Just because they are LEO don't make them OK!!!!

kcpauly..without a doubt there are bad cops! That being said ...I am sure the good ones far exceed the number of bad ones.
I keep hearing this, but I NEVER see any quantifiable proof to support it. It MIGHT be true, but it's apparently to be taken as religious dogma, even when there's abundant proof to the contrary.

You MIGHT have a point if you claim that OVERALL, "most" cops are "good", but even that would have to be very heavily qualified. In places like Chicago and New Orleans, the DOCUMENTED evidence points to there not only NOT being a "vast" majority of "good" cops, but not even a majority AT ALL.

At the same time, you have to look at the monotonous regularity of supposedly "good" cops supporting the bad, be it in the case of Tony Abbate in Chicago or Daniel Harless in Canton, Ohio. It's hard to find an example of police misconduct (up to and including multiple murders) that DIDN'T involve a coverup by OTHER cops, including those not directly involved. Hence the coverups in the sexual assault of Abner Louima, the beating of Karolina Obrycka, the murder of Kathryn Johnston, the murders on the Danziger Bridge in New Orleans and many, many more. In fact, the coverup of institutional torture in the Chicago PD continues to this very moment, and that dates back to the late '60s or early '70s.

I will freely accept that not ALL cops are criminal. But when you assert that "the good ones far exceed the number of bad ones", I'll need to see some proof. The truth is that's mostly wishful thinking on your part. It MIGHT be true, but you've done nothing to prove it, and I doubt you could.

well see how many quit their jobs if asked to haul innocent civilians into concentration camps and how many just blindly obey orders
that would be the test to tell of whom they protect and serve.....the establishment or us
and it's a fact they not here to protect and serve the public but to enforce draconian laws .....

well see how many quit their jobs if asked to haul innocent civilians into concentration camps and how many just blindly obey orders
We're a long way (and a bloody guerrilla war) away from concentration camps.

A better question is, "See how many quit their jobs rather than cover up a murder by another cop, or even how many report the murder".

Recent history says, "Damned few."

There are mutts in every profession. Sometimes it's LE.

Last year my wife called me from a parking lot stop. She went grocery shopping and was accosted for parking crooked. The LEO had her blocked in. he demanded to know if she had any medical condition that required medication. He asked permission to search pocketbook and car. He accused her of being vague in her answers. He gave her a roadside drunk test. He wouldn't let her use her French crutches during the test. She needed them at the time as she had spinal surgery after an auto accident. I advised her to turn on her phone recorder and to shut her mouth. I picked up my friend who is an attorney and we went to the location. He still had her. Nearly one hour. My friend went over to talk to the LEO. When they returned he apologized and tore-up the PARKING TICKET!!! After one hour that's all he had. Later I asked my friend what he said to the LEO. He told him he was her attorney and wanted her to be arrested. He advised the cop that she doesn't drink or take any drugs, ever. And when the blood test comes back clean, I (her husband) would take the opportunity to sue the town, PD and officer. Individually and collectively. Violations of civil rights and constitutional rights. Apologized to the cop saying it's only business, never personal. But it is an opportunity to make money and I would move on it aggressively. Cop recognized my friend from Fox News where he's a legal contributor. Cop just wanted out of there.

Last week my wife told me her massage therapist was stopped by the same guy. He pulled her out of the car and began the same routine. Wanted to search her. Advised her she must answer his questions under the law. She was scared an allowed him to search. She was eventually released without issue or ticket. So here's a LEO, working as a DAE (drug/alcohol expert), violating peoples rights daily.

Town of Montgomery PD... NYS.

Last edited:
There are mutts in every profession. Sometimes it's LE.
The difference of course is the ability of cops to cover up their misdeeds and to intimidate victims and witnesses.

Recall the threat to plant drugs in the vehicles of the patrons of the bar where Karolina Obrycka was beaten by Officer Anthony Abbate. Recall too, the widespread coverups of the post-Katrina murders by the New Orleans PD, to include the planting of a gun and the burning of a victim's body. The coverup of institutionalized torture inside the Chicago PD is worthy of several books by itself.

I'm continually fascinated by the desire of cops (and their supporters) to have virtually unlimited power over citizens, WITHOUT a corresponding degree of responsibility for their actions.

wow perhaps someone should go to internal affairs and file complaints against that officer?
it is said that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely or something to that effect

wow perhaps someone should go to internal affairs and file complaints against that officer?
it is said that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely or something to that effect
Sometimes that works, sometimes not.

A Chicago cop murdered an unarmed man while standing under a bank of transit authority video cameras and lied about it. His "punishment"? 30 days without pay... for being late to the murder and partially out of uniform... followed by a PROMOTION to detective. He then got hit with some portion of a $3,000,000 judgment. When an alderman finally asked why he was STILL a cop, YEARS after the murder, he shot himself in the head.

In some places, your ONLY recourse against even the most outrageous crimes by police is in civil court.

:nono: The LEO's are the biggest gang problem around, they treat normal citizens like criminals, when actually most of their actions, and tactics are more criminal than most people that they harrass and brutalize, most people don't have the ego or arrogance that most of our LEO's have as they have put in into their own minds and their training techniques that they have to be this way what happen to protect and serve to being public servants just like all other "law" makers and enforcers its F*%ked up then they wonder why they feel like they have to protect themselves all the time if they weren't such assholes they probably wouldn't have to worry so much about it, I don't have much respect for those who have no respect for us.

