing challenge with anyone opposed! Armalite had the copyright at the beginning but financially were in trouble colt bought the rights then was awarded the military contract. Colts parts were made for many years by an affiliate company of Stag. The affiliate company was ran by the father. His son wanted to start his own named company since they were bound by a military contract they had to run it all pass the military I can't remember some if the names but the military came back with it sounds to military! So the family asked about Stag Arms the military said it sounded more like a hunting rifle and so it is! During the day the factory makes parts for colt then at the close if business they ran a curtain across the factory and made Stags as the military asked. All Colt owners don't want to here this nor do they want to believe the price they paid isn't for superiority but inflation due to second hand merchandising but it is true all of it! The fit and finish are impecible the reliability top notch and a LIFETIME WARRANTY just as all large manufacturers do. I have around 2,000 rounds through mine and between the upper and lower no slop completely tight unlike armalite dpms rock river arms! All parts made in house as stated above. Absolutely hands down best AR I've ever owned and I have had and have a few!

Stag Arms. I have the Model 3. It is highly accurate and I will take the prosing challenge with anyone opposed! Armalite had the copyright at the beginning but financially were in trouble colt bought the rights then was awarded the military contract. Colts parts were made for many years by an affiliate company of Stag. The affiliate company was ran by the father. His son wanted to start his own named company since they were bound by a military contract they had to run it all pass the military I can't remember some if the names but the military came back with it sounds to military! So the family asked about Stag Arms the military said it sounded more like a hunting rifle and so it is! During the day the factory makes parts for colt then at the close if business they ran a curtain across the factory and made Stags as the military asked. All Colt owners don't want to here this nor do they want to believe the price they paid isn't for superiority but inflation due to second hand merchandising but it is true all of it! The fit and finish are impecible the reliability top notch and a LIFETIME WARRANTY just as all large manufacturers do. I have around 2,000 rounds through mine and between the upper and lower no slop completely tight unlike armalite dpms rock river arms! All parts made in house as stated above. Absolutely hands down best AR I've ever owned and I have had and have a few!

I have a Colt LE6920 - one of the last made before they went to calling it the sportster?; I bought it new through my LE distributor for my personal use and possible resell down the line (price was under $1000) and I really don't mind hearing Stag does the work.
And another reason I might appreciate Stag being involved is I have a buddy who does 3-gun and says the Model 3 is a mix of the best components for an AR. And he is very keen on the best for his work. I had narrowed it down to Colt and Stag, but went Colt for the reasons above.

My good friend has a stag m4 maybe unrelated to what you need to know however each time to the range spent brass will get stuck in the pipe and not eject you actualy have to use a cleanig rod from the muzzle end and push it out He sent it back they said the fixed the prob. Now it happens evrey other time we go he he plans on sending it back agin imho i would get rid of it im weird like that i geuss Good luck

I have a Colt LE6920 - one of the last made before they went to calling it the sportster?; I bought it new through my LE distributor for my personal use and possible resell down the line (price was under $1000) and I really don't mind hearing Stag does the work.
And another reason I might appreciate Stag being involved is I have a buddy who does 3-gun and says the Model 3 is a mix of the best components for an AR. And he is very keen on the best for his work. I had narrowed it down to Colt and Stag, but went Colt for the reasons above.
A LE6920 made before a Sporter? That doesn't sound right. Aren't the LE models ban era and later guns? When was yours made? My AR-15A2 Sporter II is 25 years old.

Made with Stag parts, could care less as it says Colt on it not Stag. Colt supposedly went thru the parts bins of CMT and hand picked the best parts out of them. Stag Arms itself started in 2003. But Stags are still good and a couple friends own them.

My good friend has a stag m4 maybe unrelated to what you need to know however each time to the range spent brass will get stuck in the pipe and not eject you actualy have to use a cleanig rod from the muzzle end and push it out He sent it back they said the fixed the prob. Now it happens evrey other time we go he he plans on sending it back agin imho i would get rid of it im weird like that i geuss Good luck

I heard something about like that. It had to do with firing enough to really heat up the barrel and then stopping for a time. The brass would "weld" in, but the round would fire, then the brass would not eject and had to be removed in the manner you mention. I'll have to see if I end up duplicating that with mine.

A LE6920 made before a Sporter? That doesn't sound right. Aren't the LE models ban era and later guns? When was yours made? My AR-15A2 Sporter II is 25 years old.

Made with Stag parts, could care less as it says Colt on it not Stag. Colt supposedly went thru the parts bins of CMT and hand picked the best parts out of them. Stag Arms itself started in 2003. But Stags are still good and a couple friends own them.

I bought this M4 carbine about 6 months ago and told it was the last of this model's run at Colt - thought the sportster was the replacement for it, maybe not, but do know the LE6920 is not being offered any longer and the SP6920 is the new version (according to my LE dist anyway).

