Couldn't stand only having one motorcycle... so I bought another!

gunnerbob

PEW Professional
I picked this: Link Removed up for $1000! It runs great, I've put about 250 miles on it since buying it. I've upgraded the windscreen to this: http://www.memphisshades.com/universal-mount/malibu in the Solar tint, helps a lot with highway cruising. I also have a set of these: Link Removed coming my way. Sure, I could have spent the money on more important things... but the wifey and I missed having something WE could enjoy riding together. My SV650 is set up for track riding, so it's as comfortable as a board.

Just thought I'd share. Anybody else buy a new motorcycle recently?

Nope. :yu: I'm still waiting to get my truck fixed. Long story short, my battery exploded (literally blew the side wall out) on startup and took out my starter and electrical system. Not so expensive ($300 for parts) but time consuming, plus, I can't do it.

Nice bike Gunner and a sweet deal.

I haven't purchased a new one, but ride pretty much daily. Since my one job involves riding, pretty much a given that I am on a motorcycle at least 3 or 4 days a week.

Nope. :yu: I'm still waiting to get my truck fixed. Long story short, my battery exploded (literally blew the side wall out) on startup and took out my starter and electrical system. Not so expensive ($300 for parts) but time consuming, plus, I can't do it.

Dude... that blows. Bummer.... hope you get it going soon.

Nice bike Gunner and a sweet deal.

I haven't purchased a new one, but ride pretty much daily. Since my one job involves riding, pretty much a given that I am on a motorcycle at least 3 or 4 days a week.

Thanks! Me and the guy went back and forth a bit, about two days and finally agreed on 1k. It's got 14,500 or so miles on it... not bad for an '86. I got those saddlebags today, installed them in about 40 minutes. I'd hoped it'd be easier, but... I got 'em on there. They look good, sorta complete the bike. I at one point had three bikes; my SV, ZX636 and a Hyosung GV650. I sold the ZX and GV for the PCS and haven't ridden cruiser in a year... I, and WE missed it too much to not get another.

What do you do for a living?

Dude... that blows. Bummer.... hope you get it going soon.

Thanks! Me and the guy went back and forth a bit, about two days and finally agreed on 1k. It's got 14,500 or so miles on it... not bad for an '86. I got those saddlebags today, installed them in about 40 minutes. I'd hoped it'd be easier, but... I got 'em on there. They look good, sorta complete the bike. I at one point had three bikes; my SV, ZX636 and a Hyosung GV650. I sold the ZX and GV for the PCS and haven't ridden cruiser in a year... I, and WE missed it too much to not get another.

What do you do for a living?

Teach people to ride motorcycles (certified instructor). Been doing it for 19 years, taught over 7,000 students. Fun job, get paid to ride a motorcycle.

My SV650S :biggrin:

You're in the Cool Club now Bob! I'll have to load a pic of my SV sometime today... mine is a departure from stock trim. Have you done anything to yours? Suspension or brake upgrades?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sold this

Link Removed

And bought this

Link Removed

After 20 years of riding the roads, I have decided to keep things mellow and enjoy a different type of scenery.

Danmc, I've been thinking about getting a KLR 650... The idea of going from commuting to off-roading sounds too fun to pass up.

i have a ttr-230 that i share w/ the FIL. i want to either get something like the one i posted earlier or something around a mid-2000s Yamaha R6. i like the Victory bikes as well, just too much. some of the Roayl Enfields look cool, but i'd want something bigger than a 500 in a cruiser.

i have a ttr-230 that i share w/ the FIL. i want to either get something like the one i posted earlier or something around a mid-2000s Yamaha R6. i like the Victory bikes as well, just too much. some of the Roayl Enfields look cool, but i'd want something bigger than a 500 in a cruiser.

I've ridden a few R6s, I think they were both the '06-'07 models. Personally, I didn't like them. The powerband is nonexistant until double digit RPMs and the stock pegs were too high and too far back. However, get those things on the track and their dynamite. I really liked the '05 636 I had, great bike! I'm so-so with the Victory bikes.... meh. If you like the Royal Enfield's you'll probably like the Triumphs. I love the Thruxton, beautiful bike! I don't mind the 500cc for the Shadow I just bought, it's enough to get me and the Wife around in comfort... but, it is 'just enough'. If money were no object, I'd buy an H-D Forty Eight too.

I've ridden a few R6s, I think they were both the '06-'07 models. Personally, I didn't like them. The powerband is nonexistant until double digit RPMs and the stock pegs were too high and too far back. However, get those things on the track and their dynamite. I really liked the '05 636 I had, great bike! I'm so-so with the Victory bikes.... meh. If you like the Royal Enfield's you'll probably like the Triumphs. I love the Thruxton, beautiful bike! I don't mind the 500cc for the Shadow I just bought, it's enough to get me and the Wife around in comfort... but, it is 'just enough'. If money were no object, I'd buy an H-D Forty Eight too.

i had the unfortunate pleasure of owning a 650 v-star and it was gutless and needed a 6th gear. i've had my eye on these too...Link Removed Link Removed

that new cb1100 is BOSS!!

i just want a sporty bike for local commuting. no real touring at all.

i had the unfortunate pleasure of owning a 650 v-star and it was gutless and needed a 6th gear. i've had my eye on these too...Link Removed Link Removed

that new cb1100 is BOSS!!

i just want a sporty bike for local commuting. no real touring at all.

I like the new CB1100! I sat one one at Velocity the other day, feels nice. About the V-Star 650, I have heard that from many people... even though it's a 650, it doesn't produce the power it should. Having a sixth gear is awesome, my 500 Shadow has one and it helps big time. I can cruise at 65-70 mph at 5,000-5,500 rpm, which is only halfway to the redline.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back