114th U.S. Congress: H.Res. 582 Condemning and Censuring President Barack Obama -- 2A

To Congress re: 2A: A little less talk, and a lot more action! (with apologies to Toby Keith)

*****************************************************************************************************************************

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th...82?q={"search":["\"hres582\""]}&resultIndex=1

Introduced in House (01/07/2016)

114th CONGRESS
2d Session

H. RES. 582

Condemning and censuring President Barack Obama.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 7, 2016

Mr. Palazzo (for himself, Mr. Cole, Mr. Collins of Georgia, Mr. Yoho, Mr. Abraham, Mr. Westerman, Mr. DesJarlais, Mr. Fincher, Mr. Rouzer, Mr. Hunter, Mr. Stewart, Mr. Jody B. Hice of Georgia, and Mrs. Blackburn) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

RESOLUTION

Condemning and censuring President Barack Obama.

Whereas upon entering the Execution of the Office of President of the United States, President Barack Obama affirmed his constitutional oath as follows: “I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States”;

Whereas President Barack Obama has failed to faithfully execute the Office of the President of the United States and has failed to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States;

Whereas President Barack Obama has failed to fulfill his duty in article II, section 3 of the Constitution of the United States that he “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed”;

Whereas the Constitution of the United States in article I, section 1 provides that “All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States”;

Whereas the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States provides that “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”; and

Whereas, on January 5, 2016, President Barack Obama defied article I, section 1 of the Constitution of the United States by implementing unconstitutional executive actions without congressional consideration, debate, or approval in order to infringe on the Second Amendment right of the American people to keep and bear arms: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives does hereby censure and condemn Barack Obama for having willfully disregarded the legislative powers of the duly elected Congress provided by the Constitution of the United States through his executive actions to deprive American citizens of their constitutionally mandated right to bear arms under the Second Amendment.

********************************************************************************************************************************

On H. RES. 582

To Congress re: 2A: A little less talk, and a lot more action! (with apologies to Toby Keith)

*****************************************************************************************************************************

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th...82?q={"search":["\"hres582\""]}&resultIndex=1

Introduced in House (01/07/2016)

114th CONGRESS
2d Session

H. RES. 582

(...)

I suggest using https://democracy.io/ to write your representatives to ask them to cosponsor and vote in favor of H. RES. 582 - makes it easy to do all at once just using one page to write your short message.

I'm just curious, but why is this in the MS State sub-forum?

No particular reason, other than a US congressman from Mississippi sponsored the resolution. I could have just as easily posted it in General Discussion. Maybe I should have.

I discovered the censure resolution while researching bills that my own congressman had introduced/sponsored or co-sponsored.

In any case, the House Powers That Be (PTB) have buried it in subcommittee or a desk drawer. More proof of Speaker Paul Ryan's (ahem) "leadership" ... IMO.

No particular reason, other than a congressman from Mississippi sponsored the resolution. I could have just as easily posted it in General Discussion. Maybe I should have.

I discovered the censure resolution while researching bills that my own congressman had introduced/sponsored or co-sponsored.

In any case, the House Powers That Be (PTB) have buried it in subcommittee or a desk drawer.

Ahh, thanks for the explanation. Like I said, just curious.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back