A Few Tips on Home Security

Bttbbob

Have you checked your House Security Lately

*Exterior Grounds
-If you have a tight hedge or fence, have you evaluated it as a defense against intruders?
-Is your fence or wall in good repair?
-Are the gates solid and in good repair?
-Are the gates properly locked during the day and night?
-Do you check regularly that the gates are locked, especially after repair and maintenance men leave?
-Have you removed poles, ladders, boxes that may help an intruder scale your wall, hedge or fence?
-Have you removed shrubbery from your gate, garage or near doors that could hide an assailant?
-Do you have lighting or illumination on all sides of your house, garage and patio?
-Have you considered putting your lights on a timer?
-Do you have lights on during hours of darkness?
-Do you check to see that all of your lights are functioning?
-Do you have dogs that would sound an alarm if they spot an intruder?
-Have you considered installing a video camera’s with recording ability as a deterrent?

*Interior
-Are your exterior doors made of metal or solid wood?
-Are your door frames built of solid construction?
-Do you have an interview grill or optical viewer in your main entrance door?
-Are your perimeter doors properly secured with heavy duty dead bolt locks?
-Are all your locks in good working order?
-Can your locks be bypassed by breaking a window pane or panel of lightwood?
-Do you permanently secure all unused doors and windows?
-Are your windows protected by steel bars, ornamental or some other types of shutters?
-Do you check all of your windows and doors at night?
-Are your windows secured by pins through the frame when closed?
-Are you as careful about locking second floor doors and windows as your first floor?
-Do you secure your sliding glass doors with a “Charlie Bar” or security bar?
-Are your skylights, roof latches or roof doors properly secured?
-Does your house have a security alarm?
-Is it monitored by an outside company or just a amplified sound?
-Have your briefed the whole family on proper security procedures?
-Have you verified references or done background checks on workers that you have at your house? i.e. Lawn personnel, pool service, painters?
-Do you restrict the number of house keys for your house? Where are they?
Are they all accounted for?

No actually I was involved in the writing of the doctrine of it as A Marine Security Guard.......Thank you very much.

Do you hold the copyright? Also I wasn't aware that the USMC had "security guard" as an occupational specialty

Do you hold the copyright? Also I wasn't aware that the USMC had "security guard" as an occupational specialty

Then you know nothing about Marine Embassy Duty.....Actually Called MSG Duty.......Marine Security Guard MOS 8156......Now this is the second time you have derailed one of my threads.....Go troll someone else....

Then you know nothing about Marine Embassy Duty.....Actually Called MSG Duty.......Marine Security Guard MOS 8156......Now this is the second time you have derailed one of my threads.....Go troll someone else....

I derailed your thread? I see quite a few people objecting to your presentation style guy. You can have all the knowledge in the world but if no one listens to you because you come off as an arrogant Know-it-all what go does it do ?

I derailed your thread? I see quite a few people objecting to your presentation style guy. You can have all the knowledge in the world but if no one listens to you because you come off as an arrogant Know-it-all what go does it do ?

No actually you see yourself and APV...............Not once did either of you comment on content......You are just looking to stir crap up. Been around a long time and know plenty like you. You don't do presentations on the internet. No I don't know it all, but I sure as heck have the experience and credentials. Don't want the advise? Don't use it, but unless you have something constructive to say to correct or refute the post why do you even comment?

First I dont cut and paste Bro........I know the material. And there was no presentation. It is a written word.

Ok but you know what I’m trying to say. I said it in the other thread but this is like trying to figure out how A.A. works by walking into a room that has the 12 steps hanging on a wall and nothing else.

I’m not the only one that is saying you could present the information better, If I am blow me off and drive on if I’m not you might want to take what’s being said to heart

HAHA OH THE IRONY. Is this when I should say, "Stop being so disruptive and demanding he should reword his advice? His classroom and instructors all decided this was the way it should be worded, and 30,000 students later means they are doing it right, so who are you to demand it be different? You can go find your own class, I'm sure he won't be affected in anyway without you there."

To Bob: I think the presentation is just fine for an online firearms forum, even if it was just a poster inside a gun store or classroom. It's amazing how many can dish it out but can't receive it, especially when it's very direct and to the point.

HAHA OH THE IRONY. Is this when I should say, "Stop being so disruptive and demanding he should reword his advice? His classroom and instructors all decided this was the way it should be worded, and 30,000 students later means they are doing it right, so who are you to demand it be different? You can go find your own class, I'm sure he won't be affected in anyway without you there."

To Bob: I think the presentation is just fine for an online firearms forum, even if it was just a poster inside a gun store or classroom. It's amazing how many can dish it out but can't receive it, especially when it's very direct and to the point.

Why you sanctimonious hypocrite! Don’t you know that I’m covered under the first amendment? I can go anywhere and say anything I want regardless of the property owners wishes. I bet you treat black people the same way you treat the true first amendment supporters. People like you (who won’t change your whole way of doing things to accommodate real Christians like me) are the reason I don’t even go to church

Why you sanctimonious hypocrite! Don’t you know that I’m covered under the first amendment? I can go anywhere and say anything I want regardless of the property owners wishes. I bet you treat black people the same way you treat the true first amendment supporters. People like you (who won’t change your whole way of doing things to accommodate real Christians like me) are the reason I don’t even go to church

I don't object the first amendment, except when I don't want people to talk, but I don't object it.

Nice derailment btw, Bob nailed the troll comment right on the head.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

You crack me up guy. You definitely have the credentials. An OCS Range NCO, Oh My! I'm a PMI too, "bro". Don't put so much weight into it. It sure as hell doesn't make you god. I learned more teaching myself to shoot on the back 40 with a .22 as a kid than I ever did as a PMI. The instruction you get and what you are taught to teach others is a joke. Yes, it's all good information, but it's good information you could get in a Basic Marksmanship pamphlet off the gun counter at Cabelas.

if I could buy this btt guy for what his real value is and then turn around and sell him for his inflated view of his value I could really boost my retirement account.
he is either very proud of himself or a terrible promoter for his business

You have posted some very important questions. They are definitely worth thinking about.

Here's my additional question for a homeowner: "Do you have an exit strategy for every room?"
Many people don't understand that they must figure out in ADVANCE how to exit a location safely depending on the emergency (fire, intruder, etc.). Every structure has different requirements to exit a location. Are the windows barred? Is the hallway blocked? Is someone kicking in the front door?

You crack me up guy. You definitely have the credentials. An OCS Range NCO, Oh My! I'm a PMI too, "bro". Don't put so much weight into it. It sure as hell doesn't make you god. I learned more teaching myself to shoot on the back 40 with a .22 as a kid than I ever did as a PMI. The instruction you get and what you are taught to teach others is a joke. Yes, it's all good information, but it's good information you could get in a Basic Marksmanship pamphlet off the gun counter at Cabelas.

I am sure you are a talented Instructor on your own right and if you were really a PMI.You say you learned more on the back 40 then I pity the instructors that trained you or more so the students you taught. The Marine Corps
in general has some of the best InstructoRs in the world.

if I could buy this btt guy for what his real value is and then turn around and sell him for his inflated view of his value I could really boost my retirement account.
he is either very proud of himself or a terrible promoter for his business
You just can't help yourself can you APV. I post to help folks that don't know. You troll people's threads to make yourself important. My business is fine thank you for being concerned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back