What is the most friendly State for Conceled Carry

REB1969

1. What state is the most conceled carry friendly? Why?

2. (Excluding Illinois) What state is the most conceled carry unfriendly? Why?

For the best carry state, I vote for Wyoming since they have constitutional carry.

For the worst state, I have lots of votes, beginning with IL, MA, NY, CA, CT, RI, NH, DE, NJ, MD, HI

My opinion

Friendliest must be Vermont, never having made any law against concealed or open carry.

IL is the worst, of course. Several tie for 2nd-worst CC state by not recognizing any other states' CC permits, including CA, HI, NY, MA, NJ, et al.

High on the friendly list is SD - permit is inexpensive, easy, and quick. Limitation on places to carry is just 3 - bars, K-12 schools, courthouses.

For the unfriendly list, don't forget DC - the nation's capital, one of the biggest infringers of all.

Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, and Vermont have constitutional carry and several other states are or have been working on legislation for constitutional carry.

Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, and Vermont have constitutional carry and several other states are or have been working on legislation for constitutional carry.

True. Vermont does not prohibit carry by anyone. I think AZ and WY allow it only for residents; visitors must still have a permit from another recognized state.

Iowa is about as friendly as you can get for conceal & carry & fairly inexpensive to get aside from schools & post offices you can carry most anywhere including bars & they accept all other states conceal & carry permits.

NJ, NYC, IL, and DC are next to impossible to get a concealed carry permit.
as for VT which does not require or issue permits is not always a good thing, VT residents cannot travel with their guns because they have no permit to carry

NY, NYC, NJ are probably the worst. IL of course out right denies you the right to carry. But that might change this year. There is a big push by the Democrats, yes the Democrats to get the CCW bill passed. They now have a super majority (I think) to push it through. The last time they came close but did not have the Super Majority to blow away Qunin's veto.

NJ, NYC, IL, and DC are next to impossible to get a concealed carry permit.
as for VT which does not require or issue permits is not always a good thing, VT residents cannot travel with their guns because they have no permit to carry
I would like to see where you got that information from, cite please.

I would like to see where you got that information from, cite please.

vermont does not issue permits, so when you are travelling you have no permit to show anyone who would be interested.

from http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/vermont.pdf

Permits/Licenses This State Honors
Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont does allow anyone who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.
Vermont Residents can carry in the states of Arizona and Alaska if they are 21 Years of age and can legally own a firearm. Beginning 11/1/12 a Resident of Vermont can carry in the state of Oklahoma with just their State of Vermont ID and can legally possess a firearm. OK law is silent on the age of the person carrying from permitless carry states. I would not carry unless 21 years of age.

vermont does not issue permits, so when you are travelling you have no permit to show anyone who would be interested.

from http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/vermont.pdf

Permits/Licenses This State Honors
Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont does allow anyone who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.
Vermont Residents can carry in the states of Arizona and Alaska if they are 21 Years of age and can legally own a firearm. Beginning 11/1/12 a Resident of Vermont can carry in the state of Oklahoma with just their State of Vermont ID and can legally possess a firearm. OK law is silent on the age of the person carrying from permitless carry states. I would not carry unless 21 years of age.
Who says you can't travel with a firearm? Follow federal guidelines for interstate travel and you should be fine. Keeping your mouth shut also helps.

Who says you can't travel with a firearm? Follow federal guidelines for interstate travel and you should be fine. Keeping your mouth shut also helps.

sheesh, if you travel to and stay in almost every state as a VT resident you do realize that in all but 3 states you will be carrying ILLEGALLY! no permit means no carry! what good is an unloaded gun in a locked box?

sheesh, if you travel to and stay in almost every state as a VT resident you do realize that in all but 3 states you will be carrying ILLEGALLY! no permit means no carry! what good is an unloaded gun in a locked box?

Absolutely 100% false information. It is illegal in all but 4 states to CONCEAL a handgun without a permit/license. That has little to do with carrying a firearm.

For example, I only possess a WA CPL. It is not valid in Colorado or Wyoming. When I travelled to Wyoming, I flew from Seattle to Denver with an unloaded handgun locked in a case. Got to the Denver airport, picked up my luggage, got my rental car. About 45 minutes later I crossed the Denver county line on my way to Wyoming. I retrieved my handgun out of the case, loaded it, put it in the holster on my belt and LEGALLY openly carried the loaded handgun on my person for the remainder of my trip through the rest of Colorado and in Wyoming, until I got to the Denver county line on my return, where I unloaded the gun and locked it back in the case.

Washington is another state where you can legally open carry your loaded handgun, outside a vehicle, with no license required.

One must remain cognizant of the Federal prohibition against carrying loaded firearms within 1000' of a school, without a license issued by the state the school is in, however. You guys in Vermont violate that one all the time, though.

Open Carry | OpenCarry.org

Kentucky = friendly and gun friendly.

Except for that guy behind me who was pissed because I wasn't driving fast enough LOL... Hemad :p

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back