Deciding between Ruger LC9s, Ruger SC40 or Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact for conceal

That's cool that its removable. The one on the beretta works like a little switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't considered a Glock. Not puttin' them down or nothin', I just don't like the idea of only relying just on a trigger safety.

There's plenty of other guns I'd like to consider but since the safety is only in the trigger, they either have too long, too hard or both of a trigger pull.

I stopped at another place yesterday and got to check out that little Beretta Nano 9mm. Nice little pistol just like I had figured it was but, no saftey.

I'm just curious though, what is it about your Glock that makes it your primary carry over the Ruger?

The Glock just seems to fit my hand a little better; I def am more accurate with the G43 vs the Ruger(not bad with either...though). The G43 has less recoil than the Ruger also.

The Glock just seems to fit my hand a little better; I def am more accurate with the G43 vs the Ruger(not bad with either...though). The G43 has less recoil than the Ruger also.
Are you comparing the Glock to the Ruger LC9s or the SR9c.

THe LC9s is small and light so I can see that but since we have a Glock 26 and a SR9c I prefer the Ruger.

Well guys, I made my decision. Gonna go with the LC9s. Already got my Alien Gear holster ordered and fixing to place the order for the Crimson Trace Lasergaurd sight.

A lot of people have the LC9S and love it. The great thing is you can always pick something else if you decide it's too snappy or just want to add to your collection.

Good choice and enjoy it.

Well, there she is. Now I just gotta take it out and break it in. Bought a 50 round box of 115 grain Winchesters and a box of 145 grain Browning target rounds and a box of the 150 grain fed HST's and browning jhp to test for carry anmo.

637e2ea34d83b7cdcfb9803aee49e152.jpg

You probably paid ~$0.30/round for target ammo and ~$1.20/round for the HST. That's 50% more for target ammo and 200% more for the HST than you need to.

I probably did but the target rounds I bought for my 40 beretta, I only gave about 33 bucks for box of a hundred at Walmart.

The fed HST's for that same gun, they were about 25 bucks or so for 20 at sportsmans guide whereas at Academy Sports they were almost 30 for a box of 20.

I probably didn't get the best bang for my buck but I saved a little bit at the time.

I'm sure there's probably a whole slew of cheaper places online that I have yet to find.

Anywho, I fired about 60 rounds through the Ruger and I was really impressed. Good shootin' little gun. Accurate, even for me. Lol. I like it so far considering this is gun number two that I bought before I shot it.

I like that trigger pull too.

I probably did but the target rounds I bought for my 40 beretta, I only gave about 33 bucks for box of a hundred at Walmart.

The fed HST's for that same gun, they were about 25 bucks or so for 20 at sportsmans guide whereas at Academy Sports they were almost 30 for a box of 20.

I probably didn't get the best bang for my buck but I saved a little bit at the time.

I'm sure there's probably a whole slew of cheaper places online that I have yet to find.

Just look at the links I posted, especially www.ammoseek.com.

Will do. Browsed it a little but gotta figure out how to use the site...

Not that difficult to figure out. Just enter your needs and look at the prices, then click on the link that gets you to the supplier. Pretty straightforward. This link, which I already posted, gives you newly manufactured 9mm target ammo with brass case: link.

Ammo is usually delivered via UPS or FedEx. Only very few online ammo retailers require an ID verification, such as a Driver License, via e-mail. I would skip those. I have ordered tons of stuff from LAX ammo, including their 9mm and 10mm ammo and PMC 5.56. I have ordered ZQI .308 M80 and 9mm Federal HST from SGAmmo before. For hot 10mm loads, I go to Underwood Ammo. There is also Freedom Munitions and ZQI.

Stuck between those three for conceal carry. I already have a full size PX4 in a 40 but because of its size, conceal carry on me is out of the question with this gun. Tried it the other day with an Alien Gear 3.0 IWB holster and it just didn't work out.

I haven't got to handle the little beretta yet, hopefully get to this weekend at a big bass pro I'll be going to but I have handled the two Rugers. They're nice guns. I just don't know if I want a 9mm with a small number of rounds compared to the other two with larger capacities plus larger ammo.

I realize the lc9 is a single stack but since I'm thinking the combination of all that extra pistol mass and holster mass of my full size that was between me and my jeans, I really don't think the increased width of a much smaller double stack pistol is gonna make much difference from a smaller single stack pistol.

Anybody daily conceal carry either of these three pistols? Pros? Cons?

Thanks.

My preference is with the Storm. YMMV. I suggest finding a range that rents guns and trying all 3.

My preference is with the Storm. YMMV. I suggest finding a range that rents guns and trying all 3.

Don't know the acronym ymmv but I really wanted the subcompact Storm to work out, but for needing a versatile, all around carry gun it just wasn't gonna work. Too big for pocket carry and really figured the width was going to be too much for carrying in an inside the waistband holster. That, and that little turd has been very hard to come by. Couldn't find anyone around here who had it or could get it. There was a store just down the road in Texas that had one, even in a 40 but I would have had to do the whole transfer thing.

I wish I woulda been able to go to a store that lets you shoot before you buy but, I'm pretty happy with this little Ruger.

Don't know the acronym ymmv ...

Your Mileage My Very, meaning your experience and prefrences may be different than mine and that's ok :)

I agree with you regarding the Storm except I use cargo pants for pocket carry. My CCW prefrence is with the Sig p320 subcompact but that wasn't one of OP's options.

You can always buy your gun of choice online.

Your Mileage My Very, meaning your experience and prefrences may be different than mine and that's ok :)
[emoji106][emoji106]

I agree with you regarding the Storm except I use cargo pants for pocket carry. My CCW prefrence is with the Sig p320 subcompact but that wasn't one of OP's options.

I considered looking into different shorts with deeper pockets but then I'd be back to possible comfort issues on the inside of the waistband carry since it is a fairly wide gun.

By the way, my little Ruger is less than an inch wide...lol. Fits great in my Walmart special wrangler shorts. Even in an uncle mikes pocket holster. And even with the pinky extension floor plate still attached.

You can always buy your gun of choice online.
I thought about that but just never looked into it because of the whole ordering, shipping and transferring thing. Figgered I'd have to get a pretty sweet deal to offset the shipping charge and transfer fees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back