Couldn't stand only having one motorcycle... so I bought another!

You're in the Cool Club now Bob! I'll have to load a pic of my SV sometime today... mine is a departure from stock trim. Have you done anything to yours? Suspension or brake upgrades?

Nah, Nothing special in the suspension or brakes. All stock. Just added Heli bars and the Motech mainstand.

Nah, Nothing special in the suspension or brakes. All stock. Just added Heli bars and the Motech mainstand.

Nice, for regular commuting the SV's suspension and brakes are plenty fine. Here's a bad pic of mine:

Link Removed

I've done some painting to darken her up. Full M4 exhaust system, Power Commander III, .95 Sonic Springs w/ 15wt oil up front, '08 ZX14 shock out back, Galfer pads front and rear, Moto Sliders frame sliders and I rotated the stock bars so they're lower and more rearward... I didn't want clip-ons. I put the "SV" gel seat on too, it's not comfortable but works well at the track b/c it's hard and allows for easy side-to-side transitions.

EDIT: Afterthought, I like Mich Pilot Power rubber... I've never had a serious slide or step out on both street and track unless I tried to. That takes a lot of lean angle and a handful of throttle anyway... the SV only puts down about 70hp.

Gotta Give It Up

Apologies if I’m off topic here… But I own a Gen1 1200cc V-4 Yamaha V-Max… with a few less than 11k original miles on the odometer.

2000 year model, 2nd owner, purchased with 3.5k miles on it, from AL adult original owner, never wrecked or dropped, and meticulously maintained. Carbon fiber ‘everything’… Supertrapp exhausts, fly shield, engine guards, and most important, a custom seat…all added since I’ve owned it…

It needs a home…age and health issues are telling me it’s time to quit.

Located in Tampa Bay Area, Southwest FL….If interested, PM me, for home phone and/or email address… we can talk…

Thanks

FLc

Link RemovedLink Removed

It needs a home…age and health issues are telling me it’s time to quit.
I know the feeling. Sold my Harley to my future son-in-law after 45 years of riding. My close brush with death a few months back left me with partial nerve damage to my legs. Had to learn how to walk all over again. Not enough strength (support) in legs to ride again. The withdrawals are awful!!! :cray:

My first bike was a 86 shadow 500. Loved that thing. The guy I bought it from had done some motor work to it, it would fly!

Had to sell it a few years later. Then I bought another shadow as a project bike. The guy that had it messed with the wiring and screwed it up, had to completely rewire the entire bike. Got it running but had been laid off again so it got sold too. Haven't had one to ride again but I've bought a few projects, fixed them and resold. Bought a Honda xr200 that was in buckets for $50, found a titled frame for $50, rebuilt the bike and sold it for $600. Had about $300 total in parts, but hours of love (labor).

One of these days I'll be riding again.

Knowing when...

Bob…Thanks much for the compliment… This was my first and last ever import. I rode HD only for a LOT of years. Then after my ‘first retirement’, I played around with a T-bucket roadster hotrod, that was quite a bit of fun too. But just not the same.

My oldest son is a HD owner, then the younger son moved down here, and brought along one he owned. Then my grandson bought a GXR after 2 sandbox tours, one DIL owned and rode a Hayabusa, now I was the only one without, and I’m the guy that started the whole thing!

Being older (mid 60’s by then) I was kind of leaning toward the possibility of a 1200 Sporty, but you know, ‘girl’s bike’ and all that….was strongly considering a V65 Honda, before I discovered the V-Max…. When I eventually found this one and bought it, there were 3 generations of us all riding together for awhile… Can’t really explain the feelings of joy that brought me!

Now they have all moved away, and I have retired again. But I have to admit, the ‘max is a hellova ride. The only one in the crew that could keep up with it was was DIL’s ‘busa….I could hang with her, even pull her somewhat until about 4th gear (100 +), then, ‘she gone’!

Ringo…Trust me, the withdrawls never quit… But old ‘war wounds’, and now a lot of arthritis in my knees and back, limited eyesight, hearing, and reflexes, have pretty much convinced me that it’s time to quit for good. I have also a strong love for music and my meager lil’ guitar collection…and of course my personal firearms, they are all keeping me pretty well entertained. And I will always have some great memories!

Take care y’all..

FLc

Sucks you guys have had to give up riding for various reasons... bummer. I've never been an HD rider but the Forty Eight (among others) is making me re-think that. The issue is $$$... I doubt I'd be able to find a good condition HD for $1,000. I have no issues with foreign bikes, all that I've owned were.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back