For people who doubt the .380 can do the job.

If you could put bad guys in in a cage and wait for just the right angle maybe a .22 short would work.
But REAL life is not the same.
But you use what ever makes you happy.

The shooting the .380 at the Auto glass was very impressive to me,owning a Walther S&W PPK/s .380 I always thought it could do a pretty good job when needed.
I have found the small PPK/s blow back firing system,can get seven shots off quickly and on target. Not my EDC but when I do carry it I trust it.

Takes a big man to trap a boar, take all the time in the world to get the shot JUST RIGHT to not even get an instant kill.
You would have been quicker using a mallet.

And just for the record:
I don't hunt. I don't kill things that I don't have to and I certainly didn't expect a video of animal cruelty on a gun forum...

Any and or all respect that you (clunzar) could have ever possibly earned from me is gone.
Period.

Takes a big man to trap a boar, take all the time in the world to get the shot JUST RIGHT to not even get an instant kill.
You would have been quicker using a mallet.

And just for the record:
I don't hunt. I don't kill things that I don't have to and I certainly didn't expect a video of animal cruelty on a gun forum...

Any and or all respect that you (clunzar) could have ever possibly earned from me is gone.
Period.

.I agree posting the shooting of a caged animal on this forum, was IMHO a mistake and in poor taste. The video of the windshield glass was a good video and was all that was needed.

The thing that has made the most sense to me is to use the most gun that you can comfortably shoot well, then practice with and carry that. The on target 380 is better than the off target 45. But, if you can shoot a round that has better specifications, then why limit yourself? From what I have observed... you don't seem to get a lot of recoil reduction going from a 9 to a 380. If you did, then it would seem like a good choice for people that do not handle recoil well. But if the kick is the same and the impact is less... not sure what you are getting aside from a smaller gun. Even if that is what you are looking for though... It doesn't seem like 380s are significantly smaller than the subcompact 9s anymore.

The thing that has made the most sense to me is to use the most gun that you can comfortably shoot well, then practice with and carry that. The on target 380 is better than the off target 45. But, if you can shoot a round that has better specifications, then why limit yourself? From what I have observed... you don't seem to get a lot of recoil reduction going from a 9 to a 380. If you did, then it would seem like a good choice for people that do not handle recoil well. But if the kick is the same and the impact is less... not sure what you are getting aside from a smaller gun. Even if that is what you are looking for though... It doesn't seem like 380s are significantly smaller than the subcompact 9s anymore.

Today we do have many really good subcompact 9mm handguns,and they would be IMHO better then a small.380 handgun for carry. Myself I just wanted a PPK/s .380 just to see what they were all about.

Today we do have many really good subcompact 9mm handguns,and they would be IMHO better then a small.380 handgun for carry. Myself I just wanted a PPK/s .380 just to see what they were all about.

I have a PPK clone. I do want to replace it with a Walther though, once I get back from my mobilization.

I have been carrying an LCP as a BUG (weakside front pocket). I just don't like it. I don't have much faith in .380's stopping power , and even feel .380ACP guns are prone to failure in action (Even the Glock G42). It doesn't have anything to do with snobbery or My Firearm Is Better Then Yours. There have been times (for certain reasons) I'd leave my 9mm and .40S&W pistols home, and pocket carry the LCP. But i said a prayer those times that I would not really need to use a firearm.

Bad guys are cowards, and they will turn tail and run away from anyone shooting at them. Many successful self-defense shootings have occurred with 22lr, 25ACP, 32ACP and .380.

Bad guys don't check out the caliber when a victim draws, they immediately realize they made a poor choice when picking out their victim.

I've heard folks say they carry a 9mm, 40, or .45, as primary and then say they carry a .22, .25, .32, or .380, as a back up. Well... if a .22, etc, is good enough for a back up why aren't those folks carrying a .22, etc, for a primary as well?

Bottom line is really quite simple... carry the largest caliber in the size of gun that you will actually carry that you personally... and I mean YOU personally... can shoot the most accurately. Doesn't matter what anyone else says because only hits make holes (regardless of the size of the bullet) and misses make no holes of any size.

Only holes count.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back