Sleeve Guns???

Wild Dog

Banned
Does anyone have any experience with sleeve guns? I'm looking for another edge to help me deal with the street scum and tangos I confront on a daily basis.

No answer? I thought I was speaking to warriors, my mistake.

I do not know anyone who carries one of these contraptions. I do not know anyone who would even recommend them. They are impractical and only work in movies.

No "warrior" uses them. I have never seen them in a training class. If someone would show up with one, he would probably first get laughed at and then be told to get that damn thing off or leave the range. A sleeve gun involves rule #2 violations by design. You mentioned in a different post that you are "a proud member of the security industry." I do not know what type of training you had and what problem you are trying to solve here. You seem to need more training.

If you are thinking about a secondary firearm with quick access for close contact situations, look at a hammerless .38 Special revolver carried in the appendix position.

You posted the same question at www.defensivecarry.com back in April and had similar responses there.

Does anyone have any experience with sleeve guns? I'm looking for another edge to help me deal with the street scum and tangos I confront on a daily basis.
That's not an edge. That's just plain dumb. Learn proper methods of carry, draw and defense.

Lol... Don't think I want to belong to his Warrior club. I'll stick to my 9mm in an IWB holster. With enough practice, it takes VERY little time to deploy.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I do not know anyone who carries one of these contraptions. I do not know anyone who would even recommend them. They are impractical and only work in movies.

No "warrior" uses them. I have never seen them in a training class. If someone would show up with one, he would probably first get laughed at and then be told to get that damn thing off or leave the range. A sleeve gun involves rule #2 violations by design. You mentioned in a different post that you are "a proud member of the security industry." I do not know what type of training you had and what problem you are trying to solve here. You seem to need more training.

If you are thinking about a secondary firearm with quick access for close contact situations, look at a hammerless .38 Special revolver carried in the appendix position.

You posted the same question at www.defensivecarry.com back in April and had similar responses there.
I posted it here because it became apparent that defensivecarry was nothing but a bunch of ninnies. I came inquiring here because this website seemed more of a haven for true warriors. As for the hammerless .38 carried in the appendix position, I already carry one but I wanted something a little extra. Something to even the odds should I end up in one of those one in million situations and am facing some tango who has the drop on me.

Too many spy movies in your DVD library.
What does it matter what's in my DVD library? But to answer your question, yes I have a lot of spy flicks. The Bourne flicks are my favorite.

wrong forum, try googling ahole ninja wannabees
Wow, you're a funny guy aren't you. Well, Mr. Funny Guy, why don't you go someplace else, the grown ups are talking.

That's not an edge. That's just plain dumb. Learn proper methods of carry, draw and defense.
And what, pray tell, are you using to draw that conclusion? I have years of on the job training in the fast-paced world of security. What are your credentials?

Lol... Don't think I want to belong to his Warrior club. I'll stick to my 9mm in an IWB holster. With enough practice, it takes VERY little time to deploy.

Don't worry, with that attitude you'd never earn a seat at the table of warriors.

I posted it here because it became apparent that defensivecarry was nothing but a bunch of ninnies. I came inquiring here because this website seemed more of a haven for true warriors. As for the hammerless .38 carried in the appendix position, I already carry one but I wanted something a little extra. Something to even the odds should I end up in one of those one in million situations and am facing some tango who has the drop on me.

Please go to www.getoffthex.com and ask your question there. May be this will set you straight. If you do not now what getoffthex.com is, you are clearly not a "warrior". Be prepared for the same ridicule. Be prepared to be banned there for talking *****.

If you want to actually talk about the use of sleeve guns in the real world, we certainly can do that in this forum. However, your explanation of the tactical situation needs to be more than "facing some tango who has the drop on me". Also, find someone that sells them or find DIY instructions. Otherwise, this entire discussion is as pointless as talking about laser guns.

As far as I can tell, the deployment mechanism of a sleeve gun restricts the movement of the arm, adds weight to be carried around, and has the potential for accidental deployment. As I said before, you are violating rule #2 with a sleeve gun. If you are shaking someone else's hand and your sleeve gun accidentally deploys, be prepared to be justifiably shot or at least arrested and charged with aggravated assault. Operating your primary handgun, a shotgun or a rifle with a sleeve gun has its own issues. The recoil impulse may very well trigger the deployment of the sleeve gun. The deployment mechanism may get in the way of a handgun draw from a holster and of the normal operation of a shotgun or rifle. If you are in a struggle with someone, the deployment mechanism may release the sleeve gun and you may very well unintentionally shoot at what ever your arm is pointing at. Lastly, I am a personal opponent of using tiny guns for self defense due to the fine motor skills they require.

Of course I have heard of getoffthex (any man who has chosen the warrior way of the gun knows about them). And while I respect your views on sleeve guns, what do you recommend for that day when joe dirtbag has me dead to rights and the squeeze of the trigger is only thing separating me from Valhalla? What do I do? What for the Valkyrie to take me to Odin, or go for my sleeve gun and send him to the fiery pits of Hell?

If sleeve guns or so bad, should I have throwing knives up my sleeves, maybe?

Lol, I became part of a REAL "Warrior Club" over 35 years ago, and if that "Table of Warriors" has you sitting at it, I'll pass. I would much rather have a cold beer and remember the real warriors I have had the privilege of knowing, some of whom gave their all.
Even though I am not in their league, I do know from them that those who talk $h#@, usually aren't $h#@.

And you can wear short sleeves when it is 90 degrees out. Last time I had anything with long sleeves on, it was probably below 50 degrees.

Of course I have heard of getoffthex (any man who has chosen the warrior way of the gun knows about them). And while I respect your views on sleeve guns, what do you recommend for that day when joe dirtbag has me dead to rights and the squeeze of the trigger is only thing separating me from Valhalla? What do I do? What for the Valkyrie to take me to Odin, or go for my sleeve gun and send him to the fiery pits of Hell?

If sleeve guns or so bad, should I have throwing knives up my sleeves, maybe?

As I said, you have to be more specific about the situation. "when joe dirtbag has me dead to rights and the squeeze of the trigger" sounds quite nonsensical to me.

I assume we are talking about close combat. Take a look at Krav Maga. Take a look at the Benchmade SOCP dagger. You can hide the dagger in a sleeve and draw it with the other hand quickly.

Otherwise, carry your DIY sleeve gun and sign up for a class at Tactical Response. See what happens.

Wild Dog, I'm going out on a limb here and say you are getting replies based on your apparent arrested development. What is your age? There are no warriors here that stand-up, beat their chests, and pontificate about their service to our country, or employer. Their meritorious service is understood by users of this forum. Most here are only interested in saving their lives, or of loved ones, in a self defense encounter. The suggestions to find forums for your specific interests are out there. Wish I could be more helpful.

I find your attempt to get under my skin, laughable at best. But know this, you just insulted a man who puts on a uniform and risks his life everyday. Sleep on that!!!

What are you talking about anyway? Are you a cop, member of the armed forces, body guard, or mercenary?

What I am is a proud, decorated, member of the security industry. Even though I only carry a flashlight and handcuffs on the job, I still put my life on the line so people like you guys can go about your daily business in safety.

What I am is a proud, decorated, member of the security industry. Even though I only carry a flashlight and handcuffs on the job, I still put my life on the line so people like you guys can go about your daily business in safety.
Only a flashlight and handcuffs huh... You must have forgotten that you said earlier you carried a hammerless 38 appendix. Which is it?
I've been responsible for my own security for a long time, so you and your flashlight and your cuffs can stand easy, I'm good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back