M&P Shield vs. ????

I have a LC9 and a sa-xd springfield. I love the springfield and it is awsome to shoot. Both are a 9mm and for the ruger LC9 the trigger pull ( like stated bg others earlier) is a looooooonnnngggg stroke . But like also said , gotta practice and become comforatable . The sa-xd is a little hard to conseal with a owb holster but doable and the fact of having the option for 16 shells is not neccesary but nice . I am going to convert to the lc9 as soon as i can make a holster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using USA Carry mobile app

I know this is an old thread but figured I'd contribute my opinion for future "considerees". I carry a Walther PPS .40 off duty, and although expensive, worth every penny!! However, my dad just bought a 9mm M&P Shield and since he was going out of town and didn't want to take it, I decided I'd test it out. I'm glad this gun wasn't an option when I bought my PPS because even though the feel isn't quite as nice, it's super super close and that combined with the price would have probably steered me away from my beloved PPS. Knowing what I know now, I would still go the PPS route, but now that I have a PPS, I think my next purchase will be a M&P Shield in 9mm. The triggers are one of the best I've ever felt. The ergonomics are amazing, and it comes on target very easily. And that goes for both guns honestly.

I have never shot a shield (Or any M&P, but i don't doubt their abilities.) I do carry a Ruger SR40C and really love it. It is comparatively priced to the Shield (Maybe plus $20). Though not as thin as the Sheild it's advantages is its 9+1 and the spare magazine i got was a 15 rounder. It has a manual safety plus a Glock Like trigger safety, it also has a drop safety, and the one i hate a MAGAZINE DISCONNECT safety. Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

I carry the Ruger SR40C . I have never shot the Shield. My only concern is I keep hearing about how you need to upgrade (After market) their trigger. I would prefer a good stock trigger. (The SR series has that). Size wise the M&P has a very small footprint . As far as the XDs i wouldn't mind the .45 model, but not too keen on their 9mm. I myself is leaning towards a FS Beretta PX4 Storm (probably in 9mm)

I carry the Ruger SR40C . I have never shot the Shield. My only concern is I keep hearing about how you need to upgrade (After market) their trigger. I would prefer a good stock trigger. (The SR series has that). Size wise the M&P has a very small footprint . As far as the XDs i wouldn't mind the .45 model, but not too keen on their 9mm. I myself is leaning towards a FS Beretta PX4 Storm (probably in 9mm)

Who did you hear that about the trigger from? To me, the Shields have one of the best stock triggers on the market. Once you take up the small amount of slack, there is zero drag, only a super crisp, clean break.

Who did you hear that about the trigger from? To me, the Shields have one of the best stock triggers on the market. Once you take up the small amount of slack, there is zero drag, only a super crisp, clean break.

I keep getting people recommending that I upgrade the trigger (to an Apex trigger? I don't even know), but I think the trigger is great and don't want to change a thing. Light, easy, instinctive reset... Never had to practice a trigger pull... perfect out of the box.

I recently went through the same process. I picked up a shield at the store and loved the feel. I was torn between it and an xd-s. Being a previous owner of an xd I am a fan of their safety mechanisms and ended up going with the xd-s because of my familiarity with it. Check out Hickok45 video comparison of the shield 9 and xd-s (I'm sure this has been mentioned). Doesn't seem you can go wrong with either. The external safety is a knock for some guys but since you're okay with it I don't think you'll have many complaints about the shield!

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Not sure if anyone mentioned it in the last 6 pages but the LC9s is striker fired, so it no longer has the sort of trigger pull that the previous generation LC9 had... at least so I have read.

The LC9s has a significantly better trigger. In fact I'll be having my own in a couple of months to be my pocket gun. I'm going with the Pro because it doesn't have the mag disconnect safety.
I'm finally going to the dark side, this will be my first 9mm. Pulling the trigger felt very similar to the triggers on my M&Ps.

Todd

I just bought the M&P Shield in 9mm myself. Only shot around 40 rounds through it so far though but LOVE how it shoots and holds.

If your used to shooting a 40 expect it to kick like a mule. Worse then the full size. I would say if you still want big cal and small go wit a para compact.45 or Rock island. I own both and like them cause they have the weight to keep the kick down some

Sent from my LG-K371 using Link Removed

I have a Glock43 in 9mm. Really like it and it was my EDC until I tried a Shield. Just liked it better than the G43. My only thought is I'd opt for a 9mm over the 40. The 9 is more controllable and as far as being effective I would do some research on why the military and LEO's primarily use the 9mm. The 9mm ammo choices are vast.

I've had my Shield for around five years now..it's a great piece! Good for warmer weather carry and as a back up anytime!
Never had an issue while at the range or training with it.

I have a friend who carries it in the 9mm and loves it. I carry the full size M&P9 mostly but I'm a bigger dude so I can hide it well, but I've considered the Shield often for special occasions. I certainly wouldn't recommend it in anything heavier hitting than 9mm.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Link Removed

I wear the clothes to the gun shop that I want to carry a gun with and when I find a few that work, I them shoot those and choose. I’ve met so many people that purchase a gun and when I see them out in public they don’t have it cause it’s hot or because of what they have on at the time. Which defeats the purpose. Which is the reason I carry a kahr in different calibers 99 % of the time. But you will find your own that carries well. I think everyone knows what I mean. Happy shopping for a gun!

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I know it’s old but I thought I’d put my 2 cents in.
I have a m&p 40c, older model. I love it, not too snappy for me at all with 165g rounds. I can get around .15-.17 splits without trying which might be slow but I’ve been shooting pistols all of a a month now [emoji28]. 200g rounds and it’s a ***** cat! In my mind at par if not less than a 9mm. My splits go down obviously and I can keep the muzzle from raising for the most part. personally I prefer 200g ammo. You can get conversion barrels and shoot 9mm with a 9mm mag or 357 with your 40 mags. i like having that option.

Now granted I have big hands and long fingers so when I grip that thing I engulf pretty much everything but the slide, but I have zero trouble managing recoil. I have kind of a specific grip I can use with my 40 and it just feels and fits perfect every time. Shooting 1 handed can get a bit gnarly at times but not terrible in my eyes just takes practice.

I can’t legally carry concealed quite yet but in my house ive tried to see if it will print, and I can gladly say I have very minimal printing if anything at all. 6’3 190, mesomorph build.

Good luck! Hope this helped!

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back