Current Gun Control here looks like Gun Control in Europe

Firefly

I'm thinking that the people of the Ukraine are wishing they had not accepted Obama's promise to protect them from Russia and that they had been more suspect of gun control laws in their own country. Currently the people of the Ukraine are pushing for a law reflective of the 2nd Amendment. We should look to the Ukraine and see a country whose military is unable to defend it and the people are unarmed making it difficult to protect themselves in the face of soldiers with no insignia of country. These troops should be met as Terrorists with no protection of the Geneva Convention but it's hard to fight military troops when all you have is a baseball bat.

Military might: Comparing Russian and Ukrainian capabilities | Al Jazeera America

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/ukraine

Here are comparisons between the two militaries and the amount of firearms in civilians hands. If they are truly trying to enact a law similar to our 2nd Amendment, I'd be very interested in reading about it. Do you have any cites from what you've read?

I think there was something posted about it a week or so ago. Can't look right now, but will if no one's found it before I can get to it.

Military might: Comparing Russian and Ukrainian capabilities | Al Jazeera America

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/ukraine

Here are comparisons between the two militaries and the amount of firearms in civilians hands. If they are truly trying to enact a law similar to our 2nd Amendment, I'd be very interested in reading about it. Do you have any cites from what you've read?

Wolf, I found this while skimming through some links in my daily email listserv links. Not comprehensive, but it might lead you to further info. I think David Codrea covered it a couple of weeks ago, but not 100% positive about that. I saw mention of it several places in any case.

Link Removed

Blues

Wolf, I found this while skimming through some links in my daily email listserv links. Not comprehensive, but it might lead you to further info. I think David Codrea covered it a couple of weeks ago, but not 100% positive about that. I saw mention of it several places in any case.

Link Removed

Blues

Thanks Blues. You were correct, your link was a good bouncing off point. I also found this article: Gun Sales Spike In Ukraine, Gun Owners Move For New Laws - Vocativ

Apparently the Ukrainian Gun Owner's Association has been alive about 5 years now.

The biggest mistake any group of people make regarding self defense is thinking that "self" means letting someone else do it for you.
~
Self defense is exactly that, you, yourself defending one's self. Any other interruption is foolish and dangerous no matter how you look at it.
~
It is really too bad that they were disarmed in the first place. At least they now see the problem with this and are making efforts to correct the law and become armed.
~
It also seems ironic that the very right the American citizens have that the world is trying to trample is the very right that the Ukrainian people seem so earnestly set on achieving for themselves. Go Figure.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back