And yes, it says Colt on the side and that is what I wanted.

Do NOT use a slide in conversion like for 22 you can buy. Those will lower you accuracy even after you take it out. It usually makes the bolt not go to the normal place. If you want to convert then buy a good kit.
other then that good shooting.

I heard something about like that. It had to do with firing enough to really heat up the barrel and then stopping for a time. The brass would "weld" in, but the round would fire, then the brass would not eject and had to be removed in the manner you mention. I'll have to see if I end up duplicating that with mine.

I would think that it is more likely that the gun is out of spec and the chamber is to tight. Brass is a living metal and will contact when it cools. Or if you are firing cheap dirty low loads you could be building up crap in the chamber until you get your brass to jam. This is one of the problems with steel cased, it doesn't expand enough to properly seal the chamber allowing powder and gunk back into the chamber. The tighter the chamber the more susceptible you are.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I would think that it is more likely that the gun is out of spec and the chamber is to tight. Brass is a living metal and will contact when it cools. Or if you are firing cheap dirty low loads you could be building up crap in the chamber until you get your brass to jam. This is one of the problems with steel cased, it doesn't expand enough to properly seal the chamber allowing powder and gunk back into the chamber. The tighter the chamber the more susceptible you are.

I've looked at a whole bunch of stuff lately regarding Stag Arms so it took me a while to figure out where I got that from. In was from my friends Gun Digest Book of the AR-15 Volume 2 by Patrick Sweeney. In Appendix 1: Manufacturers, the Stag Arms part, he talks about "How do you induce a Stag AR/Wolf ammunition malfunction?" He explains what happened to him and another guy and uses the term "weld" twice.

So that's where it came from, not me personally. If you disagree, you'll have to debate it with Sweeney.

I haven't fired a Stag Arms rifle yet. But I plan to real soon.:dance3:

I've looked at a whole bunch of stuff lately regarding Stag Arms so it took me a while to figure out where I got that from. In was from my friends Gun Digest Book of the AR-15 Volume 2 by Patrick Sweeney. In Appendix 1: Manufacturers, the Stag Arms part, he talks about "How do you induce a Stag AR/Wolf ammunition malfunction?" He explains what happened to him and another guy and uses the term "weld" twice.

So that's where it came from, not me personally. If you disagree, you'll have to debate it with Sweeney.

I haven't fired a Stag Arms rifle yet. But I plan to real soon.:dance3:

Go back and re-read your book. Most "Wolf" ammo is STEEL cased not brass, that is what makes it cheap, that is why people buy it. You are reading a book talking about STEEL cased ammo and using it as justification to contradict what I am saying about BRASS cased ammo. You mixed the two up and said the BRASS welded in the chamber so I will debate with you not your book.

Go back and re-read your book. Most "Wolf" ammo is STEEL cased not brass, that is what makes it cheap, that is why people buy it. You are reading a book talking about STEEL cased ammo and using it as justification to contradict what I am saying about BRASS cased ammo. You mixed the two up and said the BRASS welded in the chamber so I will debate with you not your book.

Nope, I'm not trying to contradict anybody about anything in this thread. I am trying to point out (again) that I am not the source and I am trying to point out who is.

Nope, I'm not going to debate either. What you want to debate is off topic for this thread as well as this category. I wasn't there when sigman84's friend had the problem nor was I with Sweeney when he had his malfunction, so I can't make an informed opinion. I'm not going to waste my time formulating scenerios or uninformed theories. I am also not going to put any time into research about whatever it is you are so upset about as I have absolutely no interest in the subject at the moment. I have already ordered my rifle and that isn't going to change.

I'm sorry if you are having a bad day or week, but I'm not looking to contribute to it or participate in it. I do hope it gets better for you though.

Nope, I'm not trying to contradict anybody about anything in this thread. I am trying to point out (again) that I am not the source and I am trying to point out who is.

Nope, I'm not going to debate either. What you want to debate is off topic for this thread as well as this category. I wasn't there when sigman84's friend had the problem nor was I with Sweeney when he had his malfunction, so I can't make an informed opinion. I'm not going to waste my time formulating scenerios or uninformed theories. I am also not going to put any time into research about whatever it is you are so upset about as I have absolutely no interest in the subject at the moment. I have already ordered my rifle and that isn't going to change.

I'm sorry if you are having a bad day or week, but I'm not looking to contribute to it or participate in it. I do hope it gets better for you though.

That's cool... Give bad information as fact and then walk away. You should end your comments letting people know you have no idea what you are talking about. Talking about why an AR15 would get a round stuck in the chamber, especially the STAG AR15 the guy mentioned in answer to the guys question on Stag AR15s, is off topic? Take your one round out of your revolver, put it in your pocket, and take up knitting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back