1935A French SACM

timusp40

Inherited a like new pistol that I am researching. A uncle brought this back from Europe in the mid 1940's, and it has been passed down like so many other family possesions are.

So I know this much. It is a 1935A French SACM 7.65 X 22mm Longue. The pistol is in very good condition. Original finish, nothing missing (mag included), and my uncle even had some cartridges stored away with it. None of them work by the way. The bullet in these cartridges appear to have steel casings. All duds!

So what do I have, a military relic or a possible pistol I can take to the range? I do not see any ammuniion for this handgun for sale.

Inherited a like new pistol that I am researching. A uncle brought this back from Europe in the mid 1940's, and it has been passed down like so many other family possesions are.

So I know this much. It is a 1935A French SACM 7.65 X 22mm Longue. The pistol is in very good condition. Original finish, nothing missing (mag included), and my uncle even had some cartridges stored away with it. None of them work by the way. The bullet in these cartridges appear to have steel casings. All duds!

So what do I have, a military relic or a possible pistol I can take to the range? I do not see any ammuniion for this handgun for sale.

7.65 MAS, as it is also known is a seriously oddball and rare round in the US. From what I've gathered, it really never was a big seller in the civilian market even in Europe. The ammo is harder than hen's teeth to find over here and there's not any reloading info readily available for it either. Your best bet would be reloading and even then you are gonna have to do some hunting for brass (it can be made from .32 Smith and Wesson Long if you can't find any) and information.

Note:
If you aren't an experienced reloader already, I wouldn't suggest starting to reload ammunition just to load the 7.65 MAS. Developing a load for it is gonna be expensive (it requires special order dies and either a custom shell holder or modifying an existing one) and you are gonna spend a LOT of the time 'off the reservation' as it were, since there's no reloading information out there from the ballistics labs that develop the information for reloading manuals.

Buffalo Arms lists it at $59 per 50. Link Removed

And here's a thread from Gunboards.com's reloading section on the cartridge.

Anone have info on the 7.65 MAS cartridge?

1935a

So I have done some more research and it appears that this pistol does not have much value regardless of condition. Add to that the problem with the cartridge and it becomes even worse. So I'll keep it as a reminder of my uncle and his European WWII Tour. Darn!

I just read an article in Guns magazine by Mike “Duke” Venturino about that very gun. I don't recall which month or volume its in, but i'm sure you can find it on their web site.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back