M&P Shield vs. ????

Compare them all and pick the one that feels right to you. I'm thinking the Shield will win.

The XDS is thinner than the XD compact. So XDS will have a smaller print, and less to grip with that 45 recoil. Best answer was given above , find someone who will let you shoot theirs or a range that rents and try them all. Only you know what you will feel comfortable with. Just make sure 1) you hit what you are aiming at 2) PRACTICE 3) Pick something that you feel you will carry ALL the time.

I got the shield in the .4o cal flavor , it is a really good gun ! Put it through some pretty hard shooting and it held up really good so it is to me a good reliable pcs. ! The only sad thing is smith said there will be all the assesary available NOT I've had a order in four 4 -7 rd. mags since last May and being a really nice pcs. if I knew this before I bought it I would have gotten some thing different !

Can't you get aftermarket mags? It is such a hot gun right now that they can't even make enough of them.

I thought about the shield (if I could find one) but I have a 9C. Especially being a lefty and not wanting an external safety on my gun, there wasn't enough of a difference in the size compared to my 9c for me to look at it. I shot my friends XDS but didn't enjoy it very much. Kind of felt like hitting a baseball with an aluminum bat on the handle. Too much jolt for me. I would rather have better shot placement with my 9mm especially with follow up shots. Looking at a CM9 for the hot summer days. By the way, I appendix carry.

I was on gun broker and one of the listings I saw safety no external safety. I didn't think it was right.

You know when you can buy a new gun on a certain day it's like a kid on Christmas Eve. Hopefully they'll still have one available.

m&p sheild

hello i have the sheild i got lucky and found it in a gun shop it is the .40 i love the gun and everything about it it fits in my in the waist band holester awsome and it is light and i dont even no it is there and the gun shoots lights out i can hit pop cans at 30 yards with it and it is very easy to shoot i wood buy anouther one at any cost and sugest that you will love this hand gun i have a laser ordered for it also try it you will love it this gun is worth every cent you pay for it

I was able to shoot the Shield 9 and the XDS 45 on the same day and they are both fine choices. I found little recoil difference betwen the two, but I shoot more 45 than 9 or 40. Dimensions are very close. The XDS backstrap and trigger safeties are, IMHO, superior to a manual safety. Under stress manual safeties can be a challenge because you lose fine motor control and most of the modern handguns have low profile safeties; practice helps mitigate this risk.

Called shoot straight indeed they have them, thanks. Now considering forgoing the external safety and looking into the XDs!

Thoughts?

I used to care about having an external safety, but not so much now. The XDs has a grip safety at least. I haven't had any problems with my XDm that uses one.

Ok folks, here's the deal. Wife and I were out over the weekend and witnessed a pretty nasty mall fight. Didn't have my carry due to its a full size and was not attire appropriate. We both decided that we will not be without a firearm ever in the future! Not to say it would have been needed, but not having it was very uneasy!

So with her blessing I'll be buying a new compact firearm next week. I am looking at the M&P Shield in a 40 cal with the thumb safety. Yes I like thumb safety and I'm used to it due to my other firearms.

I'm looking for owners of this fire arm in 9mm or 40 cal and your experiences and thoughts. I am also looking to broaden my horizons with other options. What do you carry that's comparable in size. I like the XDs but the lack of safety options has me turned off. I also like the Walther PPS but again the safety is an issue.

So the true question, M&P Shield vs. what? The downside is the Shield is one of the hottest guns on the planet right now and has an MSRP of $449. Almost every dealer is backordered. Though it is available elsewhere for about $100 over MSRP. But I'll pay for the convenience and safety.

Your thoughts? Dislikes and likes? This is completely open speak your mind!

I was looking into the shield or the glock 30. Have u tried the glock 30 yet?

sent holding sp2022 in one hand

I've had my Shield 9mm since March of '13 and I love it. Accurate out of the box and perfect for carrying. Shot it a bunch and so far no jamming issues. A friend bought the Beretta Nano and after shooting my Shield has reconsidered his purchase and even bought one for his son for Christmas. The grip just fits nicely in the webbing between the thumb and index finger. I ordered an extra mag from S & W last March and just got it 2 weeks ago. Went to the local gun dealer last week and they had a stack of them. Go figure.

I have the Shield in 9mm and it is my EDC gun and I love it. It carries well and never had an issues. I shot over 750 rounds with it so far. I did change the sights and it made a world of difference, but that is just me and my eyes. I still carry my Glock G23 from time to time, but I love to carry the shield when it get hot as it is light.

I chose a Shield .40 and have had no problems with it in 200+ rounds.
Still trying to decide what load to carry as it works great with all the JHPs I've tried.

The Shield 40 is a great carry choice. The size and weight (for me) are perfect. I really enjoy shooting this gun and would recommend it highly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The XD-S is a great carry weapon I like it in 45ACP but I would guess the 9mm version would do fine as well.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back