Most Law Enforcement officers (Cops) are very decent human beings,
Unfortunately there will always be a few bad apples that tarnish the badge.
Society as a whole needs to help 'weed out' the few bad cops so that the rest of the good cops can continue to do their jobs honorably.

On that note, respect is a two way street, Your attitude (good or bad) can go a long way in either direction during any police stop.

when i was falsely arrested the cop lied to cover up his own not so honorable actions
That unfortunately, is SOP.

If a cop would shoot somebody, then hide and burn the body to conceal the crime, how could anyone think he wouldn't subsequently lie about it, or get others to do so?

That unfortunately, is SOP.

If a cop would shoot somebody, then hide and burn the body to conceal the crime, how could anyone think he wouldn't subsequently lie about it, or get others to do so?

You continually recite the same cases over and over again.....That is far from proof that all cops are bad and involved in coverups.I know ,I know "Google The cracker barrel Shootings" ,I know , I know "The Tony Abate case, YAWWWWWN, I know , I know , "Danzinger Bridge" Blah , Blah ,Blah. That's far from quantifying your point of view. I believe you have deep seeded hate for cops no doubt , But that doesn't make the redundant facts you spew the staple for every man or woman in a uniform. In my book this crappy thread is a perfect place for a TROLLTASTIC person such as yourself.....:hang3:

I keep hearing this, but I NEVER see any quantifiable proof to support it. It MIGHT be true, but it's apparently to be taken as religious dogma, even when there's abundant proof to the contrary.
In the absence of quantifiable PROOF to the contrary, I CHOOSE to BELIEVE that it is true, that most cops are good.

You continually recite the same cases over and over again.....That is far from proof that all cops are bad and involved in coverups.I know ,I know "Google The cracker barrel Shootings" ,I know , I know "The Tony Abate case, YAWWWWWN, I know , I know , "Danzinger Bridge" Blah , Blah ,Blah. That's far from quantifying your point of view. I believe you have deep seeded hate for cops no doubt , But that doesn't make the redundant facts you spew the staple for every man or woman in a uniform. In my book this crappy thread is a perfect place for a TROLLTASTIC person such as yourself.....:hang3:
I seem to recall saying that NOT all cops were criminal. But where would you be if you had to respond to what I REALLY said instead of a strawman of your own creation?

I can cite DOCUMENTED cases all day long, but it doesn't really matter to you. You have a near theological myth of squeaky clean police that you're "testifying", and no amount of fact will overcome it.

You said it yourself, "redundant FACTS". You don't have ANY facts, merely pseudo-religious reverence for police verging on devotion, CONTRARY to documented fact.

Your reaction to my lack of adoration for the police is equivalent to the reaction of an Iranian mullah to my failure to believe that the "hidden imam" Ali will some day climb out of a well to bring Armageddon.

You have an absolute right to your mythology. I have an absolute right to disbelieve, disdain and debunk it.

In the absence of quantifiable PROOF to the contrary, I CHOOSE to BELIEVE that it is true, that most cops are good.
Your position is an honest, if (in my opinion) irrational one. You admit that you essentially have faith without proof. You're completely entitled to believe without proof. You deserve respect for ADMITTING it rather than engaging in an endless series of dishonest rhetorical deceptions.

I have no reason to have a similar faith based BELIEF (and abundant reason not to) and benefit in no way from pretending to.

I seem to recall saying that NOT all cops were criminal. But where would you be if you had to respond to what I REALLY said instead of a strawman of your own creation?

I can cite DOCUMENTED cases all day long, but it doesn't really matter to you. You have a near theological myth of squeaky clean police that you're "testifying", and no amount of fact will overcome it.

You said it yourself, "redundant FACTS". You don't have ANY facts, merely pseudo-religious reverence for police verging on devotion, CONTRARY to documented fact.

Your reaction to my lack of adoration for the police is equivalent to the reaction of an Iranian mullah to my failure to believe that the "hidden imam" Ali will some day climb out of a well to bring Armageddon.

You have an absolute right to your mythology. I have an absolute right to disbelieve, disdain and debunk it.

Lol..... It's really funny what a drama queen you are....:rap:Carry on

cops shouldn't be placed on any pedastools they like anyone else can tend to abuse their 'authority' and usually do
power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely ........unless of course the person watches his integrity and not allow others to sway them into doing bad things to folks just because they can and can get away with it by having their paternal orders support in doing so.......police brutality happens way to often and seemingly without restitution to the victims or their families
i was taught long ago it's very hard to fight city hall and reason being it's a brotherhood of sorts no doubt just look at the occult symbolism on their uniforms ....uniforms another sign of a manipulated mind.....but that's a whole nother topic

Lol..... It's really funny what a drama queen you are....:rap:Carry on
"Redundant FACTS" got you down Bunky?

Kathryn Johnston, Michael Pleasance, James Brissette, Ronald Madison, Amadou Diallo, Patrick Dorismond, Cheney, Schwerner and Goodman, etc., etc., etc. are still dead and all of the infantile name calling in the world won't change that.

"Redundant FACTS" got you down Bunky?

Kathryn Johnston, Michael Pleasance, James Brissette, Ronald Madison, Amadou Diallo, Patrick Dorismond, Cheney, Schwerner and Goodman, etc., etc., etc. are still dead and all of the infantile name calling in the world won't change that.

Wow 8 cases, that definately proves your point! There are 36,000 cops in NY alone you Troll!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back